• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-2018 Jersey Ads (Cavs choose Goodyear)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Hopefully it isn't as bad as I think it is. I just wonder how big the ads are, where they will go, and where does the money go from the ads.

Long overdue. Only a matter of time before MLB and the NFL follow suit.

The good thing for us is that we know Dan will reinvest the money, so it's good for us that this is happening.

Hopefully it isn't as bad as I think it is. I just wonder how big the ads are, where they will go, and where does the money go from the ads.

2.5 inches by 2.5 inches and I think they'll go on the shoulder area like the Finals patches.

2.5 inches by 2.5 inches and I think they'll go on the shoulder area like the Finals patches.
That isn't too bad then. I thought it was going to take up like half the jersey. I probably freaked out for nothing.

The question is will Dan use one of his own companies or sell it off to the highest bidder. Would be funny for Lebron to play with a Pepsi logo on his shirt for example

The question is will Dan use one of his own companies or sell it off to the highest bidder. Would be funny for Lebron to play with a Pepsi logo on his shirt for example
Yeah, when you think about it it's kind of a fascinating situation. And certainly could be a conflict of interest for the players and their sponsorship.

Yeah, when you think about it it's kind of a fascinating situation. And certainly could be a conflict of interest for the players and their sponsorship.

Messi is an adidas guy that plays in Nike shirts. Christiano Ronaldo is a Nike guy that plays in adidas shirts.

Those are both jersey deals done by the teams. Players just have to roll with it.

Messi is an adidas guy that plays in Nike shirts. Christiano Ronaldo is a Nike guy that plays in adidas shirts.

Those are both jersey deals done by the teams. Players just have to roll with it.
Oh I know.

These jersey's will have Nike checks too, though.

Imagine a jersey with a Nike check AND an Adidas logo... :chuckle:

I'm hoping the bulls get sponsored by vagisil

I'm hoping the bulls get sponsored by vagisil
I can hear it now:

...Now everyone get up. On. your. feet... And get LOUD... For your Clevelaaaaaand Cash-Loans-For-Car-Titles Cavalieeeeeeerrrssss!!!!

I always wondered how much a huge corporation like PepsiCo would pay a prominent player to change their last name to their product.

Someone who is extremely young, gathers a lot of media attention (but is actually good at their sport so they will stick around for a while-aka no Manziel), and projects to be in the spotlight for quite a few years. Obviously the deal would double as them being featured in commercials etc.

Someone like Bryce Harper changing his name to Bryce Pepsi. Basically every inning the announcer is saying the word "Pepsi." Pepsi wins the homerun derby. Pepsi just started his 11th straight all star game.

Plus it would generate a shit ton of media attention as being the first time something like this happened. That company's name would be all over the news.

I feel like that could easily approach a billion dollar contract.

Imagine a jersey with a Nike check AND an Adidas logo... :chuckle:

Or just combine the two, like a cheap chinese ripoff :chuckle:

DRcnXRS.png

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."