• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Your 2019 Cleveland Indians

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Notable trolls of this board purposely come here to stir it up.

Some of them create alt accounts specifically to troll.

Not all that odd compared to much of Cleveland's infatuation with hating on the Indians, really. It's pretty strange nonetheless.

Don't have much interest in the false victimization being claimed here, especially from some of the folks who participate in the "alt-troll account" stuff.
Can we please #blowitupnow

So Ingraham:

- Used an out-of-context Dolan quote as the theme of his article.

- Compared losing Lindor to losing Brantley

- Says ownership should trade Lindor

Absolutely we need to trade Frankie by deadline. He’s not resining. Indians need to capitalize on him. I hate it but it’s time to really blow it up.

We have always been a second half team, but we really need to help change the culture right now in a sense. Trading Bauer is the opposite of what we need to do. The FO needs to buy smartly and upgrade this roster asap. I think that faith in them would at least give the team a jolt of morale.
You will join reality by July. Time to rebuild and replenish the minor league system. You can hold onto faith all you want. The right thing to do is to trade Bauer and yes start looking for deals for Lindor for this year or next offseason unless the plan is actually to sign him to an extension. Lindor can fetch two- three future everyday players that can help shape a new window. Holding onto these guys will only delay the next time the franchise is ready to contend.

You will join reality by July. Time to rebuild and replenish the minor league system. You can hold onto faith all you want. The right thing to do is to trade Bauer and yes start looking for deals for Lindor for this year or next offseason unless the plan is actually to sign him to an extension. Lindor can fetch two- three future everyday players that can help shape a new window. Holding onto these guys will only delay the next time the franchise is ready to contend.

Either we sell all or not at all is all I need to say when it comes to that.

#Shouldhavewentallin2016
Eh, as much as I criticize the Indians you can't say anything about 2016. They went all in, or certainly tried to...it's impossible to understate how massive an acquisition Miller was, and they aggressively pursued Lucroy. With one more healthy starting pitcher we would have been champs.

They doubled down in '17 by signing prized-FA EE and committing big money to Boone Logan before bringing in Jay Bruce and Joe Smith. That team was loaded and if '16 wasn't our year, '17 should have been. Can't blame Dolan's pocketbooks for the team massively choking.

Eh, as much as I criticize the Indians you can't say anything about 2016. They went all in, or certainly tried to...it's impossible to understate how massive an acquisition Miller was, and they aggressively pursued Lucroy. With one more healthy starting pitcher we would have been champs.

They doubled down in '17 by signing prized-FA EE and committing big money to Boone Logan before bringing in Jay Bruce and Joe Smith. That team was loaded and if '16 wasn't our year, '17 should have been. Can't blame Dolan's pocketbooks for the team massively choking.
I don’t think he is blaming the owner at all. The players had a 3 1 lead and could not close. Then in 17 they blew a 2-0 lead in a best of 5 to a team they had no business losing to. I don’t blame the owners one bit for 16 and 17. They put a World Series contender on the field and the team blew two golden chances.
Now that the team is no longer contending for a title, it is time to do what is best long term and rebuild.

@ajz20 @bushwick_bill @JMoneyYourHoney

You know in 16 we were 28-24 right at this time of the season? Didn't look like division winners then i could tell ya that much!

Also we are 2 games back of the Wild Card spot at the moment, and really only 7 team in contention for the 5 spots (two wild card spots) to get into the playoff correct? Yet we all want to blow up the team when we can make the playoffs still.

I guess I am not looking at reality when I say we are still in the playoff race, or is the fact we aren't a top 3 team enough to say screw it time to fire sale? The top 3 team doesn't always win, it is the team who is hot at the end of the season who has a tendency to win it all.

@ajz20 @bushwick_bill @JMoneyYourHoney

You know in 16 we were 28-24 right at this time of the season? Didn't look like division winners then i could tell ya that much!

Also we are 2 games back of the Wild Card spot at the moment, and really only 7 team in contention for the 5 spots (two wild card spots) to get into the playoff correct? Yet we all want to blow up the team when we can make the playoffs still.

I guess I am not looking at reality when I say we are still in the playoff race, or is the fact we aren't a top 3 team enough to say screw it time to fire sale? The top 3 team doesn't always win, it is the team who is hot at the end of the season who has a tendency to win it all.
Look at all the advanced stats and the lineup. There is not enough talent to win a World Series. Yes in theory maybe you could finish ahead of Boston for the second wild card, but I think they are 5 to 7 games better by the end of the year. Honestly you are closer to the White Sox then the twins .

This lineup is no where near the 16 one. Plus the division is better. The anything can happen philosophy is not a good enough argument not to refill your minor league system with added talent that will be ready three to four years from now.

#Shouldhavewentallin2016

Did we not? We traded a haul for Miller. Traded for Lucroy, but obv he didn’t want to come here, which worked out better for us.

We were down to 1.5 starters in our rotation basically. Not much you can do there. I mean what else should we have done? Doesn’t help when Frankie goes 0-5 in game 7.

Did we not? We traded a haul for Miller. Traded for Lucroy, but obv he didn’t want to come here, which worked out better for us.

We were down to 1.5 starters in our rotation basically. Not much you can do there. I mean what else should we have done? Doesn’t help when Frankie goes 0-5 in game 7.
I actually mis read the hashtag and thought he wrote should have won it all in 16. I wonder if that is what he meant.

Look at all the advanced stats and the lineup. There is not enough talent to win a World Series. Yes in theory maybe you could finish ahead of Boston for the second wild card, but I think they are 5 to 7 games better by the end of the year. Honestly you are closer to the White Sox then the twins .

This lineup is no where near the 16 one. Plus the division is better. The anything can happen philosophy is not a good enough argument not to refill your minor league system with added talent that will be ready three to four years from now.

Tell me what was that lineup with the 16 indians at this time? Also on paper are the Twins really better than the 16 Tigers who were supposed to win the division before the season started?

Lineup loss is mostly limited to Brantley. Alonso has been terrible as has Gomes, Chisenhall hasn't played an inning and Santana/EE is a wash. Diaz is a loss but he didn't play much last year and Luplow has picked much of that difference when he's played. Biggest differences IMO are: loss of Brantley, JRam sucking, Martin returning to normal form, and Lindor missing a month. Plus Kipnis hasn't gotten hot as he did in the second half last year. But if we had kept Gomes, EE, Alonso and Chisenhall, while losing Brantley (and not adding Carlos, Luplow or Bauers), we wouldn't be much better than we are now offensively. So Ingraham's argument seems to boil down to: they should have kept Brantley. Well, duh.

Kipnis got hot last year? He got some hits off the white Sox’s call ups and it’s hot?
My god.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."