• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Nik Stauskas & Sauce Across The World Tour

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
It's not the actual salary but the salary cap hit. Even though he plays for us for a partial season when we traded for him we are on the hook for his whole salary in terms of luxury tax and cap. Depending on his contract payout structure we might actually pay him more real money to play with us now vs his traded contract.

We were real close to hitting the luxury tax line. I still haven't found a solid source for the number Real GM said 500k before we just did this signing and Bobby Marks said 1 million. Hopefully Windy or someone more reliable than those two will point it out at some point.

Either this is just worded incorrectly or you’re simply wrong in general.

There’s no way you are on the hook for every player you trade for AND still trade away. There’s just no way. So since we acquired Baldwin for like a day, we’re on the hook in terms of luxury tax/cap with his salary? And every other player we acquired then traded —- like Burks for example.

Something can’t be right about this. One of you cap gurus provide more clarity please

There’s no way you are on the hook for every player you trade for AND still trade away. There’s just no way. So since we acquired Baldwin for like a day, we’re on the hook in terms of luxury tax/cap with his salary? And every other player we acquired then traded —- like Burks for example.

Something can’t be right about this. One of you cap gurus provide more clarity please

Team is liable for the players it currently has under their existing contract. There are also amounts for players that are cut / waived / bought out / signed to ten-day contracts.

For Stauskas we'll be docked for his new contract with us only. Indiana is on the hook for his old contract because they waived him.

I must be wording it wrong, I think I fixed it. We would be on the hook in terms of cap for his full year salary for Stauskas if we kept him after trading for him. It doesn't matter what he was owed. By signing him now we just pay him a partial year contract, which is prorated from minimum and that's what we are on the hook for in terms of cap.

Contract pay out is something I shouldn't have added to that, it just complicates it. Every NBA contract can have a different payout structure and some players get paid more in the beginning of the season then the end. Depending on the previous structure of his contract he might not have had 500k left owed to him.

His shot looks really bad. I'm as surprised to see it go in as I am with Burks. No idea how this kid was accurate in college. Looks like he just flings it up there and prays

His shot looks really bad. I'm as surprised to see it go in as I am with Burks. No idea how this kid was accurate in college. Looks like he just flings it up there and prays

Statistically speaking he's actually never been a good 3 point shooter in the league. Last night was just another example of how his shot is drastically overrated.

I think we're all looking at this the wrong way, though.

He was clearly signed for the tank and he started off fantastic in that regard. 20 minutes, 1-9 from the field and 1-7 from 3PT, 2 TO's... a staggering (and team leading by a lot) -16 +/-..... He tried everything he could to get us that loss last night, unfortunately some of our other clowns did just enough to get a win.

I think we're all looking at this the wrong way, though.

He was clearly signed for the tank and he started off fantastic in that regard. 20 minutes, 1-9 from the field and 1-7 from 3PT, 2 TO's... a staggering (and team leading by a lot) -16 +/-..... He tried everything he could to get us that loss last night, unfortunately some of our other clowns did just enough to get a win.
I think those clowns didn't want to have the Bricks break that 17 game loss.:alc:

This guy is the new Tank God. Our savior !!

I just can't believe he had a reputation as a shooter. He is usually off by a lot.

Here half looks like he will do something good and then blows it every time. Pretty impressive

Good project for whoever the shooting coach is:

"Fix this shit or you're fired!"

The Sixers were desperate for 3pt shooting so they picked this guy up a couple years ago. They got rid of him early last season even though Simmons was finally playing and it was obvious Ben couldn't shoot outside 10 feet.

He stinks. Really stinks. A nice kid from Toronto who has no business playing in the NBA.

The Sixers were desperate for 3pt shooting so they picked this guy up a couple years ago. They got rid of him early last season even though Simmons was finally playing and it was obvious Ben couldn't shoot outside 10 feet.

He stinks. Really stinks. A nice kid from Toronto who has no business playing in the NBA.

Well they signed JJ Reddick and he took all of Stauskaus minutes. He hit 1.7 3s per game at almost 37 percent his only full season in Philly.

I'm not saying he is good but he was a competent 3 point shooter for them in his 1 full season. He's just inefficient every where else which led to them dumping him on the nets. He's gonna be with us the rest of the season then sign somewhere else to be at the end of the bench in the off-season. His 3 point shooting will keep getting him looks.

He’s the kid you took 2nd in pick up for your shooter when you didnt know anyone because he was white, had good gear and he hit a bunch of shots warming up. Then all the regulars started looking around at each other, your first pick started shaking his head and you knew you done fucked up.

Don't overlook his impact guys...

SECOND STRAIGHT GAME he's led the team in +/-! On the - side of course.

This guy gets it. He's a true tank driver. One of you photoshop masters please photoshop him driving a tank. He's earned it!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."