• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
What do you guys use to watch movies if it’s not on Netflix, Prime, etc.?

Usually just pirate them if they're not on one of the services I pay for (currently Netflix and Hulu).

If you're going through a list of must-see movies, you have to switch up genres or else it may get tiresome. Mix in one she chooses every once in a while. Even if she says she wants to see what you suggest, it's good to give up the reins every so often.

If you're going through a list of must-see movies, you have to switch up genres or else it may get tiresome. Mix in one she chooses every once in a while. Even if she says she wants to see what you suggest, it's good to give up the reins every so often.
I don’t know if I trust her choosing movies. Likes some bad movies. But that is a good suggestion.

These were named the top 100 movies of the first 100 years of movies (1907-2007).

https://www.afi.com/100years/movies10.aspx

Obviously there isn't anything from the last 12 years on the list, but there are a lot of great movies on there (I've seen about 70% of them, I didn't make an exact count)

Watched “Fyre Fraud” on Hulu yesterday. It was about the “fake” music festival in the Bahamas in early 2017. Eye opening, hilarious and shows the power that “influencers” have on people in today’s day and age.

Just watched Hereditary.

Felt it was a really good, creepy slow burn. I’m hearing all of the sounds in my house that I never hear right now. Nightmares incumming.

I’ll have to simmer on the ending. I could see them building towards that. Very creepy and interesting. Not sure if it’s what I wanted.

I agree with everyone about Toni. She was tremendous. Gabriel Byrne’s performance was understated and good. The son did fine but was asked to do more than he was probably capable of. Charlie was perfect.

Just watched Hereditary.

Felt it was a really good, creepy slow burn. I’m hearing all of the sounds in my house that I never hear right now. Nightmares incumming.

I’ll have to simmer on the ending. I could see them building towards that. Very creepy and interesting. Not sure if it’s what I wanted.

I agree with everyone about Toni. She was tremendous. Gabriel Byrne’s performance was understated and good. The son did fine but was asked to do more than he was probably capable of. Charlie was perfect.

It was his first feature film but he seems like a flat out better director than those of most other horror films. He's got another film coming out this summer too.

Just watched Hereditary.

The son ruined the movie from being great. If they nailed that casting, could have been a classic.

The son ruined the movie from being great. If they nailed that casting, could have been a classic.

I thought more about the ending. I liked it.

The son really didnt bother me. His job was to be overwhelmed by the situation he was in and he had very few lines. He did fine with that. It wasn’t a big speaking part.

Until I read some posts in here about him, he really didn’t stand out to me one way or the other. Certainly didn’t ruin it.

Last edited:
please don't suck...or acknowledge the last one.

Thank God.

THERE'S A NEW GHOSTBUSTERS MOVIE COMING IN 2020

jddDVZ1.jpg

No word yet on whether or not Slimer will appear in the new Ghostbusters, but it seems like it wouldn't be a Ghostbusters movie without some ectoplasm.
MIKE MARSHLAND/GETTY IMAGES
ANOTHER THURSDAY, ANOTHER installment of The Monitor, WIRED's roundup of the latest in the world of culture. But this Thursday is much busier than most. Why? Well, there's a new Ghostbusters movie in the works from Jason Reitman (son of the original's director), Apple is adding some big names to its initiative to make original content, and Steve Carell is working on a Netflix show about Space Force. Yes, Space Force!

A New Ghostbusters Movie Is Coming
First and foremost, here's a thing we didn't expect to be saying on the internet in 2019: There's a new Ghostbusters movie on the horizon. Yes, it's true. Ivan Reitman, who directed the 1984 original, is producing, and his son, Jason (Juno, Up in the Air), will cowrite and direct. No plot details are available yet, but it will take place in the same universe that the original proton-pack-wielding, ghostbusting foursome saved back in the 1980s. The film, which already has a teaser, is scheduled to hit theaters in summer 2020. Start working on your "Who ya gonna call?" jokes now.

https://www.wired.com/story/new-ghostbusters-movie-2020/

A Star is Born is good. Apparently Bradley Cooper spent 18 months learning to sing, play guitar and play piano to make the movie.

Dragonball Super: Broly

Probably the best film of the franchise. Most of the side story movies are pretty weak. This was a fun watch and the animation was fantastic.

Thank God.

THERE'S A NEW GHOSTBUSTERS MOVIE COMING IN 2020

jddDVZ1.jpg

No word yet on whether or not Slimer will appear in the new Ghostbusters, but it seems like it wouldn't be a Ghostbusters movie without some ectoplasm.
MIKE MARSHLAND/GETTY IMAGES
ANOTHER THURSDAY, ANOTHER installment of The Monitor, WIRED's roundup of the latest in the world of culture. But this Thursday is much busier than most. Why? Well, there's a new Ghostbusters movie in the works from Jason Reitman (son of the original's director), Apple is adding some big names to its initiative to make original content, and Steve Carell is working on a Netflix show about Space Force. Yes, Space Force!

A New Ghostbusters Movie Is Coming
First and foremost, here's a thing we didn't expect to be saying on the internet in 2019: There's a new Ghostbusters movie on the horizon. Yes, it's true. Ivan Reitman, who directed the 1984 original, is producing, and his son, Jason (Juno, Up in the Air), will cowrite and direct. No plot details are available yet, but it will take place in the same universe that the original proton-pack-wielding, ghostbusting foursome saved back in the 1980s. The film, which already has a teaser, is scheduled to hit theaters in summer 2020. Start working on your "Who ya gonna call?" jokes now.

https://www.wired.com/story/new-ghostbusters-movie-2020/

I thought Bill Murray did not want to do another Ghostbusters and with the passing away of Harrold Ramis it was all over. I hope this is not a reboot.

I thought Bill Murray did not want to do another Ghostbusters and with the passing away of Harrold Ramis it was all over. I hope this is not a reboot.
Already confirmed not a reboot. Continuation of the original universe, but using a group of kids.

Stars a girl.

Sounds Stranger Things-esque.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."