• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2013 Bynum Safari™

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew Bynum...a wise choice?

• Hell yes! Championship baby!!

Votes: 34 12.3%
  • If healthy, he can be a HUGE asset. ALL BOWLING ALLEYS WILL BE BARBER SHOPS IN CLEVELAND!

Votes: 204 73.9%
  • Hell no! He'll get injured again..

Votes: 55 19.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wremy

Draymond's touched more weiners than Joey Chestnut
Reaction score
Mods move if needed...seen Oden thread so not sure if this OK...anyway

Are any of you interested in the Cavs making a big offer to Bynum or is his injury history just way too much of a risk IYO to even consider bringing him to Cleveland?...obviously we wanted him to supposedly sign an extension before we would trade and at the moment it looks good that we passed seeing how he hasn't played but would you be excited if we brung him aboard next year?....and IYO how would that effect a Love signing (which would mean a TT and or Andy trade) or a LeBron signing(which I'm against)....what do you guys think?...just posted this because I heard a snippet on 850 from Mike and Mike where they were talking about how bad the 76ers are and how they thought Bynum was gonna be an MVP candidate this year and they are wondering how bad Philly feels and who would make a run at Bynum this off-season

Re: Andrew Bynum

I t would really shackle our cap space and prevent us from having the flexibility we desire in the trade deadline and summer of 2104. The injury risk, along with the fact that Houston is willing to offer him big money, makes me want to pass. If he was healthy, it would be a different question!

Way too big of a question mark right now.

The difference between Bynum and Oden is that while both are oft injured, Oden won't be looking for some stupid franchise to back the Brinks trunk up for him like Bynum expects. So to sum up:

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

no-no-no-HELL-NO.gif

oh-god-no.gif

tumblr_m9fr0jc2rV1rekmw4o1_500.gif

tumblr_m0s8cmywFE1r9kt29o1_r2_500.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14014-1361549005-0.gif

Jack+Sparrow+Scared.gif

mma_no_gif.gif

He's not getting a big contract unless he plays some games this season and shows the knee is healthy

He's not getting a big contract unless he plays some games this season and shows the knee is healthy

Sure he will. NBA GMs can't help themselves. He'll get 4yrs 50M on the low side...max on the high side.

Moving this...

Last edited:

Assuming he doesn't play this season, I wonder what he would say to an offer of 1 year @ the most money we could offer. Gives us a very low-risk, high-reward guy, without sacrificing 2014. In the meantime, Bynum makes like 14M to show he can still play.

The max I'd offer him is a 1yr/8mil until he proves he can stay healthy. He and Howard are two huge question marks for next season.

It's great that you guys would give Bynum a 1 year deal. Except for the fact that he's gonna get 3 minimum or 4 or 5 most likely..

Well I figured he might be interested in a 1 year, 14M deal, over a 3 year, 24. If he thinks he can repair his reputation with a strong 2013, it might be too tempting for him to pass up.

Well I figured he might be interested in a 1 year, 14M deal, over a 3 year, 24. If he thinks he can repair his reputation with a strong 2013, it might be too tempting for him to pass up.

He'll probably get a max deal from someone this summer.

The guy is definitely talented but I would be very hesitant to give him a big deal right now. And I would be surprised if someone doesn't offer him a max deal. I would rather keep the flexibility for the 2014 trade deadline and free agent class.

He'll probably get a max deal from someone this summer.

Houston is considering it. Risky move for a team that suffered through Yao and TMac.

I heard he weighs about 315. Personally, I wouldn't offer him a 4 year MLE contract.

Andrew Bynum has swelling in his knee, says he may not play this season

Kurt Helin

Mar 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EST

8 Comments

AP

Welcome to the Sixers nightmare.

Their worst-case scenario was to trade Andre Iguodala and other young players and get nothing from Andrew Bynum because his nagging knee injuries flared up. Now that’s exactly where we are.

Andrew Bynum admitted Friday that he had some swelling after recent practice, reports Dei Lynam and John Gonzalez of CSNPhilly.com. He has stopped all basketball activities and is using ice and rehabilitation to get the swelling down.

Houston is considering it. Risky move for a team that suffered through Yao and TMac.

I heard he weighs about 315. Personally, I wouldn't offer him a 4 year MLE contract.

Kid doesn't love the game, he loves the money. Anybody that signs this guy long term will see him in street clothes on the bench well over 50% of the games he's under contract for. He just doesn't have the passion needed for the game, it's more than obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."