• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Goodbye Larry Nance Jr.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
This guy needs to be humbled a bit. He needs to focus on being a high-motor energy big who can hit the occasional three instead of trying to be Blake Griffin light. I don't know why teams don't try to pressure him more when he tries to be a point forward and bring the ball up, it's a really good opportunity for an easy steal.
Screw jr. just said something that players are just pawns. Screw that. They have nothing at risk. They play they make money They don’t play it costs them nothing. Gilbert just put out 15 million today for a pick. And nance and other players think they are pawns. Go work construction somewhere dickball

This guy needs to be humbled a bit. He needs to focus on being a high-motor energy big who can hit the occasional three instead of trying to be Blake Griffin light. I don't know why teams don't try to pressure him more when he tries to be a point forward and bring the ball up, it's a really good opportunity for an easy steal.

It bothers me that he uses up 10 sec on the shot clock. Like if he was hustling up the court with that ball I might be ok with it, instead everyone is up the court but him, he lazily dribbles up with no one around and he holds it too long surveying the floor to see what to do. He doesn't actually initiate the action. Starting to drive me nuts

Havent been watching. This guy suck?

I don't think he is full engage with energy since the team has moved away from letting him be a facilitator from the high post. They went overboard with it for a stretch of games and didn't reign him in at all.

Also it doesn't seem like they are pushing him to develop his 3 pt shot. He shouldn't be a center. He has to work on being a PF with a 3 pt shot. Not sure if his body is wearing down playing center but I don't think it can be his long term position.

He probably would be more effective at facilitating from the high post if he had a more rounded game to give teams more looks. I think teams just play the pass because he doesn't have a consistent shot from that spot and he really isn't a good post player so he can't back someone down.

The facilitating has been getting in the way of thing he could do well. Like getting dunks in transition if he gave the ball up and ran the floor, or just cutting to the basket without the ball.

Last edited:
Screw jr. just said something that players are just pawns. Screw that. They have nothing at risk. They play they make money They don’t play it costs them nothing. Gilbert just put out 15 million today for a pick. And nance and other players think they are pawns. Go work construction somewhere dickball

I sometimes wonder what they think the rest of us do for a living....

Nance is another one we'll be second guessing about into the future. He talks more than delivers. He got paid, he's back home, got married, he's a savvy guy, life is good. He'll never be half the player his dad was.

I don't like his attitude and his buddy ball.

Meh. Thought he was better than that.

One of the reasons I wanted Clarkson gone was so Nance would have no choice but to play more team ball and fit into the team better. I think Nance and Clarkson are a clique on their own. JR seem to gravitate towards Clarkson when he was here and Burks seem to also play buddy ball with them.

I kind of wish we waited to pay him. He probably would be more focus on developing valuable parts of his game right now.

You'd think the kid would understand he's a very average player and should just keep his mouth shut and try to get better at basketball. I used to like him, now... screw him.

Mr. Stat Padding who can't even score efficiently a lot of the time.

He was 2/11 on 2pt shots tonight Ew

Cannot stand him anymore, thinks he is way better than he is. Probably thinks he had a good game today. Stop dribbling the ball so much and taking bad shots, start playing defense.

I prefer his dad and gets no pass from me. Just because you're a legacy it doesn't mean you're good you could be a closet case like Fred.

Sorry couldn't resist the Animal House reference.

Cannot stand him anymore, thinks he is way better than he is. Probably thinks he had a good game today. Stop dribbling the ball so much and taking bad shots, start playing defense.

Blame terrible coaching, what kind of self respecting coaching staff let’s him get away with this crap

I prefer his dad and gets no pass from me. Just because you're a legacy it doesn't mean you're good you could be a closet case like Fred.

Sorry couldn't resist the Animal House reference.
He is not half the player his dad was

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."