• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2016 NBA Offseason

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes Indiana less scary... but maybe they're trying to position hard for KD.

Shows the hawks are expecting to lose horford to FA i think. Wonder if houston look to try and get him with howard opting out. I think we could have a lot of player movement this offseaon

Great move for Utah. They've been desperate for any sort of PG production.

This is just huge for Utah. Hill is long, a good defender, and a smart passer. Utah's guard wing rotation is fantastic: Hill, Hood (who had a great breakout season this year), Exum, Hayward, Trey Lyles, and Shelvin Mack. They're all good defenders and can create offense.

Additionally, Utah has needed a good point guard since Deron Williams. This was a steal for the Jazz.

Atlanta seems to be rebuilding. Wouldn't be surprised to see Millsap and Korver dangled in trades.

I don't understand this trade for Indiana. Partnering Teague with Ellis - two inefficient scorers who need the ball in their hands to be at their best - partnered with Paul George seems like a bad idea. This offseason has been filled with reactionary moves so far for Bird.

Teague is a pretty good player, I wouldn't undersell him. His career scoring efficiency is barely a notch below Kyrie's. The real question mark with him is his health right now given that he was playing on a partially torn patella tendon.

Teague is a pretty good player, I wouldn't undersell him. His career scoring efficiency is barely a notch below Kyrie's. The real question mark with him is his health right now given that he was playing on a partially torn patella tendon.
If I'm correct, Teague's best season in terms of TS% was last year (2014-15), when he ranked 22nd in all guards. This year, he ranked 46th (numbers off the top of my head but I was reading it awhile ago) amongst all guards. Every year prior to that he was not in the top fifty guards in terms of shooting efficiency. Maybe he isn't "inefficient," but to call him "efficient" is equally fallacious.

I'm not saying Teague is a bad player, he's not, and he's arguably a better talent than Hill, but I don't think so for Indiana. I hope I'm wrong, I like the Pacers a lot and love Paul George, I just don't see how this fits. George needs a bunch of 3+D guys along with a point guard that, frankly, doesn't really need to shoot. I honestly think George Hill was a perfect point guard for Paul George. The thing is, they needed another reliable shooter who can lead the offense when PG is off the court, I just don't know if point guard is the right position to do that.

Derrick Rose is gone!! Traded to the Knicks for Lopez, Calderon and other pieces. Looks like Bulls are full on rebuilding now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."