• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Around the MLB

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
How? Machado just got 30 million annually, and Lindor is better than him at literally every facet of the game. He also plays a more important position.

Machado is a better hitter, and that's what pays.

Lindor will also be 2 years older, for what is is worth.

Assuming he hits the open market, I am assuming he and his representation will be aiming to either beat Machado's aav or total dollar value. And I think he will get it.

6 yrs $100m for Bregman, covers his next 4 years of club control + an extra 2 years

6 yrs $100m for Bregman, covers his next 4 years of club control + an extra 2 years

Nice to have a player not concerned with his market value and willing to cut into his free agency time.

Won't be a free agent until age 30.

Nice to have a player not concerned with his market value and willing to cut into his free agency time.

Won't be a free agent until age 30.
That’s great for Houston. They built it right and are keeping it going. Hard not to like and appreciate it.

They have stars, their farm system is still loaded, they develop their homegrown players very well, they spend money, etc.

Perfect storm of what it takes to be successful in baseball; definitely jealous.

Next season will be especially interesting to see how their rotation stacks up. Verlander and Cole are free agents, Morton is already gone, TBD on Keuchel but assume he has moved on, McCullers is coming back from TJ. The young guys will have step up

Eloy Jimenez gets an 8 yr $65-70m extension before registering a single MLB plate appearance

Reactions: AZ_
Machado is a better hitter, and that's what pays.
I’m curious as to which part is being disagreed with here.

To me, it’s unarguable that Machado has been a better hitter, and I also think it’s obvious that teams don’t care a ton about defense when handing out these contracts. It’s a factor, obviously, but offensive talent is what draws in the money.

Hell of a moment today watching that.

Kikuchi was so emotional, getting to pitch the game in which his hero would retire.

Very cool.

Hell of a moment today watching that.

Kikuchi was so emotional, getting to pitch the game in which his hero would retire.

Very cool.

Now maybe Julio Franco will finally retire, lmao.

Is no one going to talk about the fact Ichiro retired?

First ballot for sure, really loved watching him play and the passion he had for the game.

One of my favorite guys ever. He stuck around just a bit too long, but the fact he came and started playing MLB ball at age 27 and was still able to get over 3,000 hits is insane.

Was able to still hit .291 at age 42 in Miami. Had some of the most spectacular seasons of the 21st Century:

Look at him in 2001, his first year in America: .350 BA, 242 H, 56 SB, MVP, ROY
2004: .372, 262 H, 36 SB

From 2001-2010 (age 27-36), he averaged: .331 BA, 224 H, 105 R, 7 3B, 38 SB with 10 all-star appearances, 10 Gold Gloves, 3 Silver Sluggers, and an MVP. One of the best five-tool players in baseball history.

If he's not a 100% guy in the HOF, then I don't know who is (besides Mo, who also deserved it).

Was going to make his own thread, but figured it wouldn't have enough interest.

ichiro.jpg

One of my favorite guys ever. He stuck around just a bit too long, but the fact he came and started playing MLB ball at age 27 and was still able to get over 3,000 hits is insane.

Was able to still hit .291 at age 42 in Miami. Had some of the most spectacular seasons of the 21st Century:

Look at him in 2001, his first year in America: .350 BA, 242 H, 56 SB, MVP, ROY
2004: .372, 262 H, 36 SB

From 2001-2010 (age 27-36), he averaged: .331 BA, 224 H, 105 R, 7 3B, 38 SB with 10 all-star appearances, 10 Gold Gloves, 3 Silver Sluggers, and an MVP. One of the best five-tool players in baseball history.

If he's not a 100% guy in the HOF, then I don't know who is (besides Mo, who also deserved it).

Was going to make his own thread, but figured it wouldn't have enough interest.

ichiro.jpg

I loved the way he was a metrics guy before metrics, I mean get on base anyway possible

He was running before he even made contact, did a slap hit type of thing allot which is a softball thing, but he made it work for baseball.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."