• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I totally understand some of y'all are still real bitter about the Warriors, but let's not start acting like they're not a legit dynasty and one of the greatest teams in the history of professional basketball.

They didn't cheat the system. They drafted and developed players extremely well. They made the right hires in terms of head coach and general manager. They managed their financial situation well enough to when the cap exploded, they had the cap space and the best situation available to lure a top 5 NBA player to their team.

What exactly have they done wrong? They're UNQUESTIONABLY the model NBA franchise over the last 5 years.

Did they get some breaks? Of course they did, but every champion in every sport gets some good fortune along the way. You always want to put yourself in position to take advantage of good breaks and they've done that in spades.

I totally understand some of y'all are still real bitter about the Warriors, but let's not start acting like they're not a legit dynasty and one of the greatest teams in the history of professional basketball.

They didn't cheat the system. They drafted and developed players extremely well. They made the right hires in terms of head coach and general manager. They managed their financial situation well enough to when the cap exploded, they had the cap space and the best situation available to lure a top 5 NBA player to their team.

What exactly have they done wrong? They're UNQUESTIONABLY the model NBA franchise over the last 5 years.

Did they get some breaks? Of course they did, but every champion in every sport gets some good fortune along the way. You always want to put yourself in position to take advantage of good breaks and they've done that in spades.
No one's arguing that they're not a dynasty, though. They're a dynasty, but they're front-runners too. They're also all-time lucky because injuries to their star player allowed them to sign him to a team friendly deal, and then a one-time spike in cap space allowed them to sign Durant. That's before we get into all of the injuries that their opponents have suffered and their near perfect health over the past 5 years.

They've lost one series in the last four years and it took an unprecedented series of events (suspensions, injuries and historic performances) for that to happen.

They've also won every single playoff series they've been trailing in dating back to 2015. They're so talented that they haven't been trailing many times, but they rallied from deficits twice in 2015, once in 2016, and once in 2018.

:jerkoff:

I have no problem with you responding to other people's posts about the Warriors and refuting their claims. But I have to roll my eyes at the bolded. Warriors had way bigger shit go their way in 2015 than the Cavs did in 2016. Especially considering how amazingly overdue and deserving Draymond was for a suspension.

There's no such thing as a mentally soft, front-running dynasty.

Especially when they've come-from-behind to win series literally 4x as many times as they've actually lost a series.
There is when you have 4-5 all-stars and two top 5 players. How many teams could suffer injuries to their best player and still win rounds in 5 games? They play with no pressure because there's such a talent disparity between them and their competitors. Just watch how they play when they start feeling pressure. Their players mouth off to the refs. They get T'd up. When things aren't going perfectly for them, they start to unravel.

It's nice to see LA being physical with these guys. Year after year in the playoffs I always wonder why no one ever roughs these guys up, especially Steph. Bev is the perfect guy to have in this series. I wonder if he can get in snakes head enough to make him pack it in a bit early and fuck off to NY?

There is when you have 4-5 all-stars and two top 5 players. How many teams could suffer injuries to their best player and still win rounds in 5 games? They play with no pressure because there's such a talent disparity between them and their competitors. Just watch how they play when they start feeling pressure. Their players mouth off to the refs. They get T'd up. When things aren't going perfectly for them, they start to unravel.

giphy.gif

So basically they are the 92 dream team? :chuckle:

What adversity have they faced during their run? They won their first championship because of injuries, and they won their last two because of enormous talent disparities. They've had one tough series over the past two seasons, and their opponent lost their second best player. The one championship that they lost, they blew a 3-1 lead. They started feeling pressure and they melted down. Curry threw his mouth guard into the stands like a child. His wife was complaining on twitter about the refs rigging the games.
Saw it live

How many times do Doc's teams need to perform well in the regular season and playoffs until we all recognize he is a top-tier NBA coach?

There's no such thing as a mentally soft, front-running dynasty.

Especially when they've come-from-behind to win series literally 4x as many times as they've actually lost a series.

See I don't get this. Magic and Bird teaming up to defeat MJ would not have been mentally tough. It is frontrunning no matter what you say. There is nothing mentally tough about melting down and losing to a great team, then joining that team to beat the best player in the game.

It's probably the least underdog story in sports ever to add Durant to the 73 win Warriors. It also ruined one of the best rivalries in sports and robbed us of a tiebreaking match in 2017.

What adversity have they overcome? Expectations that's it.

Durant was cheating and it puts an asterisk next to their name forever in my mind. I guess that act of fucked up cowardice was Durant’s doing and not the Warriors, but he is part of their team and dynasty so it’s all contaminated and stinks as far as I’m concerned

Making me wish the Clippers still had Tobias Harris, they shouldn’t have given up on this year

Making me wish the Clippers still had Tobias Harris, they shouldn’t have given up on this year
They’ve actually been better since the deadline. Shamet and Zubac add a lot, and as good as Tobias is, they gained a lot from that trade, including future versatility.

Clippers are a good, young team who will continue to improve. My guess is they get some sort of franchise star this summer, too. KD, Kawhi, Kemba, Kyrie, and a few others will be guys that the Clippers try to get.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."