• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Anyone planning on playing Road to the Show 19?

Sekiro is absolutely brutal, but it has to be the early favorite for Game of the Year.

Then again, maybe I’m biased because I’m a fan of all the Soulsborne games.

Sekiro is absolutely brutal, but it has to be the early favorite for Game of the Year.

Then again, maybe I’m biased because I’m a fan of all the Soulsborne games.

It's so good. Retardedly brutal though. Worse than the others.

It's so good. Retardedly brutal though. Worse than the others.

I'm really enjoying it but not sure its as brutal as the others. I like the change to a deflect based combat system that doesn't depend on dodging / rolling through attacks by getting iframes like the other games.

Seems to really reward players who are aggressive or use hit and run styles due to the faster paced combat while punishing players that approach it as if it were one of the previous games.

Switching from stamina management to the posture mechanic takes a bit to get used to since managing stamina slowed encounters in the previous titles imo. The switch allows for constant attacking / step-dodging but it has to be combined with the deflection system to get the most out of it from what I've noticed.

I'm really enjoying it but not sure its as brutal as the others. I like the change to a deflect based combat system that doesn't depend on dodging / rolling through attacks by getting iframes like the other games.

Seems to really reward players who are aggressive or use hit and run styles due to the faster paced combat while punishing players that approach it as if it were one of the previous games.

Switching from stamina management to the posture mechanic takes a bit to get used to since managing stamina slowed encounters in the previous titles imo. The switch allows for constant attacking / step-dodging but it has to be combined with the deflection system to get the most out of it from what I've noticed.

I dunno. I find it harder. I'm still early though.

Reactions: KB

I think it’s harder just because of its departure from the slower combat of the Souls games. I would say its closest game by comparison is probably Bloodborne, and even that’s kind of out of left field because you couldn’t even block in that game. I think it perfectly blends aggression, deflecting, and not getting too greedy.

I dunno. I find it harder. I'm still early though.

I thought it was harder until I picked up the differences in combat style and pace of play. I'm partial to the faster and more aggressive pace of combat with this than the previous titles allowed us to use due to the stamina management mechanic. One of the things I found most difficult was unlearning some habits I picked up from playing bloodborne.

I thought it was harder until I picked up the differences in combat style and pace of play. I'm partial to the faster and more aggressive pace of combat with this than the previous titles allowed us to use due to the stamina management mechanic. One of the things I found most difficult was unlearning some habits I picked up from playing bloodborne.

I went in realizing that. I'm still very early, I killed the first boss in only a few tries. But the game just feels like it'll be harder. I'm actually playing Bloodborne simulatenously.

I went in realizing that. I'm still very early, I killed the first boss in only a few tries. But the game just feels like it'll be harder. I'm actually playing Bloodborne simulatenously.

The first one isn’t bad (I’m assuming you’re talking about the first major boss).

The second one will likely make you throw your controller.

I think playing both simultaneously would make them both more difficult due to the differences in game mechanics and combat pacing.

The first one isn’t bad (I’m assuming you’re talking about the first major boss).

The second one will likely make you throw your controller.

I can just tell with the parry mechanics, that this game will make me break several.

I can just tell with the parry mechanics, that this game will make me break several.

Without spoiling too much, there are certain bosses and mini bosses where parrying will be the only way you can beat them, as you literally won’t have open windows to be able to take down their vitality.

Definitely forces you to “git gud” pretty quickly. :chuckle:

What part of the game are you at right now?

As someone who has never even tried VR, would Playstation VR be worth getting?

You can get it fairly cheap now so I'm curious. But I still don't want to bother if I never use it. They seem to have more games but not sure how many good VR games they have?

I don't have Ps4 Pro or a 4k tv or anything if that matters. Also not sure when Ps5 plans to come out or how VR will transition with that.

Without spoiling too much, there are certain bosses and mini bosses where parrying will be the only way you can beat them, as you literally won’t have open windows to be able to take down their vitality.

Definitely forces you to “git gud” pretty quickly. :chuckle:

What part of the game are you at right now?

Just beat first real boss. Not far. Doubt it’s a game I’ll beat anytime soon. I like it a lot, still think Bloodborne is cooler though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."