• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Around the MLB

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
It was widely talked about throughout the playoffs, especially since the Astros fell apart after the accusations.
Ok, guess maybe i was so disgusted by the whole Astros series i tuned out the rest of the playoffs.

Looks like former indians Farmhand Ronny Rodriquez is getting a full time/heavy playing at 3rd in Detroit. He has been an utility guy since he has played some time at every position outside of catcher in the minors. So far in the utility spot he was hitting .312/.357/.701 in 21 games with 6 HRs and 17 RBIs.

Nelson Cruz to IL. Blow to the Twins offense for now.

Finally the team we need dealing with blows.
Nice they're getting hit with the injury bug, but it's going to take a lot more injuries to even out the bad luck we've had with injuries.. how many starts* have we lost from our Ace (Kluber) and the best pitcher going when he went down (Clev)... 30 starts? 40 starts?

Edit- worded weird... potential lost starts before returning to rotation

Last edited:
Random, but Travis Shaw could be an intriguing buy-low option in the offseason. He is having a pretty poor year and seems like he is going to be the odd man out in that infield going forward

Random, but Travis Shaw could be an intriguing buy-low option in the offseason. He is having a pretty poor year and seems like he is going to be the odd man out in that infield going forward

It'd be fun to have him and Dietrich back home. Shaw and Santana would be a 1B/DH pairing that I'd be comfortable with this year, and Dietrich would be looking really nice in our outfield right now.

Mazel Tov to Joey Gallo for finally reaching this milestone shortly after his 100th homer.

Question. Did Gio Urshela ever show any kind of hitting potential in the minors? I know with us he was known for his glove, but his hitting, not so much. He didnt do anything with Toronto either. What he us doing in NY this year just has me scratching my head.

Question. Did Gio Urshela ever show any kind of hitting potential in the minors? I know with us he was known for his glove, but his hitting, not so much. He didnt do anything with Toronto either. What he us doing in NY this year just has me scratching my head.

Offensively?

No, not really. But he’s coming back down to earth a bit after a good month to start the year.

Offensively?

No, not really. But he’s coming back down to earth a bit after a good month to start the year.

Still hitting .324 this month in 80 plate appearances

Fuck fuck fuck.

I'm at a bar watching Astros Cubs. A very small child/baby was hit by a line drive foul.

Players were emotionally shaken and mother ran up stands with the kid......

Fuck fuck fuck

Fuck fuck fuck.

I'm at a bar watching Astros Cubs. A very small child/baby was hit by a line drive foul.

Players were emotionally shaken and mother ran up stands with the kid......

Fuck fuck fuck
Uuuh that’s terrible to hear

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."