• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Indians 2018-2019 Offseason Outlook

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Sounds like he’s progressing well. Throwing 75 feet, batting cages. Said he will be ready for Spring Training, but not sure the Indians will push it.

How do you throw 75 feet in a batting cage? those things aren't that long.

How do you throw 75 feet in a batting cage? those things aren't that long.
Yeah, I worded that terribly. I meant he’s throwing, and he’s hitting in the cages. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, I worded that terribly. I meant he’s throwing, and he’s hitting in the cages. Sorry for the confusion.

I was just joking around with your dangling participle, I knew what you meant.

Anyone know if Salazar is alive? Maybe a bullpen or spot starter option.

I dont mind giving our young OF a chance to produce, but we need some vets when one of those guys go down.

Anyone know if Salazar is alive? Maybe a bullpen or spot starter option.

I dont mind giving our young OF a chance to produce, but we need some vets when one of those guys go down.

Salazar has had a setback in his recovery, but it seems like he should be available around the All-Star break. More than likely he will be out of the bullpen at first when/if he makes his return this season. I don't expect him to start anytime this season to be honest. If he does spot start it won't be until Sept time frame when they expand the roster and try to get guys some rest.

Right now it looks like it will be the young guys opening up cap with Joyce and Barnes trying to take a spot away from them. I expect a move in the season when/if none of these are are producing. Essentially a move like we did for Crisp/Jay Bruce will happen during the season to help these guys out if production isnt there.

They're not sexy names, but the Indians are clearly much more prepared this Spring Training when it comes to bringing in bullpen competition.

Clippard is OK, gives up a decent amount of HRs though

Salazar has had a setback in his recovery, but it seems like he should be available around the All-Star break. More than likely he will be out of the bullpen at first when/if he makes his return this season. I don't expect him to start anytime this season to be honest. If he does spot start it won't be until Sept time frame when they expand the roster and try to get guys some rest.

Right now it looks like it will be the young guys opening up cap with Joyce and Barnes trying to take a spot away from them. I expect a move in the season when/if none of these are are producing. Essentially a move like we did for Crisp/Jay Bruce will happen during the season to help these guys out if production isnt there.

I don't speak Spanish, but I believe Salazar loosely translates to "Setback"

Clippard still misses a ton of bats, and his walk rate isn't god awful. Good pick up.

Clippard still misses a ton of bats, and his walk rate isn't god awful. Good pick up.
played for the Yankees and Astros last year with 60 innings pitched.

Not going to pretend I know a ton about him, but he was a decent part of their bullpens and both made playoffs. Solid middle of the bullpen guy from what I can tell.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."