• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Spring Training

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If I was a betting man right now, based on some stuff I’ve heard and what’s coming league wide, I’d put money on him signing an extension.

Been trending that way from a few people I know for a couple months now.

Long way to go and a few things that need to play out right, but not as bleak as what was being said in the fall.

Well usually your sources are solid, so this is a good thing to hear! Though I am not sure how this roster will look in 2021 and beyond yet.

If I was a betting man right now, based on some stuff I’ve heard and what’s coming league wide, I’d put money on him signing an extension.

Long way to go and a few things that need to play out right, but not as bleak as what was being said in the fall.

I believe your source and I have no sources when it comes to the Indians, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

He's pushed through the difficult pre-arbitration years and the Indians will have a difficult time competing on an open market. Maybe the current market has made he and his agent reconsider and maybe the Indians' throw him a godfather offer. We will see.

Based on my sources I’d bet against it.

Based on my sources I’d bet against it.

If it was anyone else outside of Bimbo who said that, I would agree with you, but he is usually the one who has the right info. Doesn't mean it will actually happen, but it sounds like if the numbers aren't too far apart then they will get a deal done.

I believe your source and I have no sources when it comes to the Indians, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

He's pushed through the difficult pre-arbitration years and the Indians will have a difficult time competing on an open market. Maybe the current market has made he and his agent reconsider and maybe the Indians' throw him a godfather offer. We will see.
Dear God, I hope you guys are right.

If it was anyone else outside of Bimbo who said that, I would agree with you, but he is usually the one who has the right info. Doesn't mean it will actually happen, but it sounds like if the numbers aren't too far apart then they will get a deal done.

He gone.

Dear God, I hope you guys are right.

Bimbo is usually really good with his sources, so when he posts something that his sources say this or this, then you have to take them with more accuracy than anyone else's on here.

Stop being a pessimist :box2: Also if i remember correctly a new bargaining agreement is coming up in 2021 or 22 so by then a lot of things currently could be changing.

Last edited:

Same, still skeptical even if chatter inside the organization is trending positively. Don’t want people to treat that like I’m saying it’s happening, just that right now the Indians organization believe they have some solid footing to make a deal.

A couple big unknowns with the impending CBA issues right before he hits free agency and a potential new TV deal hitting a year after he would start his extension, though there is even some conflict from some of my people on the validity of that.

Still a long way away, but again, 1 foot isn’t out the door already like people are believing.

Same, still skeptical even if chatter inside the organization is trending positively. Don’t want people to treat that like I’m saying it’s happening, just that right now the Indians organization believe they have some solid footing to make a deal.

A couple big unknowns with the impending CBA issues right before he hits free agency and a potential new TV deal hitting a year after he would start his extension, though there is even some conflict from some of my people on the validity of that.

Still a long way away, but again, 1 foot isn’t out the door already like people are believing.

I almost personally feel if the two sides are within 5 mil per season of each other when talks start in a sense, I think a deal will be made, but if its like 10 or more then I don't think it will be done. Sounds like Lindor likes it in Cleveland, but he also knows his worth and if someone else is going to pay him substantially more then he will move on from Cleveland, but if it is a million or so in difference, he will stay in Cleveland. Thats my two cents on this issue, but most people don't care about it.

Anyone else getting an MLB.tv subscription? I am excited to see the first spring training game this off season!

Though is it just me or is there just like a lot less content on the Cleveland Indians website this offseason?
I cancelled it this year after getting it the last 3 I’ve been away from Ohio

When prompted for a reason I checked other and wrote in “Indians window slammed shut”

We’ll see

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."