• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
- Zion is not ripped, but he’s not far from it. he clearly has a physique that can add pounds of any sort, very easily. He’s probably on PED’s, like most pro athletes, but I don’t care about that.
- Does anyone really see Zion getting fat and lazy? I guess it’s always possible but he seems to have a real passion for the game when he’s on the court. Seeing his reaction to going to New Orleans may be a cause for concern when paired with Cajun food, but again, who knows? To maintain his moderate BF%, he probably eats quite a bit or at least isn’t fond of cardio when he isn’t playing. I’d be pretty concerned about him ballooning IF he suffered a catastrophic injury like an ACL.
- I’ve been saying it for months, but there’s something odd about his gait. I’d have him run on one of those gait analysis machines to see how he’s loading his kinetic chain. I’m guessing it wouldn’t manifest until he’s older, but it’s good to know.
- He’s like LeBron in that he doesn’t really valgus knees. It’s one of the reasons LeBron has never suffered a major knee injury. Most NBA players are explosive but simultaneously weak in some areas, which can lead to injury. Zion looks strong and explosive in the legs. I haven’t looked at his landing technique closely

The real concern on Zion is injury. There's a lot of healthy debate on someone his size carrying 285 lbs even if it is muscle. Lebron is a bit taller and weighs 35 pounds less. Can Zion get the weight down? Will he be as effective if he does? If he doesn't, will that impact his long term durability? And if he has some injury issues early, will that impact his development negatively?

Zion is hugely talented and I think he will be good and possibly great - but if he's only playing 50 games or less a year due to durability issues, is that a problem? We don't know if that will happen, but it is a valid concern. You roll the dice because of his talent and massive upside, but other players are far more likely to consistently play in over 60 games a year.

Trying to track down possibilities in the 5-10 range of prospects. The consensus 5-15 range of prospects. The only one Beilein recruited to Michigan was Romeo Langford. I was kind of hoping Beilein would have ties to someone who was a realistic option at 5 but I guess not. It doesn't make that big of a difference to me I was just curious as to who Beilein might be targeting with the pick. Right now I am hoping for Culver. But still got a month and a half for that to change.

I'm concerned about losing our pick next year. If Kevin Love is healthy this team has enough veterans and with Sexton/Cedi and #5 a nice mix of young guys.
Will we be bad enough to stay in the 5-8 range next year? They potentially start TT/Love/Cedi/Sexton and probably Knight.
I don't want to purposely tank next year,,with the odds changed i don't think its worth it to do that.
I guess my point is do we move Love this summer? If he's healthy he makes the team so much better..I think that's something to consider.

I'm concerned about losing our pick next year. If Kevin Love is healthy this team has enough veterans and with Sexton/Cedi and #5 a nice mix of young guys.
Will we be bad enough to stay in the 5-8 range next year? They potentially start TT/Love/Cedi/Sexton and probably Knight.
I don't want to purposely tank next year,,with the odds changed i don't think its worth it to do that.
I guess my point is do we move Love this summer? If he's healthy he makes the team so much better..I think that's something to consider.

It's a huge jump to get out of top 8 odds. Typically mid to low 30's in wins. That's a more than 50% improvement. And when looking at the NBA landscape, there's more teams getting better than getting worse in our pick slot. Dallas, Memphis, Atlanta, Chicago should all be significantly better with better health + picks. NYK possibly significantly better via FA.

Love was out sure, Sexton will be better but a 10+ win improvement is significant. We'll also likely get worse in some areas, if we are committed to playing the young guys we draft......so even if Collin and more Love adds a handful of wins, the additional youth is likely to subtract them in the net.

I honestly think the ceiling on our odds is #4.....worst case scenario. That sounds ludicrous but who will the Cavs be better than, assuming health and likely roster improvement of teams? Washington, Phoenix and MAYBE Charlotte if Kemba bolts? Everyone else looks like they will significantly better (+5-7 wins) than the Cavs.

Last edited:
It's a huge jump to get our of top 8 odds. Typically mid to low 30's in wins. That's a more than 50% improvement. And when looking at the NBA landscape, there's more teams getting better than getting worse in our pick slot. Dallas, Memphis, Atlanta, Chicago should all be significantly better with better health + picks. NYK possibly significantly better via FA.

Love was out sure, Sexton will be better but a 10+ win improvement is significant. We'll also likely get worse in some areas, if we are committed to playing the young guys we draft......so even if Collin and more Love adds a handful of wins, the additional youth is likely to subtract them in the net.

I honestly think the ceiling on our odds is #4.....worst case scenario. That sounds ludicrous but who will the Cavs be better than, assuming health and likely roster improvement of teams? Washington, Phoenix and MAYBE Charlotte if Kemba bolts? Everyone else looks like they will significantly better (+5-7 wins) than the Cavs.
Yeah I see what you are saying about the potentially bad teams,,,a lot of these teams are poised to make moves upward and looking at the final records I don't see that many teams that will be lock bottom 5 teams. I would be happy to see us move out some of these veterans like TT/Knight/Henson and even Delly. Those guys are all on the last year of their deals and are going to be playing hard for the next contract. TT actually isn't that bad when he's motivated. Not sure any are moveable until the deadline though.

