• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Indians 2018-2019 Offseason Outlook

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Jose Ramirez last season:

1st Half
BABIP: .280
BB%: 13.6%
K%: 11.4%

2nd Half
BABIP: .208
BB%: 17.6%
K%: 11.4%

To the naked eye, Jose sucked ass in the second half last season. However, his BABIP took an absolutely massive nosedive, his walk rate actually increased, and his strikeout rate was identical to his monster first half.

Did he start trying to pull the ball a bit too much? Yeah. Advanced numbers say he was more unlucky than anything during the second half last year though. Hell, his BABIP in Sept/Oct was only .184, but he still managed a .322 OBP in those months.

First 2 series of last season he was 1/15 at the plate, first 3 he was 2/25.

He’s a slow starter. He will be fine.

While I agree, even talking about him being off is funny, He hates the cold yet he is 3/15 hitting .200, but 1 more hit and he is at .268 near his average. Further, he had that hit, a homerun last game if not for the cold and the wind blowing in hard.

Heck, Jose, Hanley, Santana and maybe Brad Miller are the only hitters that look like the belong in the majors so far.

While I agree, even talking about him being off is funny, He hates the cold yet he is 3/15 hitting .200, but 1 more hit and he is at .268 near his average. Further, he had that hit, a homerun last game if not for the cold and the wind blowing in hard.

Heck, Jose, Hanley, Santana and maybe Brad Miller are the only hitters that look like the belong in the majors so far.

right. breaking it down right now is silly after a week. only reason I even said anything was someone else mentioned his best ball being behind him.

Reactions: Lee
right. breaking it down right now is silly after a week. only reason I even said anything was someone else mentioned his best ball being behind him.

I know, wasn't a negative comment against you.

Anyone have the Athletic article for the top 25 moments in Jacobs Field history? It turned 25 years old today.

Anyone have the Athletic article for the top 25 moments in Jacobs Field history? It turned 25 years old today.

Gotta think Rajai's HR is #1.

Off the top of my head, the Seattle comeback better be there.
I'm still partial to the comeback against Cy Young David Cone that was capped off with a Paul Sorrento HR, but doubt it's on there.
Manny vs Eck "Wow" should be there.
It's away, but McGwire hitting the Budweiser sign should be there.
Wasn't the Tony Pena HR against Baltimore at home? If so, should be there.
Maybe some "milestone" moments but I think they're overrated, like a 500 HR mark, or Murray's 3,000 hits.
Frankie's double to keep the 21-game streak?
Maybe some shout-out for 455

That's about all I have off the top of my head.

It’s not.

The writer (Meisel) picked the Indians clinching the division title in 1995 as the top moment.

After all the years of Indians sucking, finally moving into a new ballpark and having the best team in baseball, I could see the Indians clinching their first division title in the new house as the #1 moment... if that happened in '94. Unfortunately, the strike took that away from us. In '95 it wasn't really a Cinderella story. It was expected.

Hunter Renfroe
Adrian Morejon/Logan Allen
Chris Paddack
Kirby Yates

Feel like that's an acceptable package. Allen and Paddack are excellent prospects, Renfroe steps right into the lineup. Yates helps the pen in the short term.

Its a bet on Renfroe, but I'd definitely consider it.

This bet would have cashed.

Ah what could have been.

This bet would have cashed.

Ah what could have been.

On pace for 40 bombs, top 100 pitching prospect, ROY if not for inning limitation, and all star closer.

Yeah that would've worked out well

On pace for 40 bombs, top 100 pitching prospect, ROY if not for inning limitation, and all star closer.

Yeah that would've worked out well

We traded Kirby Yates to the Yankees...

Though that being said, we probably wouldn't have gone after Yates, we would have went for a younger arm, so probably Munoz

Yates was a 29 year old 5'10 reliever with no track record of success across any of his MLB stops until he developed a splitter with the Padres. Not gonna beat myself up about that trade

Yates was a 29 year old 5'10 reliever with no track record of success across any of his MLB stops until he developed a splitter with the Padres. Not gonna beat myself up about that trade

I am not either to be honest, since he was one of those guys he wasn't any good until he got to San Diego. I just don't feel the Indians would have him apart of the Bauer trade since I feel they would have went younger and went for an arm like Munoz to round out the trade and still may go for an arm like that. In hindsight we should have traded Bauer for a haul like that, but we shall see when this season ends if hindsight is 20/20 or not.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."