• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018-2019 Around The NBA thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious loss for the Lakers, but hey, at least they achieved their goal of holding Harden under 50

Crazy how much Harden gets away with shove off with his off hand. Surprised that no opposing coach has made a stink about this yet. A lot of those "great" stepbacks he basically shoves the opposing forward in the direction their moving so it's not as obvious as if he pushed them in a different way

Everything about Harden's game shouldn't work...

Hilarious loss for the Lakers, but hey, at least they achieved their goal of holding Harden under 50

ZOoHKx4.png

It's just different now. These guys just bounce around and ring chase and no one bats an eye. Totally bitch made behavior in my opinion but it is what it is at this point. It'll never go back to the way it was . . .

This is why I like the teams that feel more organic. Indiana, Milwaukee, Denver etc. if we didn’t have the fucking Durant Warriors those teams would have a legit shot at the title

NBA ratings are down. I'm not surprised:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6605537/NBA-TV-ratings-hit-LeBron-James-Laker-move.html

In addition to LeBron's move, I think there's a demographic of 30+ adults who are tuning in less because we're tired of the out-of-control three-point circus and lack of defense. As I've stated on some other forums, it seems most fans prefer 90-110 point games. You want enough scoring so that it's not like the slowdown slugfests of the late '90s, but not so much that you're seeing teams fling over fifty threes in a game, and frequent scores of 130 or more. Warriorsball and Hardenball are played out with a lot of the old school fans, who like me would prefer more of a balance.

I admit, if it weren't for Luka, I'd hardly be watching this season -- it would be Thunder games, and that's about it (Love's ongoing injury in Cleveland has led me to watch them only once since it occurred). I catch maybe a game or so a week now. I used to watch almost every night, sometimes two games in a night.

NBA ratings are down. I'm not surprised:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6605537/NBA-TV-ratings-hit-LeBron-James-Laker-move.html

In addition to LeBron's move, I think there's a demographic of 30+ adults who are tuning in less because we're tired of the out-of-control three-point circus and lack of defense. As I've stated on some other forums, it seems most fans prefer 90-110 point games. You want enough scoring so that it's not like the slowdown slugfests of the late '90s, but not so much that you're seeing teams fling over fifty threes in a game, and frequent scores of 130 or more. Warriorsball and Hardenball are played out with a lot of the old school fans, who like me would prefer more of a balance.

I admit, if it weren't for Luka, I'd hardly be watching this season -- it would be Thunder games, and that's about it (Love's ongoing injury in Cleveland has led me to watch them only once since it occurred). I catch maybe a game or so a week now. I used to watch almost every night, sometimes two games in a night.

Pointed out earlier this season how crazy it was that they didn't have the Luka-LeBron matchups on national TV. They've really done a poor job riding the Luka wave in general.

Again I'll argue for moving the 3 point line back. It was a shot worthy of 3 points when they implemented it. Shooting is much better now. The shot is too easy. Move it back. Widen the court if need be, or remove corner 3s all-together.

Again I'll argue for moving the 3 point line back. It was a shot worthy of 3 points when they implemented it. Shooting is much better now. The shot is too easy. Move it back. Widen the court if need be, or remove corner 3s all-together.

Wouldn't that take away the corner 3 all together?

That's why I said widen the court if need be.

Ha, I read the first half of your post and just responded. I'd actually be fine with them getting rid of corner 3s so we don't see that BS Steph Curry spinning around and looking at the bench at the corners.

Jaren Jackson has a chance to be good, but like most rookies he has a major weakness. He doesn't rebound the ball for shit. 6'11 and would barely be a good rebounder for a shooting guard, let alone a small forward, let alone a power forward.

Jaren Jackson has a chance to be good, but like most rookies he has a major weakness. He doesn't rebound the ball for shit. 6'11 and would barely be a good rebounder for a shooting guard, let alone a small forward, let alone a power forward.

Rebounding definitely needs to improve (only 6.7 rebounds PER36 - that's Andrea Bargnani territory of bad), but I'd say the other parts of his game more than make up for this weakness. Would much rather have him than Andre Drummond.

I don't think moving the line does anything except make the problem worse. It would give everyone even more spacing.

The real answer is to make every 2 a 4 point play, and the 3 a 5. That would make it not as efficient to hit the 3.

You could never compare stats that way, so it will never happen, but just making the 3 harder won't do anything. Guys will adjust a few feet. Now if a 3 was behind half court only... lol

I don't think moving the line does anything except make the problem worse. It would give everyone even more spacing.

The real answer is to make every 2 a 4 point play, and the 3 a 5. That would make it not as efficient to hit the 3.

You could never compare stats that way, so it will never happen, but just making the 3 harder won't do anything. Guys will adjust a few feet. Now if a 3 was behind half court only... lol

Hmm, I don't know if I agree. Spacing would increase in the short term, but when percentages started to drop and the shooting became less efficient, offenses would have to change. Particularly if it's a significant back-up. Like a foot or more.

Because the truth is they could already stand back further if they wanted to to increase spacing. Nothing is stopping them from doing so now.

But essentially my goal is to get only the guys who should be shooting 3s, shooting 3s. I don't wanna see Blake Griffin and Brook Lopez shooting 5 3s a game. Move that thing back a foot and a half and that would, eventually, bring more guys back inside the arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."