• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2016-17 NBA Coaching Carousel

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tornicade

2018 RBF League Champion
Reaction score
so coming in for next season
Nets- Kenny Atkinson
Twolves- Tom Thibodaeu
Wizards- Scott Brooks
Lakers- Luke Walton
Kings-Joerger
Rockets-Mark D'antonio
Pacers-Nate Mcmilian
Grizzlies-David Fizdale
Orlando-Frank Vogel
Knicks-Jeff Hornacek

Last edited:
On my phone but heard this Joerger fellow will be pursued vigorously by Sacramento -- or did I read wrong?

jeeM5jMw_normal.jpeg
Adrian Wojnarowski

‎@WojVerticalNBA
Sources: For second time in three years, Joerger was seeking Memphis permission to talk with other teams on vacancies. Grizzlies let him go.

10:06 AM - 7 May 2016

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA 3h3 hours ago
Sacramento has been pushing hard for permission to speak to Dave Joerger and he's moved to top of Kings' list, sources tell @TheVertical.

On my phone but heard this Joerger fellow will be pursued vigorously by Sacramento -- or did I read wrong?

You read right...and Memphis plans to go after Vogel.

So, names linked to the openings we are currently at:

Sacto: Blatt, Henry Bibby, Mark Jackson, Nate McMillan, Hornacek, Ewing, Joeger
NY: Rambis, Blatt, Jackson, Vogel
Memphis: Vogel
Houston: Jeff Van Gundy, Blatt, Vogel, Hornacek, D'Antoni, Stephen Silas, Kenny Smith (potentially an interviewee)
Indy: Ettore Messina, D'Antoni

so If the Grizzlies do get Vogel. Does Conley still hit the highway?

I wouldn't even wanna be a head coach in today's NBA.

One: Only 3 or 4 teams have the talent to even win a ring.

Two: Guys are getting like 3 years tops to change a team but at the same time a lot of front offices are not going all out to accommodate their coach. Dan Gilbert and the Cavs is the exception and honestly it should be more the norm. Let's look at the Kings and George Karl. They gave him what a freaking year and barely changed their roster. They got Rondo but cmon, congratulations for getting a guy that no one wanted. And congratulations to the Kings franchise for somehow taking 8 years to get Demarcus Cousins a true pedigreed vet

I wouldn't even wanna be a head coach in today's NBA.

One: Only 3 or 4 teams have the talent to even win a ring.

Two: Guys are getting like 3 years tops to change a team but at the same time a lot of front offices are not going all out to accommodate their coach. Dan Gilbert and the Cavs is the exception and honestly it should be more the norm. Let's look at the Kings and George Karl. They gave him what a freaking year and barely changed their roster. They got Rondo but cmon, congratulations for getting a guy that no one wanted. And congratulations to the Kings franchise for somehow taking 8 years to get Demarcus Cousins a true pedigreed vet

4 million dollars a year to sit/stand court side at NBA games at least 82 times a year and travel all around the country...yeah, I would never want to do that...

4 million dollars a year to sit/stand court side at NBA games at least 82 times a year and travel all around the country...yeah, I would never want to do that...
Then you realize coaches aren't normal dudes. Most are rich and take pride in coaching good teams

Of course normal ppl like you and me wouldn't mind coaching a shit team for 3 years and collecting a check. I'd happily go 0-82 if I was making 3 million

Then you realize coaches aren't normal dudes. Most are rich and take pride in coaching good teams

Of course normal ppl like you and me wouldn't mind coaching a shit team for 3 years and collecting a check. I'd happily go 0-82 if I was making 3 million

Hell no man...I wouldn't do it just to collect a check...I'm a historian with a doctorate focused on military tactics and strategy...critical thinking, plans of attack, defensive strategies, reserve strategies, and coming up with ideas on the fly...that's my shit, and that's what coaching is. All team sporting events are are more humane versions of battles. Why they call your leader the "floor or field general"...why you hear multiple military themed cliches from athletes and coaches every time they talk...

I'd take so much more enjoyment in the actual profession than the perks and money that came with it...I was just trying to make a joke with the initial post...I mean, I love coaching my high school team enough as is...but coaching an NBA team, or even a college team? With all that time to prepare and all the ideas and schemes you can come up with since your life revolves around it...that sounds like a shit ton of fun to me....

Assistant coach is the sweet job. Much easier

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."