• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Buckeyes Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Putting a true freshman out there next season isn’t going to take away from the fact you’re fucked, in the case of Fields and Baldwin being injured.
Yup. Especially a true freshman coming from what has been described nationally as one of the worst HS QB crops in recent memory. Just roll the dice with Fields, Baldwin, and Chugunov next year and take two in 2020.

Yup. Especially a true freshman coming from what has been described nationally as one of the worst HS QB crops in recent memory. Just roll the dice with Fields, Baldwin, and Chugunov next year and take two in 2020.

Wouldn't surprise me for someone to come in at the grad transfer level, but pickings are slim for QBs at this point.

Some grad transfer trying to launch their coaching career, going to play for Ryan Day for a year wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I think Day needs to go out and find another QB now. I don't think a transfer makes sense, a good transfer isn't coming in to sit behind Fields and possibly Baldwin. Also relying on transfers to replace depth is risky, it could set up the QB room to have a collape of depth when you deal with limited years and constantly having to recruit multiple QBs a year.

Day needs to see if there is a good high school QB who might not have the highest ceiling but will be happy to be a backup. Someone on the lines of Guiton or Cardale. Someone that should be with the team 4 or 5 years and can be counted on for spot duty. Maybe even compete to start in year 3 or 4 if they hit their ceiling.

Good luck getting a waiver. The timeline matches up he only decided to leave when we got Fields. Also, Urban did not leave with a scandle or the program under a suspension or bowl ban. I am pretty shocked he would leave, unless we told him he did not have a chance. You almost think he would have been better off to come back, try to win the job, and transfer next year after he graduates and has 2 years left and can play right away.

Putting a true freshman out there next season isn’t going to take away from the fact you’re fucked, in the case of Fields and Baldwin being injured.

I agree. The coaching staff made their bed with that and probably have to live with it next season. Losing both Mathis and Tate hurts the depth going forward. I think it's really hard to convince two highly recruited QBs to come in the same class.

Chugunov will be gone next year. If Fields plays up to his ceiling he is gone in two years. I think they should try to find someone to bring in this year. They need someone who will stay long term as a backup. Just someone who has more upside than Chugunov type guys.

Sheffield is officially going to the NFL.

Snead is off the team and Keandre Jones is transferring.

Georgia is apparently pissed off and has filed a grievance. Nothing will come of it, but funny to see them being so petty over a QB that they wouldn't even start over Fromm for whatever reason.

Georgia is apparently pissed off and has filed a grievance. Nothing will come of it, but funny to see them being so petty over a QB that they wouldn't even start over Fromm for whatever reason.

Where are you seeing that?

Georgia had a say in okaying the transfer.

Where are you seeing that?

Georgia had a say in okaying the transfer.
They originally were trying to block it but I believe they dropped it (rumor is in return for fields being complimentary in his statement) . Don't think they've filed a greievence post decision.

If they’d like to keep recruiting African American players, one would think they’d just go ahead and release him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."