• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Draft Prospects Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Foot injury equals big risk imo, would definitely drop him out of the 1st if I was GM.

The big thing is the timeline. I think his people saying he'll be ready for training camp is incredibly, incredibly aggressive. It's one of the injuries that typically takes more time than an ACL.

Academy of orthopedic surgeons did a study last year on injury types and NFL players took an average of 11.1 months to come back from the LisFranc foot injury (if it was surgical). Only 3 of 28 players returned in the timetable stated on that tweet (3-4 months).

Knowing he could possibly miss a year, I'd imagine he'll fall out of the 1st round.

In 2013, one of the NFL doctors described the timeline as:

"You usually have to stay completely off the foot 6 to 8 weeks after surgery. Then they're in a boot for six weeks. Then they can begin the rehabilitation process, which can take about three months after that."

So yeah, seems really unlikely he's a full participant in anything this summer. Maybe you get him back for the season if he is a quick healer but it's a tough call to rush a speed guy back with an injury like this.

Last edited:
LisFranc is a serious surgery for an athlete.
Errict Rhett had his career end due to the surgery, others like John Greco were never the same afterwards. I thought Brown was a little overrated going into the draft, now he is securely a late third rounder or later.

LisFranc in football is the equivalent to an achilles in basketball. Wouldn't touch him

Agreed, he will be off allot of draft boards now, including mine. Foot injury especially to the bones is bad, bad, bad.

Not to mention the questions about size already, a fast guy with a knee and below injury is just a monster red flag.

I also don't agree with Schefter that he was ever going to be a top 15 pick. He's a body catcher who ran some really basic routes in college. Purely a speed guy, with a serious foot injury?

I'd take him, maybe, in the 4th round. We've all seen what groin injuries did to a better receiver like Ross in Cincinnati. Brown is half the WR that Ross is and he is suffering from a worse injury. Hard, hard pass on him now.

Errict Rhett had his career end due to the surgery, others like John Greco were never the same afterwards. I thought Brown was a little overrated going into the draft, now he is securely a late third rounder or later.

cmHcPOh.gif

I had never heard of Linsfranc surgery before the Browns signed Recht. I thought it was no big deal. Then he got cut after a few games, totally not the back he used to be.

For a more recent example, people complain Ogbah is too slow to play the edge. He seemed fine before Linsfranc to me. Maybe this is as good as it gets for Ogbah now.

LisFranc in football is the equivalent to an achilles in basketball. Wouldn't touch him

Not necessarily.

Is it a concern? Yes.....is it as debilitating as an achilles in basketball? No.

Per SI:

Still, the majority of Lisfranc comebacks are successful. According to researchers at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, nearly 93% of NFL players who sustained midfoot injuries from 2000–10 returned to play within 15 months of injury and with no statistically significant decrease in performance. In the Foot and Ankle Committee's study, of the 25 of Anderson's players who returned to NFL games post surgery, three went on to be Pro Bowlers, and the list of players who have come back from such injuries is a who's who of NFL rosters: Dwight Freeney, Darren McFadden, Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Clady, Le'Veon Bell, Michael Strahan, Eric Decker, Ryan Kalil.

At this point, it's a relatively common injury across college and the NFL. It's certainly still a concern but the success rate of returning is high and there are instances of skill players playing at an elite or high level post surgery. You just have to allow the player to heal and not rush him back.

I wouldn't take him in the 1st but in the 2nd? Sure.

For the people who follow college football/draft:

If Metcalf drops to the Browns' selection, do you take him?

He's just a name to me, but I get excited at the prospect of a big 3 including Mayfield, Chubb, and receiver X. Rub it in the Steelers face

I'm obviously not the biggest draft guy on here but DK Metcalf is someone I'm avoiding, I'd much rather draft AJ Brown.

He's just a name to me, but I get excited at the prospect of a big 3 including Mayfield, Chubb, and receiver X. Rub it in the Steelers face
There isn't a receiver in this draft that should be touched at #17. None.

There are no top receivers. Rather, there's value to be had in that 2nd-4th round area.

DK Metcalf is being projected by some as a top 15 pick because of his size and athleticism. Sure, he looks good in a tank top. As far as actually being a receiver is concerned, he hasn't had the level of production that warrants that selection.

Absolutely not.

He’d be fine here, and he’s a world class athlete. But he’s not a natural receiver, and this team can develop talent at WR because of how their offense is built.

There are far greater fits from a talent/need perspective.

Honestly; I dont understand why people have Metcalf over Harmon, other than JO material.

Metcalf looks like Zeus but Harmon is where the thunder is at

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."