• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#126 - Howard Wilson, CB, Houston

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Great turnover machine, but 4.57 is slow for a corner. I prefer the guys who have good ball instincts later, because you never know.

@PFF: Pick 126: The Browns select Houston CB Howard Wilson. #BrownsDraft

QBs had a passer rating of 45.1 when targeting Wilson, 13th-best in CFB.

Great turnover machine, but 4.57 is slow for a corner. I prefer the guys who have good ball instincts later, because you never know.

Speed is less important than size and ball skills in a press man and press zone coverage, which is what Gregg Williams wants to install.

Browns spent a lot of money upgrading the OL in free agency. Looks like the Browns decided to address the lack of run defense head-on in the draft. Garrett sets a great edge, Peppers is great on run defense as a SS, and we then got one of the best interior run defenders in the draft.

Definite plan/strategy.

Is this the least polarizing Browns pick since Myles Garrett?

Is this the least polarizing Browns pick since Myles Garrett?

He was probably the last starting-caliber outside corner left in the draft who isn't a huge project, so this is pretty damn close to a no brainer. I wouldn't mind this team picking a free safety to replace Felix Wright, but an outside corner in the 4th is great value.

he screams free safety...

I dont know anything about this guy, so can someone tell me whats good about him and why he ended up going until the fourth?

Wilson is coming off an ACL tear one year ago, which caused some scouts some worry. He needs to work on his strength, you can see that on a quick eye test. He has wiry arms, needs to get in the weight room to be better in press coverage. The good news is that he seems to like tackling and getting physical. Some defensive backs might look like Tarzan but play like Jane against the run.

What's with the Tarzan/Jane phenomenon I'm seeing lately? Who originally said this that it's now proliferating amateur internet scouting?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."