• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Browns Off Season/Roster Discussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
RB and WR are so low on the list of needs right now. Sure Higgins could back out negotiations but we have no reason to think that.

RB and WR are so low on the list of needs right now. Sure Higgins could back out negotiations but we have no reason to think that.

Yeah it's just more a paranoia of depth. Don't view him as a starter for us. We have those.

I can remember two distinct low points with this team lacking in talent.

Those years when we had no one to pass block for Tim Couch/Kelly Holcomb

Those years when our wide receivers were complete trash. Where you had Grossi all but publicly pleading with the front office to get someone better than Greg fucking Little on the field.

Best thing he ever did, and I don't mean that as an insult.

That trade going through would have fucked us on so many levels.

Kamara is better, Gurley is right there, and honestly, Hunt is also almost as good.

The issue is Hunt is way to good of a pass catcher to keep Duke. To me I wait for the suspension and see how long it is, but I would not keep Duke if its 6 games or less.

Edit: McCaffrey and Bell are better receivers than Duke also, especially Christian.

Those guys can do more once the ball's in his hands, sure. They don't run routes and catch the ball the way Duke does. The guy really is more slot receiver than running back. Just like DJ in Arizona, he can legitimately be utilized lined up as a receiver.

I probably only move Duke because of his salary after this season.

If for nothing else, tanking that trade earns him that “Sashi died for our sins” mantra, even if people argue he botched picks.
Real question.....Did Hue know he would eventually be axed by the disdain displayed by Players and other Coaches? We he trying to pad Cincy's Warchest to pave the way for his inevitable return?

Before people start waxing poetic on Tsunami Brown and his influence, I'd like to point out his resume isn't good enough for John Dorsey to wipe his ass with after a Chipotle binge.

Not so sure I understand the willingness to just let Duke go..

Unless the Browns know something about Hunt, that's an awfully risky trade... However at the Combine, Kitchens echoed similar statements by Dorsey that Hunt was still working to even an opportunity to compete for a job... To me, this sounds like they're counting on him for a job..

I understand the economics of it: Duke will make twice what Hunt & Chubb will combined for next two years..

I'm just not sure the need to jettison a guy who's been productive, consistent and one of our better playmakers with the ball in his hands..

If they can get something of value, sure, but I'd be surprised if they get anything more than a 4th or 5th...

Unless the Browns know something about Hunt, that's an awfully risky trade... However at the Combine, Kitchens echoed similar statements by Dorsey that Hunt was still working to even an opportunity to compete for a job... To me, this sounds like they're counting on him for a job..

I understand the economics of it: Duke will make twice what Hunt & Chubb will combined for next two years..

I'm just not sure the need to jettison a guy who's been productive, consistent and one of our better playmakers with the ball in his hands..

If they can get something of value, sure, but I'd be surprised if they get anything more than a 4th or 5th...
I'm not moving them if we only get a day three pick.

That talking point has been thrown around for about two years now. Duke is a consistent playmaker, but hasn't been put in a position to use those skills.

His touches went from 156 to 87 between '17 & '18.
He's a great weapon, but now that they have more mouths to feed on offense; his touches will only go down and he becomes an expensive luxury at the most replaceable position in football(Yes, his skillset is unique and valuable, but not to a team that won't be using him)

They can turn Duke(and Ogbah) into assets that will help address other weaknesses on the team. It's better to move a RB that's replaceable for assets because those assets are ammunition for finding your next starting Safety or LB

Last edited:
Before people start waxing poetic on Tsunami Brown and his influence, I'd like to point out his resume isn't good enough for John Dorsey to wipe his ass with after a Chipotle binge.

Dorsey never would have had the patience, foresight, or the balls for half of the asset gathering Sashi Brown did.

Sashi Brown never would have put the team together that Dorsey did using the war chest he created.

Both contributed and both are vital to where we are today. Sashi is the guy that ended the cycle of 4-12. He also begged Jimmy not to hire Hue. Sashi was a good egg.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."