• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Baker Mayfield: Fire The Cannons

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Concrete Charley Bednarik would like a word with you ...

you guys can keep fetishizing the 1940s as if it was some tough guy football that no one of this era could ever come close to comprehending. The truth is it was not the lifestyle it is today where guys are bred from day 1 and trained their whole lives to be football players. I stand by that pretty much anyone from today’s game would manhandle the vast majority of the stars of yesteryear

I also don’t get your weird infatuation with the city of Philadelphia

You can respect the guys that paved the way while still acknowledging they’d get their fucking bells rung by the bigger, stronger, faster, and better athletes of today

you guys can keep fetishizing the 1940s as if it was some tough guy football that no one of this era could ever come close to comprehending. The truth is it was not the lifestyle it is today where guys are bred from day 1 and trained their whole lives to be football players. I stand by that pretty much anyone from today’s game would manhandle the vast majority of the stars of yesteryear

You can respect the guys that paved the way while still acknowledging they’d get their fucking bells rung by the bigger, stronger, faster, and better athletes of today

Of course they'd get their bells rung by the athletes of today. They're either over 85 years old or dead.

Chuck Bednarik was 35 years old when he played center AND linebacker most of the 1960 season and in the 1960 Championship game (the only playoff game Vince Lombardi ever lost).

Get back to me when Tom Brady plays defense.

I feel like this could be rely easily figured out by posting the size/speeds of players and the progression over the years

Yeah and the guys of yesteryear would be better too if they had what’s available today.

Guys of this generation like Tom wouldn’t be playing football back then because preppy snowflake Tom would have to get another job.

This argument is stupid because you guys can’t decide on a consistent set of standards to judge these players on.

Video is better. As Chuck said, if you're going to do something big, you do it in New York:

So to recap this play: Everyone is moving as slow as molasses, but despite that, you've got #29 being a pussy, running away from the 2 closest defenders instead of blocking them. Then you've got Bednarik behind the play taking a shitty angle, almost missing the guy entirely, but recovering awkwardly to arm tackle the white running back who is 30 lbs. lighter than Tom Brady.

That's doin' it big.

I
This argument is stupid because you guys can’t decide on a consistent set of standards to judge these players on.
Its more like "these guys are much bigger faster and stronger and it isn't even a question"
Vs

"ya but if these guys were bigger and faster and stronger they would so beat em up "

Marvin Lewis ranks 29th in coaching wins (131). That's the most by any coach who never won a playoff game. Outstanding.

Marvin Lewis ranks 29th in coaching wins (131). That's the most by any coach who never won a playoff game. Outstanding.

Probably never be broken either because it's basically impossible to keep a coaching job that long without any real success.

Probably never be broken either because it's basically impossible to keep a coaching job that long without any real success.

I wonder if anyone will join the Schottenheimer club -- over 200 wins but no championships.

Marty did go 14-2 his last season. Sad to see the feature on him recently -- he has Alzheimer's, a very cruel and heartbreaking disease. He can't remember his coaching career at all.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."