• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2016 Game #9 | #6 Ohio State vs. #10 Nebraska | November 4th, 2016 @ 8 PM

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
Sorry that I can't make a proper thread. I'm on my phone tailgating.

Go Bucks!

Jesus i hope Armstrong is ok

So, serious question here. What has happened to Barrett? As a freshman I remember his long passes were a thing of beauty. He would hit receivers in stride, right over the shoulder... it was a thing of beauty to watch.

And as he's progressed through his career, his passing accuracy has turned to absolute shit. If the receiver is more than 15 yds down field, I cringe every time he throws because it seems like he rarely connects with them.

Am I just remembering things wrong, or has he legitimately become ass?

So, serious question here. What has happened to Barrett? As a freshman I remember his long passes were a thing of beauty. He would hit receivers in stride, right over the shoulder... it was a thing of beauty to watch.

And as he's progressed through his career, his passing accuracy has turned to absolute shit. If the receiver is more than 15 yds down field, I cringe every time he throws because it seems like he rarely connects with them.

Am I just remembering things wrong, or has he legitimately become ass?

Mike Thomas, Jalin Marshall, Evan Spencer, Jeff Heuerman, Nick Vannett and, most importantly, Tom Herman have moved on.

Mike Thomas, Jalin Marshall, Evan Spencer, Jeff Heuerman, Nick Vannett and, most importantly, Tom Herman have moved on.
I get what you're saying, but that shouldn't affect his passing accuracy. I mean just tonight, there have been at least three plays where receivers were WIDE open down field, he throws the pass, and it's not even close. I mean like not even within 5 yds of the receiver.

Nebraska be like "Can we go back to the Big 12?"

Was at the game. Smokeshow. Hooker with another pick 6!

Our last two games against Nebraska we've scored 125 points. Lawl.

I get what you're saying, but that shouldn't affect his passing accuracy. I mean just tonight, there have been at least three plays where receivers were WIDE open down field, he throws the pass, and it's not even close. I mean like not even within 5 yds of the receiver.

Yes and no.

I think last night the receivers did a better job of being in sync and letting Barrett throw it to a spot.

That's more of what this offense is over anything else, throwing it to a spot where the receiver makes a play. If receivers are constantly off in the timing of their routes and not finding those spots, the passing game suffers.

They need that WR group to step up and be more consistent.

Any thoughts on Hill getting more PT? He looked pretty solid last night.

He's getting a chance and made something of it. Encouraging to see

He's getting a chance and made something of it. Encouraging to see
Especially after the ankle injury and surgery earlier this year. I remember fans here seemed pretty amped up about him during his HS recruitment. I'm very much chomping at the bit for some better WR play, especially if you think that may be the primary issue causing JT's inconsistency.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."