• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2016 NBA Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think both will be poor man's versions of their comparisons lbj and kd. I think Simmons might put up stat lines like giannis does but weather that translates to wins for a team as bad as pills on not sure. He lacks the fire needed to lead a gutter team on his own

I think both will be poor man's versions of their comparisons lbj and kd. I think Simmons might put up stat lines like giannis does but weather that translates to wins for a team as bad as pills on not sure. He lacks the fire needed to lead a gutter team on his own
Issue I have with Simmons is that, not only is he a horrendous shooter, but he has very average court vision. So, when I look at him, I see a tremendous athlete that is willing to pass up a bad shot for a better shot. He's definitely going to be a playmaker in the league, but, I don't know what that means as a player. I could see him becoming someone very similar to Andre Iguodala.

I agree, somewhat, on Ingram. I don't see him ever becoming a Kevin Durant-level player. His basketball IQ is going to need a lot of work, he's going to need to add quite a bit of muscle, but his shooting and length are both outstanding. He also has the talent to make good passes, his BBIQ is just too low for that to have really been a factor in college, hence why Grayson Allen handled the ball more this season.

Guys like Kris Dunn, Buddy Hield, Jaylen Brown, Denzel Valentine, and even ones who are going to be later like Thon Maker, Tyler Ulis, and Michael Gbinije all have the potential to become better NBA pros than Simmons and Ingram.

Ultimately, I do think one of Simmons and Ingram becomes a superstar, but the other becomes nothing more than a solid starter.

Expecting some fairly significant moves to be made on draft day.

I think Simmons has become criminally underrated by the general public. He's an incredibly talented player.

He's a great fit as a 4 and small ball 5 in today's NBA.

He's definitely a better nba than college fit

I think Simmons has become criminally underrated by the general public. He's an incredibly talented player.

He's a great fit as a 4 and small ball 5 in today's NBA.
I actually agree with this, and I don't think Simmons will be a superstar. Here is my point: I keep hearing Simmons is the next LeBron, and I think that's nuts, but I can see him being as talented as a prime Iggy, but who plays in the modern era. Simmons is going to be very, very good, I just don't see him becoming a NBA top-30 superstar.

I actually agree with this, and I don't think Simmons will be a superstar. Here is my point: I keep hearing Simmons is the next LeBron, and I think that's nuts, but I can see him being as talented as a prime Iggy, but who plays in the modern era. Simmons is going to be very, very good, I just don't see him becoming a NBA top-30 superstar.

I haven't been seeing any next LeBron projections. I've seen comparisons to their playing style, but it seems to be the general consensus that they are on different tiers talent wise. I haven't seen nearly as much hype surrounding him.

I haven't been seeing any next LeBron projections. I've seen comparisons to their playing style, but it seems to be the general consensus that they are on different tiers talent wise. I haven't seen nearly as much hype surrounding him.
Really? Maybe it's because I listen to ESPN and The Ringer, but the comparison I keep hearing is Simmons = LBJ, and Ingram = KD. Those comparisons are bullshit, but I think the Simmons one is sticking.

Really? Maybe it's because I listen to ESPN and The Ringer, but the comparison I keep hearing is Simmons = LBJ, and Ingram = KD. Those comparisons are bullshit, but I think the Simmons one is sticking.

Chad Ford didn't even put Ingram in tier 1, which is reserved for guys with potential to be perennial all-stars. Simmons was put there, but the names he's alongside are guys like Jabari, Wiggins, Blake Griffin, and John Wall. Seems about right to me.

Expecting some fairly significant moves to be made on draft day.
Expecting Celtics to try to get a star player. Lakers will probably try to get a star player. Also 76ers seem to be aggressive. A lot of teams with multiple picks. And outside of the top 2, the draft is pretty flexible. And outside of the top 8 players, anyone could be drafted anywhere.

This should be a crazy draft. If there is a player we value really high but ends up dropping, I hope we can get a pick.

Know that most people are still in celebration mode, but any idea who we would be targeting if we are indeed trying to buy a late first rounder?

Know that most people are still in celebration mode, but any idea who we would be targeting if we are indeed trying to buy a late first rounder?
Some of it probably depends on our free agency situation if we can keep Delly and JR. Or if we trade Shump or Moz. If everyone stays, I'd guess we want a back up SF type that could possibly play multiple positions. Valentine, Luwawu, Prince, or Bembry. I don't know a ton of guys, but I'm pretty sold on Valentine and Prince.

If we trade Moz, or even if we don't, probably a lot of decent centers in this draft we could take. I wouldn't mind replacing Kaun or someone on our bench with a center who has some potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."