• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who is the 2nd Best Cleveland Athlete Right Now?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the Second Best Athlete in Cleveland Right Now?

• Total voters
For me Baker has to be #1 both due to the importance of QB and the force of his personality. He's clearly far and away the most valuable Cleveland player now.

#2 is more difficult.

For me Baker has to be #1 both due to the importance of QB and the force of his personality. He's clearly far and away the most valuable Cleveland player now.

#2 is more difficult.
Really hope these takes aren't going to end up with laugh rating 3 years from now.

Last edited:
Can’t go wrong picking someone from the Indians.

Kluber/Bauer are proven Cy Young caliber arms and Lindor/Ramirez are MVP candidates.

Neither the Browns nor the Cavs have somebody that caliber, although Baker (and Garrett) seems likely to get there as soon as this season.

Last edited:

#2 is more difficult.

I think Love is the clear number one right now. Been here five years, won a title as the third-best player, committed to Cleveland after LeBron left, never bitched during all the drama, and seems perfectly content to ride out his contract here as we rebuild. Still looks like an All-Star caliber player too.

Baker's gonna be number one for a long time starting soon. Give Love his due until then.

Myles Garrett is probably in the top 3 with Baker and OBJ right now. Not sure what the order would be. Love and Lindor probably round out the top 5. I think the next 5 to make a top 10 would be the hardest to nail down.

Lindor is usually considered a top 5 player at any position baseball and perennial MVP candidate, so while baseball is my 3rd favorite, Lindor really has to be #1, probably Jose Ramirez #2, until Baker becomes a MVP candidate, then Myles, then maybe Love.

Also need to see if Kluber still has it, as a 2 time Cy Young guy, he is up there, maybe Bauer.

I think Love is the clear number one right now. Been here five years, won a title as the third-best player, committed to Cleveland after LeBron left, never bitched during all the drama, and seems perfectly content to ride out his contract here as we rebuild. Still looks like an All-Star caliber player too.

Baker's gonna be number one for a long time starting soon. Give Love his due until then.

You are ignoring the Indian guys, Jose and Lindor are #1 and #2 and probably Kluber right there too.

That said, Baker will soon be there, but Love is fallen a bit as he didn't even make the All Star team because of injury (although I do love Love, lol)

Baker is no. 2 right now, to Lindor. Results matter- Lindor is an MVP candidate and a gyy who should be a superstar. Baker was the runner up to ROY. Maybe in a few years, when Baker has put up MVP numbers and won some GGs and the Browns have a Super Bowl appearance he can leapfrog Lindor; but it sure as he'll isnt now.

Yeah, Lindor is definitely the guy right now until the Browns trio actually proves a bit more.

Baker is no. 2 right now, to Lindor. Results matter- Lindor is an MVP candidate and a gyy who should be a superstar. Baker was the runner up to ROY. Maybe in a few years, when Baker has put up MVP numbers and won some GGs and the Browns have a Super Bowl appearance he can leapfrog Lindor; but it sure as he'll isnt now.

If results matter, Jose Ramirez is #3 and Kluber with 2 Cy Youngs in the last 5 years is #2 or #1.

Cleveland is a Browns town, but until the Browns fulfill their potential, the top athletes in town right now are all Indians. That said, all that can be different this time next year.

I just hate baseball. It's just so boring to watch and even play. I would much rather watch or play basketball, football, golf, soccer, tennis and even hockey (and I can't skate worth shit.) I've probably watched like 6 innings in the last 10 years. And that was checking up on the indians in the world series whatever year that was. I take it 75% of the names are baseball players?:conf (8):

I think we can separate CLE athletes into a few different tiers:

Tier One: Superstars, MVP-candidates, Cy-Young candidates, etc.
- Francisco Lindor
- Jose Ramirez
- Odell Beckham Jr.
- Corey Kluber
- Trevor Bauer

Tier Two: Stars, Pro Bowlers, All-Stars, very good players, etc.
- Myles Garrett
- Baker Mayfield
- Kevin Love

Tier Three: Fringe Stars, still great players but not on the level of the guys above
- Kareem Hunt
- Nick Chubb
- Carlos Carrasco
- Mike Clevinger
- Brad Hand
- Denzel Ward

Maybe somebody else I'm forgetting / snubbing.

I think we can separate CLE athletes into a few different tiers:

Tier One: Superstars, MVP-candidates, Cy-Young candidates, etc.
- Francisco Lindor
- Jose Ramirez
- Odell Beckham Jr.
- Corey Kluber
- Trevor Bauer

Tier Two: Stars, Pro Bowlers, All-Stars, very good players, etc.
- Myles Garrett
- Baker Mayfield
- Kevin Love

Tier Three: Fringe Stars, still great players but not on the level of the guys above
- Kareem Hunt
- Nick Chubb
- Carlos Carrasco
- Mike Clevinger
- Brad Hand
- Denzel Ward

Maybe somebody else I'm forgetting / snubbing.
Jarvis has been a pro bowler 4 years in a row. Bitonio was this year, Schobert was last year and an alternate this year

Jarvis has been a pro bowler 4 years in a row. Bitonio was this year and Schobert was last year and an alternate this year

Jarvis and Bitonio should probably both be tier three guys. I'd probably throw Joe Schmo on a fourth tier if I felt like making one.

I still say Baker is #1.

As I type this I'm sitting within 15 miles of Yankee Stadium, MetLife Stadium, and MSG. Let's say a fanatical Yankees - Giants - Knicks fan could draft any one player from Cleveland. We would have the right to protect one player.

I'd protect Baker and it's not a close call. Frankie would be second if I thought we could keep him long term.

NY fan would grab Baker in a heartbeat and bench Eli.

Baker is the alpha dog in Cleveland sports now.

I still say Baker is #1.

As I type this I'm sitting within 15 miles of Yankee Stadium, MetLife Stadium, and MSG. Let's say a fanatical Yankees - Giants - Knicks fan could draft any one player from Cleveland. We would have the right to protect one player.

I'd protect Baker and it's not a close call. Frankie would be second if I thought we could keep him long term.

NY fan would grab Baker in a heartbeat and bench Eli.

Baker is the alpha dog in Cleveland sports now.

Only reason you are not picking Frankie should not matter. Future value of Baker doesn't matter. Lindor not being able to be kept, doesn't matter. Liking football more than baseball doesn't matter.

For the argument being made its either Kluber or Lindor, probably Lindor.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."