• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The nba doesn't have a value chart like the NFL. The value changes every draft and it can dramatically change from team to team.

I think the tiers in this draft are Zion then Morant/Barrett then Culver/Hunter/Reddish/White/Garland are in either one or two differnet tiers based on the teams. I think there is a pretty big drop in talent from #8 to #9. Then I could see another talent drop in the mid teens somewhere.
Stop, the value chart always matters and is based off current and historical data. Please don't lie my friend. As of today, tomorrow, especially in this draft, the draft chart says this is a massive win for the team with 10/17.

I have a draft board, After 3, the tier is pretty even from 4-23. It's about fits, polish and potential. Little could be #21 but he could be #5. Just one of those classes. I don't get the indication that anyone after #3 is locked in at any spot.

Sorry but I don't see a drop from 8 to 9. I see a wing and PG positional drop but not a talent drop.

Edit: really from 9 to 10. You have a wing and PG drop, but 2/4/5 is still extremely strong.

Nas/Cam/R.J./Hunter/Culver are your higher end wings.
Zion/Sekou/Clarke/Rui/P.J. are your higher end PF's
Bol/Hayes/Goga/Kabs/Bruno are your higher end C's
Morant/Garland/White are your higher end PG's
NAW/Herro/KPJ/Keldon/Romeo are your higher end SG's

The reason why Sekou would is one of the most talented players is at 9-10 is because 1-8 don't need PFs.
Cleveland might which is why they want to move down. (Value)

Last edited:
Reactions: MrX
I honestly believe that Sexton's sustainable post All-Star break play and 40% 3-point shooting season would have him at #5-#6 in this current draft.
If you take Sexton's play after the Cavs added Brandon Knight, where as you noted, he became a 40% three-point shooter, I think he'd probably a top 2-3 player in this draft. Think about it, a guy who can create his own shot that is a smart shooter, hard worker, and excellent three-point shooter!

I was really hard on Sexton. I still do not believe he can ever become a positive defender nor does he have the vision to be a team's primary pick-and-roll facilitator. BUT, the kid is talented, and even if he only improves a bit more from here on, his shooting ability will make him a high-end rotation player for a decade. I also believe his scoring off drives will improve this year and then you get into high-end shooting guard territory.

His biggest problem will be his defense. It's why he was still a net negative during March and April. Even during that stretch, Sexton was still the worst defensive player in the NBA, and one of the worst defensive starters in NBA history. If he cannot fix his defense, he will not even max out as a net neutral player.

(Side note: this is why I am so concerned about drafting Garland. Sexton works hard on defense, but he just does not have the physical profile to succeed, and Garland is more or less the same. If the Cavs believe in Sexton, which I think they should, then drafting a wing like Hunter or Culver makes much more sense.)

If he becomes even below average on defense, my guess is that as long as he continues to shoot smart and maintains a 38-40% three-point percentage, Sexton ends up at the level of an Eric Bledsoe or CJ McCollum. Bledsoe is criminally underrated, but both players are traditionally +5 win shares players. That should be a multi-time all-star level player. HIs ceiling, though, is probably a +7-8 win shares player, which gets to second/third-best player on a title team level (Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson, etc.).

Maybe, but if NO seems to keep the pick and Hawks valued Hunter but Pels may want too much for the pick then that means it would be White/Garland/Reddish and Culver. If the Cavs are interested in moving back then they would be the best for asset heavy team to lock into their guy. If that is Culver or Cam, we don't know. Now clearly, Atlanta could sit at 8 and get Cam or Culver but if they want both, they will clearly have to move up and if Cleveland wants more assets, they will have to move back. It's all about what the team wants.

Atlanta can't trade up if the other team doesn't want to. Same for Cleveland or any team.

I agree with this but you have to realize that if the Hawks want pick their guy it's going to most likely cost #8 and #17 at minimum. I just don't see the Cavs moving out of the tier completely, they might be happy taking whoever is left from Culver, White, Reddish, Garland, and Hunter but I think they want one of those guys. #10 basically means they won't get one of those guys and the value (#17) won't be there to move down.
If there is competition for the #5 pick from the Bulls and Suns the Hawks most likely will have to offer #8 and #10. The Bulls will offer a future draft pick which probably projects to be better than #17. The Suns can offer their own protected pick or the Bucks 2020 pick but to only move down one spot the Cavs will still have their pick of 3 guys left in that tier.

Stop, the value chart always matters and is based off current and historical data. Please don't lie my friend. As of today, tomorrow, especially in this draft, the draft chart says this is a massive win for the team with 10/17.

I have a draft board, After 3, the tier is pretty even from 4-23. It's about fits, polish and potential. Little could be #21 but he could be #5. Just one of those classes. I don't get the indication that anyone after #3 is locked in at any spot.

Sorry but I don't see a drop from 8 to 9. I see a wing and PG positional drop but not a talent drop.

Edit: really from 9 to 10. You have a wing and PG drop, but 2/4/5 is still extremely strong.

Nas/Cam/R.J./Hunter/Culver are your higher end wings.
Zion/Sekou/Clarke/Rui/P.J. are your higher end PF's
Bol/Hayes/Goga/Kabs/Bruno are your higher end C's
Morant/Garland/White are your higher end PG's
NAW/Herro/KPJ/Keldon/Romeo are your higher end SG's

The reason why Sekou would is one of the most talented players is at 9-10 is because 1-8 don't need PFs.
Cleveland might which is why they want to move down. (Value)

What is the value chart say about moving down from #3 to #5 last year for #10? I know I heard the Hawks thought that the pick would project at that level when they made the trade

I can't see the cavs making any trade with Atlanta that doesn't include 8,,,they aren't going any lower than 8. Atlanta fan can fantasize all they want like 10 and 17 for 5 but there is no way in hell that's happening.
Plus the other thing is, I doubt the Cavs would trade Love in the division, which is something most teams don't like to do.

I agree with this but you have to realize that if the Hawks want pick their guy it's going to most likely cost #8 and #17 at minimum. I just don't see the Cavs moving out of the tier completely, they might be happy taking whoever is left from Culver, White, Reddish, Garland, and Hunter but I think they want one of those guys. #10 basically means they won't get one of those guys and the value (#17) won't be there to move down.
If there is competition for the #5 pick from the Bulls and Suns the Hawks most likely will have to offer #8 and #10. The Bulls will offer a future draft pick which probably projects to be better than #17. The Suns can offer their own protected pick or the Bucks 2020 pick but to only move down one spot the Cavs will still have their pick of 3 guys left in that tier.
8 is not available at any cost unless you get R.J. but you would just take him and close shop so, yeah, 8 is not available.

Crazy how Garland stock has risen but his gametape and talent, he does have all star potential. I honestly, thought he would fall to 5 but nvm.

Lol. Sure Garland is in consideration for the third pick...Everyone in the NBA knows they are taking RJ Barrett

Garland is better. Maybe Knicks are wiser then the media. Doubtful since they are the Knicks. Sometimes the obvious pick is the wrong pick. Barrett is not going to be a top 5 player from this draft.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."