• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

What can I do about my loud neighbors

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Did they touch you at all?

Who started the violence?
They all started congregating up there and I caught a few before they made it up and told them it was not happening tonight.

Half hour later the remaining idiots were starting to get louder. 11pm. I knocked the ceiling with my guitar case. They started knocking back and yelling fuck you so I bolted up and knocked down the door.

It was not good

Essentially their arhument is its not their problem I can't sleep through their noise. He was literally right in front of the noise violation note.

I fucked up

Last edited:
They all started congregating up there and I caught a few before they made it up and told them it was not happening tonight.

Half hour later the remaining idiots were starting to get louder. 11pm. I knocked the ceiling with my guitar case. They started knocking back and yelling fuck you so I bolted up and knocked down the door.

It was not good

Essentially their arhument is its not their problem I can't sleep through their noise. He was literally right in front of the noise violation note.

I fucked up

Well, their argument is patently false. Generally speaking, most apartment complexes, and cities, enforce a 10 PM curfew for loudness. They seemingly violate that routinely.

You may want to contact some friends or family in the area. If they call the police they could charge you with something.

Regarding the lease and management, a lawyer and his letterhead is still your best shot; sent both to the property manager and their corporate office. And also complaining to corporate. And having others do it as well. Really important the last part.

It should cost you an hour's worth of a lawyer's time, and no more, as it is a boilerplate type letter. So you're looking at $150-$300 depending on the quality of the attorney.

Well, their argument is patently false. Generally speaking, most apartment complexes, and cities, enforce a 10 PM curfew for loudness. They seemingly violate that routinely.

You may want to contact some friends or family in the area. If they call the police they could charge you with something.

Regarding the lease and management, a lawyer and his letterhead is still your best shot; sent both to the property manager and their corporate office. And also complaining to corporate. And having others do it as well. Really important the last part.

It should cost you an hour's worth of a lawyer's time, and no more, as it is a boilerplate type letter. So you're looking at $150-$300 depending on the quality of the attorney.
Steel manning their argument, they are just having conversation which includes lauhjjng etc. It's not their fault their work schedule isn't like mine.

The problem is the walls are fucking. Nonexistent. So it doesn't matter if it's a party (which they say they'll stop doing) or just regular conversation, I'm gonna hear it all.

They should be able to have a conversation in their own place.

But I should be able to sleep more than 15 days out of the month.

Unit is uninhabitable, schedules conflict and ceiling is too thin.

I wrote a letter apologizing and put it on the door. I'm worried about reproccussions. I apologized, thanked them for not having parties anymore, and said it was the complexs fault and I was in the wrong tonight. Told them I was moving so they could talk and I could sleep and wanted this week to go by easy. Told them I'd deal with the noise the best I could and asked for them to keep it down as best they could because the walls don't stop any noise whatsoever

Honestly dude I have had no sleep in 2 months and I can't even think straight. This is such a shitty situation.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we need to get a movie into production about Dave’s life. It’d be a hit.

Sorry about the shit you’re going through @David.

I went through the same stuff last August when I moved in and I basically went over night one and said “hey, I get it, but you’re being loud as fuck, and if I can’t sleep, I’ll make sure you never sleep again. Keep the shit down past midnight. Thanks.”

It worked because the dude who’s door I pretty much kicked in was 18 and a foot shorter than me and I was PISSED, but hey.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we need to get a movie into production about Dave’s life. It’d be a hit.

Sorry about the shit you’re going through @David.

I went through the same stuff last August when I moved in and I basically went over night one and said “hey, I get it, but you’re being loud as fuck, and if I can’t sleep, I’ll make sure you never sleep again. Keep the shit down past midnight. Thanks.”

It worked because the dude who’s door I pretty much kicked in was 18 and a foot shorter than me and I was PISSED, but hey.
Depends on the person. Some will care enough. These guys have had multiple warnings and conversations. I broke their door literally down and they told me it wasn't their problem.

Steel manning their argument, they are just having conversation which includes lauhjjng etc. It's not their fault their work schedule isn't like mine.

The problem is the walls are fucking. Nonexistent. So it doesn't matter if it's a party (which they say they'll stop doing) or just regular conversation, I'm gonna hear it all.

They should be able to have a conversation in their own place.

But I should be able to sleep more than 15 days out of the month.

Unit is uninhabitable, schedules conflict and ceiling is too thin.

I wrote a letter apologizing and put it on the door. I'm worried about reproccussions. I apologized, thanked them for not having parties anymore, and said it was the complexs fault and I was in the wrong tonight. Told them I was moving so they could talk and I could sleep and wanted this week to go by easy. Told them I'd deal with the noise the best I could and asked for them to keep it down as best they could because the walls don't stop any noise whatsoever

Honestly dude I have had no sleep in 2 months and I can't even think straight. This is such a shitty situation.

I can certainly understand your plight. Our last place sucked like that with the added bonus of being located next to a park with a baseball diamond. On the weekends the screaming Little League parent-idiots would wake us at 0730. And go all damn day. And every afternoon 10 months a year.

Sounds like you need a new place. Get out of your lease. We did. Obtain a lawyer letter that says:

1) You have exhausted all reasonable courses of action in trying to get them to quiet down and that management has not adequately addressed the issue for X,Y and Z reasons.
2) As such, you are terminating the lease due to lack of quiet enjoyment of your abode and expecting no negative charges.
3) Management has 30 days to fix the issue or you're gone.

If you can, try to look for a place that used to be condos; they have a much higher standard of build.

From the reviews of the place

"If a zero star or negative stars were available that would be their rating. Terrible staff all together. Front staff will not return your calls once they have your money. Place is very cheaply built. Paper thin windows, can hear everything in the complex. Workers will park in your parking spot so when"

"Building is ancient with no insulation and no AC. Walls are paper thin and the entire complex vibrates every time a truck drives by the busy street nearby. Obnoxious neighbors include a biker gang who rev their engines in the complex and a mechanic who uses one of the garages to do loud work in the middle of the night below your windows..."

I think your best weapon is that they also have to sleep. Figure out quiet hours and position a speaker accordingly as soon as quiet hours end.

This is a simple way to go about it. If they are up late, then they are sleeping late, which means past the beginning of normal noise hours.

Hit ‘me with “C’mon feel the noise” on loop. Or the Macarena.

Hit ‘me with “C’mon feel the noise” on loop.

Go with Slade's original version of that, not the Quiet Riot knock-off. Noddy Holder had a voice like a jet engine.

How funny would it be if I used how easy it was to break down their doors as a reason to feel unsafe as a reason to break my lease

Since I brought him up...the largely unappreciated (in the U.S.) Noddy Holder. Sounds like he should have torn his vocal cords to shreds, but never did. I'd imagine he's great for annoying neighbors who may not appreciate his voice.

Fun fact -- Slade was second to the Beatles for the most No. 1 hits in the U.K. in the 70's. Never had that kind of success in the U.S., though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu_ozjAu_vM

What about Gayed - cum on (and feel) the boys

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."