• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

ALLIANCE OF AMERICAN FOOTBALL "If people don't support this thing. It might not make it"

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Triple-S

Watch the IndyCar Series on NBC
Reaction score
Anyone else watching?

Interesting product.

one of the teams (Orlando or Atlanta) has a kicker named Younghoe Koo. Which cracked me up to no end, since he was born in Korea and I would assume his name should be spelled Jung-ho Ku. He's been going by the 'American' spelling apparently since he came over at age 6. And I thought the folks at Ellis Island were dicks for slaughtering my family's sir name 100 years ago... wowzers.

Anyways the Browns could have their next kicker be Younghoe, so we have something to watch these AAF games for.

I watched the second half of the San Antonio vs San Diego game. It wasn't bad. Defenses are alot better than the offenses.

I got the Orlando/Atlanta game locally and they repeatedly stressed how the ultimate goal is to be complimentary to the NFL.

They seemed to be positioning themselves as a straight up feeder league with the ultimate goal being an official partnership with the NFL.

There were several things about the broadcast I enjoyed.

:30 TV timeouts are tremendous. Both games ended in about 2 hours and 35 minutes. The 35 second playclock led to some snappier drives as well.

I certainly didn’t miss kickoffs or extra points.

The quality of football isn’t outrageously good, but it’s good enough to justify a 2:30 time commitment, especially when college football games sometimes take 4 friggin hours.

I got the Orlando/Atlanta game locally and they repeatedly stressed how the ultimate goal is to be complimentary to the NFL.

They seemed to be positioning themselves as a straight up feeder league with the ultimate goal being an official partnership with the NFL.

There were several things about the broadcast I enjoyed.

:30 TV timeouts are tremendous. Both games ended in about 2 hours and 35 minutes. The 35 second playclock led to some snappier drives as well.

I certainly didn’t miss kickoffs or extra points.

The quality of football isn’t outrageously good, but it’s good enough to justify a 2:30 time commitment, especially when college football games sometimes take 4 friggin hours.

You could see immediately the quality was better than the early games of the XFL (which caused a lot of people to shut off the XFL immediately... even as the quality of that league improved by the end). It also helps that they're projecting a football image rather than a kitchy entertainment image (XFL)

TRENT RICHARDSON SIGHTING ON THE BIRMINGHAM IRON!

I had absolutely no idea this was in the works at any point; literally none — until it actually started and I saw mention of it on another forum forum there was a game thread.

The fuck.

Feels a bit off having the product on Sundays.

I think Saturday would be the better time to schedule it IMO.

Saw a thing that the AAF approached Tebow and Kaepernick about playing in tge league.......

Tebow declined so he can focus on baseball......while Kaep wants 20M or more.

Tebow has at least come to terms that he sucks as a QB. Kaep doesn't even have the self-awareness that he should take any opportunity to show if he has taken his time off, in improving his QB play.

Yeah that’s always been Kapernicks deal and why he isn’t playing in the NFL

Because he wants unreasonable money. If he would sign for backup money he’d be a backup somewhere. But that’s never been what he actually wanted

Saw a thing that the AAF approached Tebow and Kaepernick about playing in tge league.......

Tebow declined so he can focus on baseball......while Kaep wants 20M or more.

Tebow has at least come to terms that he sucks as a QB. Kaep doesn't even have the self-awareness that he should take any opportunity to show if he has taken his time off, in improving his QB play.

One thing about AAF is all the players get paid 75k then get incentives by how well the team and their side of the ball plays.

I have to figure Kaep got payed a huge settlement from the NFL to not disclose it. 75k was never going to be worth it for him and asking for 20 million probably was just a nice way of saying no.

The AAF isn't really designed for guys that got paid in the NFL. It more about the hungry players who want to make it back to that level. The middle level between college and NFL. Like Denard Robinson and Jalen Marshall are perfect for this league.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."