• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 NBA Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I never watched Culver play, but at least from the descriptions of him I've read, he seems like he'd be a great fit with Sexton.

Culver plays alot like Clarkson. Ugly shots that seemingly go in when he is hot. When he isn't hot, he is much less of an impressive player. The last few rounds of the tourny showed that.

The problem with Culver's highlights is they are front loaded with bad competition and his shot selection doesn't look bad when he can get anywhere he wants on the floor. When he plays against better competition, the shot selection becomes bad. This is why I won't discount his bad performances in the tournament.

Culver plays alot like Clarkson. Ugly shots that seemingly go in when he is hot. When he isn't hot, he is much less of an impressive player. The last few rounds of the tourny showed that.

The problem with Culver's highlights is they are front loaded with bad competition and his shot selection doesn't look bad when he can get anywhere he wants on the floor. When he plays against better competition, the shot selection becomes bad. This is why I won't discount his bad performances in the tournament.

I was thinking of his defense.

Just take Reddish and don’t get cute. He might be one of those guys who’s better suited for the NBA game as opposed to the college system

Just take Reddish and don’t get cute. He might be one of those guys who’s better suited for the NBA game as opposed to the college system

It's entirely possible that he is one of those guys.

Also more likely that he's an overhyped prospect to begin with.

Really surprised by how much momentum Reddish has gotten. I know people were caping for him at the beginning of the season.

I don't see it.

I bring him up more as a discussion point than anything else. I have read some articles that try to break down his college play than just the basic percentages. I want to hear what some people around here can see or dig up on him.

To me he is just as much of an unknown as someone like Darius Garland. Reddish played 3rd wheel to Zion and Barrett while another top 15 recruit in Tre Jones was the PG. I could see him getting lost in the shuffle similar to how Eric Bledsoe was when he played behind Wall at Kentucky.

Reddish was ranked #2 overall nationally by 247 behind just Barrett. He was ranked as the #1 prospect by other rankings.

Really surprised by how much momentum Reddish has gotten. I know people were caping for him at the beginning of the season.

I don't see it.
Horrible season, poor motor, is not in love with the game, does not put in the extra time in the gym and low basketball iq. What is not to love?

Did anyone else hate the actually draft lottery show. It was a complete shitshow and someone needed to backhand Rachael Nickles so she stop drooling over Zions Cock and don't get started the fake narrative he doesn't want to be in NO.

I bring him up more as a discussion point than anything else. I have read some articles that try to break down his college play than just the basic percentages. I want to hear what some people around here can see or dig up on him.

To me he is just as much of an unknown as someone like Darius Garland. Reddish played 3rd wheel to Zion and Barrett while another top 15 recruit in Tre Jones was the PG. I could see him getting lost in the shuffle similar to how Eric Bledsoe was when he played behind Wall at Kentucky.

Reddish was ranked #2 overall nationally by 247 behind just Barrett. He was ranked as the #1 prospect by other rankings.

His foot work is good. He has some saying ability. Advanced foot work is important. I see some of what people are saying about him being similar to Bradley Beal.

Is he actually 6'9"? His footwork and dribble are actually elite for that size. Hes pretty smooth, and I get the comparison to Rodney Hood, but Rodney is jerkier and not nearly as good a ball handler. Rodney is clumsier

He would start at the 3 and Cedi at the 2. That might be alright. If coach really liked him, I guess I could buy that he could get coached up

I really thought Culver or Hunter even before the tournament. Now I am really unsure after the lottery results.

Last edited:
Reddish has star potential imo, guys like Culver and Hunter seem to me like NBA role players. I don't love the idea of drafting a role player at #5, I'd much rather try to find a diamond in the rough at that spot in a draft. I don't think there's great value in drafting a role player high, because once he gets to his second contract you're not going to want to give him big money. I think those types always end up benefiting there 2nd or 3rd team more than the team that drafted them. I think of guys like Otto Porter or Evan Turner when I think of Culver and Hunter, not necessarily as comps, but just how I think they will be valued after a few years in the league.

Reddish has the make up of a star player, Duke made him more of a role player and he really struggled, but he still flashed from time to time. That's what makes him intriguing. He's long, he has good athleticism, he can defend, dribble, shoot off the bounce, etc. Alot of this is in theory because he hasn't proven that he can do it consistently at a high level, but he really does pass the eye test for me. I just think if you get him with the right coach he might really blossom into a great player. But yeah, he does come with a lot of risk, can't deny it.

Last edited:
combine.jpg

Man some of these measurements...Bol has 7% body fat at 208lbs...he's like a stick.
Tacko Fall is almos 7 foot 6.
What about Coby Whites wingspan,,,doesn't look to good.

Reddish has star potential imo, guys like Culver and Hunter seem to me like NBA role players. I don't love the idea of drafting a role player at #5, I'd much rather try to find a diamond in the rough at that spot in a draft. I don't think there's great value in drafting a role player high, because once he gets to his second contract you're not going to want to give him big money. I think those types always end up benefiting there 2nd or 3rd team more than the team that drafted them. I think of guys like Otto Porter or Evan Turner when I think of Culver and Hunter, not necessarily as comps, but just how I think they will be valued after a few years in the league.

Reddish has the make up of a star player, Duke made him more of a role player and he really struggled, but he still flashed from time to time. That's what makes him intriguing. He's long, he has good athleticism, he can defend, dribble, shoot off the bounce, etc. Alot of this is in theory because he hasn't proven that he can do it consistently at a high level, but he really does pass the eye test for me. I just think if you get him with the right coach he might really blossom into a great player. But yeah, he does come with a lot of risk, can't deny it.

His game looks really good in theory and probably looks great in an empty gym.

But when he's on the court, it just falls flat. Everything looks technically good, but it lacks natural fluidity. Especially when he drives to the rim, he makes the technique proper move, but he ends up driving right into the chest of his defender.

He reminds me of Wiggins. Will his jumper ever end up falling? I don't know. His catch and shoot is so disappointing. It just doesn't go in. It looks perfect until it comes to literally hitting the shot and it just doesn't.

We'll see. I think if he ever develops those two areas of his game, he's a star, no doubt about it. But they are also fatal flaws as a prospect is shooting and driving. Otherwise, he's just Demare Carroll.

His game looks really good in theory and probably looks great in an empty gym.

But when he's on the court, it just falls flat. Everything looks technically good, but it lacks natural fluidity. Especially when he drives to the rim, he makes the technique proper move, but he ends up driving right into the chest of his defender.

He reminds me of Wiggins. Will his jumper ever end up falling? I don't know. His catch and shoot is so disappointing. It just doesn't go in. It looks perfect until it comes to literally hitting the shot and it just doesn't.

We'll see. I think if he ever develops those two areas of his game, he's a star, no doubt about it. But they are also fatal flaws as a prospect is shooting and driving. Otherwise, he's just Demare Carroll.

I'll just say that his ball handling for a guy his size is elite. His ball handling looks better than Cedis now at 19. He handles the ball like a guard and I don't know any guys his size that do and pretty much suck.

Also it would be hard for me to believe his shooting never comes around in a world where Brook Lopez is splashing 3s.

Anyone who's shot isn't totally broken like MKG or Simmons can shoot in this league

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."