JR to the Knicks so they can sign a superteam, and we move from #5 to #3. Get it done!

This is actually a good idea if they can pull it off. Koby's relationship with Griff could make a 3 way deal with Pelicans and Knicks a possibility.

What bad players or contracts on the Knicks would need to be dumped on to the Cavs though?

So, now that the NBA has "fixed" bad teams from gaming the draft, when are we going to see them "fix" the large market teams from gaming free agency? The Knicks are such a poorly run franchise that any other owner would've won a title with them by now with how unbalanced free agency is. Will be interesting to see if they get rewarded Irving & Durant despite being the league laughingstock since the 90s.

If they do sign there, how would that be any better than the bottom 3-4 teams tanking for draft position?

The emergence of good competitor teams in the two largest markets has at least dented the free agency advantage of the big city teams. The Clippers probably cut the Lakers free agency advantage significantly, same for the Nets and the Knicks.

Now Golden State, on the other hand...

If Jaxson Hayes really becomes John Collins+, then it's a no brainer at 5. I love Collins, love his game. I like Hayes but I never really saw him become the scorer Collins has become.

I also really like Hachimura. He looks like a Granger/George type player at the next level. A little herky, jerky but also an extremely talented big player.

As for Bol...it is entirely dependent on the Cleveland Clinic. I don't think anyone would dispute his talent, it's extreme. But big guys with foot problems is not good at all, kind of like a smaller guy with back problems. MPJr last year, I had that same problem, but I think Bol is more talented.

Truthfully the Cavs cannot really do truly awful at 5. I have my select few at 5 (really its just Reddish) that I would hate, but there is a lot of 2nd level talent in this draft. From 4-10, you are going to get a good but probably not great player.

So, now that the NBA has "fixed" bad teams from gaming the draft, when are we going to see them "fix" the large market teams from gaming free agency? The Knicks are such a poorly run franchise that any other owner would've won a title with them by now with how unbalanced free agency is. Will be interesting to see if they get rewarded Irving & Durant despite being the league laughingstock since the 90s.

If they do sign there, how would that be any better than the bottom 3-4 teams tanking for draft position?
Not to mention the current system that doesn't crack down on collusion and tampering one bit.

How Do you all feel about Romeo Langford if we are talking upside? Another young 19 year old kid that shows elite Shot Creating at times and ability to iso. Easily Gets to the Rim, 6'6 with a 7' wing span...Leading scorer for a freshman in Big ten. Terrible Year from 3 with the Hand injury though that needed surgury... feel if he shot 37% from three would 100% be talking probably top 5. Needs to get more efficient but i do see some flashes. Kinda see a weird slightly shorter Demar Dorozan type. Who btw played one season and shot 17% from three lol.

Last edited:
How Do you all feel about Romeo Langford if we are talking upside? Another young 19 year old kid that shows elite Shot Creating at times and ability to iso. Easily Gets to the Rim, 6'6 with a 7' wing span...Leading scorer for a freshman in Big ten. Terrible Year from 3 with the Hand injury though. feel if he shot 37% from three would 100% be talking probably top 5. Needs to get more efficient but i do see some flashes.

I am not too high on Langford as things currently stand. If we trade down from 5 to the 8 to 10 range I likely wouldn't hate it. But would still be underwhelmed.

He is the only player in the 5 to 15 range that Beilein recruited and went to HS with Jordan Poole who played for Beilein. So if we do take him at 5 or after a trade down I wouldn't be opposed to it because he's one guy that Beilein would seem to have that extra insight on.

I am not too high on Langford as things currently stand. If we trade down from 5 to the 8 to 10 range I likely wouldn't hate it. But would still be underwhelmed.

He is the only player in the 5 to 15 range that Beilein recruited and went to HS with Jordan Poole who played for Beilein. So if we do take him at 5 or after a trade down I wouldn't be opposed to it because he's one guy that Beilein would seem to have that extra insight on.

I mean I do think he really was one of the best pick and roll Ball Handlers last year and ability to create shots and get to the rim are way up there as well for a 19 year old freshman. Then the added Connection to Beilein, would be a long wing to put beside our 19 year old Pg. Just suprised he hasnt really been brought up yet. Could see him Turning into something special if approved Efficiency .Idk. I feel He Can be Really good.

Last edited:
Stylewise... Reddish would be a great running partner with Sexton... That is if they determine what went wrong with him in Duke and whether it is sonething fixable

Stylewise... Reddish would be a great running partner with Sexton... That is if they determine what went wrong with him in Duke and whether it is sonething fixable
Right only if they believe it's not in his head and was purely situational. The last thing they need is the opposite of Sexton when it comes to determination and in game toughness. It could simply be Reddish was never the 3rd option is high school and had a difficult time not being the main ball handler in college and was slow to make adjustment. But can you add a potential main ball handler that lacks the strength and overall ability to drive to the hoop and finish? I don't think you can which is why he was relegated to the role he had at Duke.
I would be happy with Culver despite lacking elite athleticism & need to get stronger or Hunter despite being a system guy as both are solid defenders and good offensive options, but would much rather they shoot for the pie in the sky pick with Sekou,Bol,KPorter,or Bitdatze.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."