• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018-2019 Around The NBA thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, he gets the second-biggest LDS fanbase in the league around there to support him...maybe that'll help him this time around. ;)

During all three of his seasons in Shanghai, Fredette was named to the All-Star team and was the CBA International MVP in 2017.

Plus he scored 73 pts in a game. He should be an above-average bench player for sure.

37.6 points, 8.2 rebounds, 4.2 assists, and 1.6 steals per game. He shot 52.5% from the field on 2-point field goal attempts, 47.4% from the field, 39.6% from 3-point range, and 93.3% from the free throw line (2017 season)

Obviously that wont hold up in when he comes back to the NBA, but he clearly can play at some level better now than he was in his earlier nba stint.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26306393/tens-millions-stake-all-nba-sprint-finish

Exec Summary: contract extensions and bonuses are tied to All NBA inclusion, often even 3rd team All NBA, and this is voted on by 100 media members.

I found this article to exceed expectations, and the title is far too conservative. Seems like is just a few examples given in the article, $100M+ could be on the line.

Also shows how some great players on shitty teams are absolutely balling. :chuckle:

Headlines Sunday am:

- Celtics blow big 4th qtr lead
- Warriors suffer worst even home loss under Kerr
- LeBron says this isn't what he signed up for

Hehehe.

Aaaaand of course Nurkic breaks his leg. Time for the Warriors opponents to start having season ending injuries.

To say he broke his leg is an understatement. His leg died.

To say he broke his leg is an understatement. His leg died.

On one of the replays I saw, you could hear the "Snap" loud and clear, over the rest of the noise in the arena. And that moment he reached for his leg, and realized how bad it was, was hard to watch.

Just from landing on someone's foot. Something that could happen to any player in any game.

One good thing though:

"Portland Trail Blazers center Jusuf Nurkic underwent surgery on Tuesday and is expected to make a full recovery from a season-ending injury to his left leg, the team announced in a release."

Being only 24 probably helps.

Last edited:
Aaaaand of course Nurkic breaks his leg. Time for the Warriors opponents to start having season ending injuries.
The Blazers were never doing shit against the Warriors. I'm sorry for their loss but they're nothing more than a nice little treadmill team with a 2nd round ceiling...been that way for years.

The Knicks are officially no longer a laughingstock given that they managed to dump their "promising rising star" like a hot potato just in time - and onto a team notorious for metoo problems no less.

Lots of odd parts to that article.

1) KP rapes a girl hours after he tears his ACL?

2) He supposedly was offering 68K in hush money? 68K? What kinda number is that?

Who knows what happened but this just makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Lots of odd parts to that article.

1) KP rapes a girl hours after he tears his ACL?

2) He supposedly was offering 68K in hush money? 68K? What kinda number is that?

Who knows what happened but this just makes no sense to me.

Apparently it's the amount that was required for her brother's tuition.

The Knicks are officially no longer a laughingstock given that they managed to dump their "promising rising star" like a hot potato just in time - and onto a team notorious for metoo problems no less.
If this rag is the one that broke this story i'd definitely wait for more facts. They're like National Enquirer level bad . . .

If this rag is the one that broke this story i'd definitely wait for more facts. They're like National Enquirer level bad . . .

Woj-bomb clarifying what each team knew and when they knew it:

This appears consistent with the timeline listed elsewhere that the league office first knew around December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."