• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Lowkey Lebron is happy as fuck to get a rest this postseason .

Lowkey.

More time to work on his acting:chuckle:

9e3231b8_nelson-haha.jpeg

@ LeBron...

Ingram with a blood clot in his shoulder. Basically he is one more blood clot away from having his career end like Bosh. His value as an asset is now way lower.

Bird, Magic and MJ played with the teams that drafted them except for MJ late when he didnt win shit.

Parrish came with the swap of #1 & #3 pics - GSW took Joe Barry Carroll, Celtics took McHale.

Jabbar forced a trade. Shaq moved.

LeBron and Bosh joining Wade for less money was unprecedented. That was a player-driven transaction. He absolutely started it, so he's the last person who can complain about KD.

Curry not wanting to go to Minn makes that a super team move is ridiculous. Klay and Green weren't existing stars on that team. Minn under Kahn was a shitshow.

Other than that, your post was accurate.
Durant was the worst, most cowardly "super team" move of all time and everyone gets to complain about it, including Lebron and all of us. What is there to say about joining the already existing Finals superteam that just beat your team and is by consensus already one of the top teams of all time? Totally and completely different from going to join your friend on a second rank team. The year before Lebron went there the Heat barely made the playoffs and got thrashed in the first round.

Curry's move wasn't a "super team move" by itself - indeed, GSW at the time was also to some degree a shitshow, albeit one that upset the 67-win Mavs a couple years before- but it affected everything thereafter. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the "arguably worse" qualifier, but the draft should be a good way for a "shitshow" team to become a "non-shitshow." I guess I'm just a fan of, you know, playing for the team that wants to draft you, and making your FA decision at the appropriate time - same goes for Kobe/Charlotte, if we are to believe some versions of the story.

I don't see how Jabbar forcing a trade and Shaq's FA move disprove my "non-homegrown superteams" point. Magic did end up joining a team that was already basically a "finished product," being the Lakers got the #1 pick in a trade, and he's been quoted that he would've stayed in school in a different situation.

Maybe LeBron can retire and come play for the Browns as a TE. The media would lose their minds.

Dan and Koby: Can Cavs construct a package?

What Could the Lakers Get for LeBron? Not as Much as You Think

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825420-what-could-the-lakers-get-for-lebron-not-as-much-as-you-think

If the Lakers start having talks about moving Lebron, Rich Paul will most likely tank his value and LeBron will get to go to his preferred destination.

If Koby and Dan want him back, its probably more of a package to clear cap for the Lakers on going dream of trying to sign multiple stars. JRs contract helps that. If we can find teams that will take Clarkson and Henson in for cap space, I don't think we would have to add in much in terms of assets back to the Lakers.

Also for the Buss family, how far into the luxury tax are they willing to go if they kept LeBron. From what I can tell the Lakers are how they make their money. They aren't getting a ton of revenue from other places like Gilbert. Could they afford an extra 200-300 million in salary and luxury tax over the next 3-4 years?

Was the writing not on the wall when the Lakers brought the circus to town? Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, Beasley. It’s a desperate joke of a move and would NEVER have happened in CLE. I really hope LeBron is smart enough to see that Lakers mgmt/ownership top to bottom is a total joke and did no diligence whatsoever when acquiring LeBron. Gilbert was a douche, but still understood what it took to win with LeBron (prob could/should have won even more).

Was the writing not on the wall when the Lakers brought the circus to town? Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, Beasley. It’s a desperate joke of a move and would NEVER have happened in CLE. I really hope LeBron is smart enough to see that Lakers mgmt/ownership top to bottom is a total joke and did no diligence whatsoever when acquiring LeBron. Gilbert was a douche, but still understood what it took to win with LeBron (prob could/should have won even more).
People need to pump the brakes on this. Yes, LeBron has an ill-fitting roster around him in LA, but the pieces/approach were discussed and agreed upon between Magic and LeBron.

Both guys knew that LA wasn't doing shit this year, so they loaded up the roster with playmakers on vet minimum contracts so they could a) relieve LeBron of playmaking duties in a down year b) have cap space to spend on FAs this coming summer.

Whether or not the plan works is another discussion, but neither Magic nor LeBron were under any delusions that they were contending for a championship with the current roster.

People need to pump the brakes on this. Yes, LeBron has an ill-fitting roster around him in LA, but the pieces/approach were discussed and agreed upon between Magic and LeBron.

Both guys knew that LA wasn't doing shit this year, so they loaded up the roster with playmakers on vet minimum contracts so they could a) relieve LeBron of playmaking duties in a down year b) have cap space to spend on FAs this coming summer.

Whether or not the plan works is another discussion, but neither Magic nor LeBron were under any delusions that they were contending for a championship with the current roster.

Agree with that, but Magic and LeBron didn't expect they would miss the playoffs, have a trade deadline disaster, alienate the other Lakers players and become a national joke at their expense.

The other part of the Magic - LeBron plan was that free agents would flock to the Lakers because Lakers because Los Angeles because LeBron (and maybe because Magic lol). That's not looking like the sure thing it did last July. Magic and LeBron were deluded to some extent about how compelling their case was (and is).

Recall that Magic said they needed to land big free agents last summer or this summer or he's out. That statement is now staring him in the face.

The young bucks of the NBA look at Magic or LeBron and be like --

267u2m.jpg

I think people, and the media, are overreacting to LeBrons first year. Yeah it was a failure, winning the same # of games as they did last year, but everyone said this was basically a throw away year while they wait for free agents. Free agents which might not come now.

I know people on the web are saying Lebron is in obvious decline. And that he’s become N even worse liability on defense. Takes plays off, yada yada.

He’s still sleepwalking to 28-8-8 on superb efficiency at his age and mileage. I really don’t like the guy, but his understanding and mastering of the game is unparalleled. Even if his body doesn’t allow the motor to go a hard 48 anymore.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."