• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018-2019 Tank Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If any of this coaching staff is back next season I’ll have to take a break from the cavs for my mental health.

If we somehow miss out on Zion and RJ, is Ja Morant a real possibility? He’s definitely worthy of a top 3 pick, but I feel like itd be giving up on Sexton a year in if they were to take him.

If you think he is going to be elite you take him regardless of Sexton. Tanking is all about the elusive search for superstars, not finding good players to mesh with your existing players that led to you a pick at the top of the draft.

Regarding JA Morant, you take him for the same reason that Dallas is trying to trade Dennis Smith Jr.

You want the best maximizing talent possible. You trade Sexton for a building block.

Looking at the future draft picks we have and I sure hope Koby can wheel and deal because it it looking atrocious for rebuilding any time soon. Many of his current deals are later down the road when hopefully LeBron owns the team. Lots to be done in 3 weeks (by Feb 7th) and Koby will need to become a magician which I am not sure at this point if he even can do a simple card trick.

This rebuild will take years and then it will depend how much luck you get. The rebuild could take 20 years in the end.

On the tank, tanker war 1 coming up this Monday. The first team to 100, loses.

Looking at the future draft picks we have and I sure hope Koby can wheel and deal because it it looking atrocious for rebuilding any time soon. Many of his current deals are later down the road when hopefully LeBron owns the team. Lots to be done in 3 weeks (by Feb 7th) and Koby will need to become a magician which I am not sure at this point if he even can do a simple card trick.

I wouldn't want LBJ to own the team. GOATs owning teams doesn't always end well. Ask Charlotte how Michael Jordan is as a owner. Wayne Gretzky also destroyed the Coyotes in the NHL as a part owner. I'm not crazy about former players owning teams. Look at Jeter in Miami destroying that poor poor franchise even worse then before he took over. If Dan sells hopefully its to a sensible business man who will just sit back and let his Basketball ops people run everything.

I wouldn't want LBJ to own the team. GOATs owning teams doesn't always end well. Ask Charlotte how Michael Jordan is as a owner. Wayne Gretzky also destroyed the Coyotes in the NHL as a part owner. I'm not crazy about former players owning teams. Look at Jeter in Miami destroying that poor poor franchise even worse then before he took over. If Dan sells hopefully its to a sensible business man who will just sit back and let his Basketball ops people run everything.
I understand what you’re saying but GOATS owning teams is a small sample size. However, I can point out that many, many more business partners that have ruined franchises.

If you think he is going to be elite you take him regardless of Sexton. Tanking is all about the elusive search for superstars, not finding good players to mesh with your existing players that led to you a pick at the top of the draft.

Can anyone envision a modern PG being a superstar without the potential to be a + 3PT shooter?

I personally like JA but I just don't think he's they type of player you positionally overdraft the following year for.

PG's can be had every year, so unless it is someone with Steph / CP3 potential, best PG in the league, you trade the pick. That or you just pass on him for NBPA.

Regarding JA Morant, you take him for the same reason that Dallas is trying to trade Dennis Smith Jr.

You want the best maximizing talent possible. You trade Sexton for a building block.

I think this just isn't an apt comparison. Ja is not Luka, not by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree, that if someone in this draft was a possible transcendent lead player, you wouldn't think twice about taking him.

Thinking Ja is that is pretty silly to me.....I like him as a prospect but if the Cavs want to move off of Sexton, they're far better off taking the next best player or just trading the selection. Feature Sexton with new coaching and hopefully more talent and then make a decision. I am more lukewarm on Sexton but it would be pretty strange to give up on a player after one year, who everyone thought was in need of development. That's what bad organizations do.

I don't see a ton of difference between players 3-14 in this draft. Zion is 1, Barrett is 2.......JA is gaining steam as 3 but I think you could make a case for any of the other players behind him, depending on team need or future projection.

We are tanking so hard. We showed up against the Lakers as a love tap to Lebron.

We are tanking so hard. We showed up against the Lakers as a love tap to Lebron.

Even that performance was lucky because it relied on the Lakers missing 11 free throws and going 7/34 from three. Granted they do plenty of missing most night but that one was surprising.

If we’re going to draft another point guard I would do it with a second pick in the first round and draft a Zion/Wing player with the first selection. Draft Ponds/Howard or Garland if he falls somehow.

Last edited:
Fuck it, trade for Dion. He’s already bitching about not starting like 7 games in to his season, the Heat have a ton of guards. We gotta get my son back on the Cavs

Really gotta hope we can end up with second or third worst record. This new lottery odds game could really fuck us

No, you still want to be the worst team in the league record-wise.

The top 3 teams have the same odds for the top four picks. The worst team is guaranteed top 5, 2nd worst top 6, and so on.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."