• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 NFL offseason thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Anyone think Rosen is getting moved?

I know he had a rough, as in going dry without a reach-around rough, rookie year but I think he can still rebound.

Scenerios:

1) Giants choose to not draft a QB, send a non-1st to AZ for Rosen.
2) Teams that need a QB that addressed the need with dubious quality, like DEN, JAX, MIA grab him.
3) The Patriots grab him, sit him behind Brady 1-2 years as the heir.
All the smoke has been Cardinals taking Kyler Murray #1, in no small part to Kingsbury loving Murray. If that's true, Cardinals have to move Rosen. It's just a case of how do they maximize the return.

I could see the Giants or Miami for sure. I think Jax is still in win now mode (and I don't blame them...2017 Jags Defense + 2017 postseason Foles is a legit contender, and the AFCS is unpredictable). I actually think it could work for the Bengals or Raiders as well.

EDIT - Apparently Miami is tanking for next year's QB class https://247sports.com/college/alaba...rick-Tua-Tagovailoa-2020-NFL-Draft-130207818/

Last edited:
While I am interested in Kyler, I am so burnt out on incoming QB class discussions which has dominated my football life for 20 years now.

I am just fucking glad I don't have to really care how good the incoming QB class is.

Whats really fucking crazy is my thoughts are like, is tackle X good enough to make Hubbard expendable, or LB Y good enough to start over our current LB's?

I don't have to look at major holes, just areas of improvement. And when we are talking QB, its backup QB we are talking about.

This just doenst seem real.

Gronk is officially retired. One less weapon for the Pats.

Gronk is officially retired. One less weapon for the Pats.

Finished with .69 touchdowns per game.

6zeve8L.gif

Gronk, along with Brady of course, is the only irreplaceable piece to their offense. You don't find a guy who can do the things he did on the field...and he was not made by Brady like some of the others in that offense.

This opens things up for the rest of the AFC.

He picked the RIGHT time to retire for the Browns. Who knew Gronk was always a Browns fan.

Finished with .69 touchdowns per game.

6zeve8L.gif

He had 12 TDs in 16 post season games too.

If we're going to have to go through NE, its nice to do it without playing against Gronk. Who in my opinion is the greatest tight end ever. And hardest match up on the field. Just a total game changer.

Even a declining Gronk still makes a big difference given his size and ball skills.

All the talk about Brady being clutch and great. Gronk has been a monster in the post season. And has come up with big catches and plays in critical moments for them. Did in twice this post season run.

I think this sets the Patriots back drastically with an aging 42 year old QB that's not getting better by the day.

Too bad they don't have a 2nd talented tight end like oh I don't Aaron Hernandez to fall back on.

Has the 4th and 15 replacing onside kicks rule been discussed in here? I can't believe this could even possibly happen. It would be such a gimmick. I am curious how others feel about it.

Supposedly, 4th and 15 has been converted 23% of the time since 2000. If I am losing, I'd go for it every single time. It just seems ridiculous to me. Why punish the team that is winning the game by giving the opponent such a high percentage chance at getting the ball back again?

Can you imagine losing a game like this....

Up 13 with 4 minutes left. Dominated the entire game. Give up a late TD. Normally, it would not matter much because you'd recover the onside kick and the game is over/very likely over. Instead, the opponent goes for 4th and 15 and converts because of a bogus pass interference or hands to the face penalty (seems like this would be a GREAT rule for rigging games if you believe in that kind of thing). Opponent gets the ball. Goes down and scores and the game is over. You lose.

It just doesn't feel right to me. Yes, to a random observer, it would make games more exciting because there is a more likely chance of big comebacks late in games... But if you are talking about what is actually "fair" and "pure to the game," it just feels insane. It's a gimmick you'd see in the XFL or Arena League.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."