• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Game #1 | #2 Ohio State @ Indiana | August 31st, 2017 @ 8 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
Its-Back-660x400.png

2017 Game #1

ohio_state.png
indiana_hoosiers.png

#2 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) vs. Indiana Hoosiers (0-0)

Head Coaches
UOtr3kdX

Urban Meyer (165-29; 61-6) vs. Tom Allen (0-1)
Thursday, August 31st, 2017 @ 8:00 PM EST on ESPN
Live from Memorial Stadium in Bloomington, Indiana
SECOND-MEMORIAL-STADIUM-061616.jpg

Key Positional Matchup
FDcvSjVi

Parris Campbell vs. Nick Westbrook

SCORE PREDICTION
Ohio State 42 Indiana 17

Kinda nervous. I really don't want to have to watch an anemic offense again.

You are going to be pleasantly surprised.
It'll be awhile before we really know, though.

The offense looked pretty good until the Wisconsin & Penn State games (teams with an actual defense) last year.

I'm of the opinion that Wilson is going to really, and I mean really change things for the better. I can't dispute the wait-and-see perspective, but I think with some of the talent (which needs to prove itself of course) there is some unreal potential.

I'm of the opinion that Wilson is going to really, and I mean really change things for the better. I can't dispute the wait-and-see perspective, but I think with some of the talent (which needs to prove itself of course) there is some unreal potential.
Oh, I agree. I am extremely optimistic.

It'll be awhile before we really know, though.

The offense looked pretty good until the Wisconsin & Penn State games (teams with an actual defense) last year.
Rumor has it that Wilson has instituted a tempo offense this year to take advantage of Barrett's strengths. Should see a lot less standing around looking at the sideline between plays... you know, like we saw ALL THE FUCKING TIME last year. That drove me absolutely insane last season.

I've been hearing the offense will be "faster" for the last like three or four years. I'll believe it when I see it.

I've been hearing the offense will be "faster" for the last like three or four years. I'll believe it when I see it.

It feels like it has gotten progressively slower over the last two years especially after Herman left.
Last year felt like a downright slog at times, which IMO, played to JT's weaknesses. He's much better at reacting to what is in front of him vs. overthinking pre-snap, which was reflected in his regression last year.

Having a semblance of a passing game would certainly go a long way.

That's on Zach Smith, IMO. How you could have all that young talent last year and yet no one outside of Samuel made an impact in the passing game. If that trend continues this year, i'd start looking for a new WR coach.

Another position coach to watch is Stud. Curious to see where he takes the offensive line in his second season.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."