• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Series #4 -|- Indians vs. Tigers -|- April 14th, 15th, and 16th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
17661910_1874502289484276_170803462018170880_n.jpg
tigerslogo.png
Cleveland Indians (4-5) vs. Detroit Tigers (6-3)

Live from the Corner of Carnegie and Ontario...
619580034.jpg

Game #1 - April 14th, 2017 @ 7:10 PM
545333.jpg
596057.jpg

Trevor Bauer (0-1); 6.35 ERA; 7 K vs. Daniel Norris (0-0); 4.26 ERA; 2 K
Game #2 - April 15th, 2017 @ 4:10 PM
446372.jpg
434378.jpg

Corey Kluber (0-1); 5.25 ERA; 10 K vs. Justin Verlander (1-0); 1.35 ERA; 14 K
Game #3 - April 16th, 2017 @ 1:10 PM
471911.jpg
571510.jpg

Carlos Carrasco (1-0); 2.13 ERA; 14 K vs. Matt Boyd (1-1); 5.40 ERA; 8 K

The problem I see with this line-up right now is that Diaz, Almonte, Perez, Jackson are all #9 hitters. Once Kip gets back and with Lonnie/Guyer manning the 6/7 spot I think we'll be OK.

I don't think we'd be bumming that much about our hitting if the pitching wasn't giving up 10 runs a game.

The problem I see with this line-up right now is that Diaz, Almonte, Perez, Jackson are all #9 hitters. Once Kip gets back and with Lonnie/Guyer manning the 6/7 spot I think we'll be OK.

I don't think we'd be bumming that much about our hitting if the pitching wasn't giving up 10 runs a game.

Ummm.... Have you been watching the last few games? Almonte and Diaz are actually hitting the ball well right now. Carlos Santana and Lindor the first few games where driving in the 6-9 guys in the lineup and Santana hasn't been driving in those guys the last two series. Also Diaz is the second most at bats leading off an inning behind Santana so far.

Another stat that supports what I mean is this with their RISP stats, Carlos Santana is 2-11 with 2 walks with runners in scoring position, Lindor is 1-9 with a walk, Brantley is 3-8 with 2 walks, EE is 0-7 with 3 walks, Ramirez is 1-8 with 3 walks. Diaz is 1-8 (but is hitting .500 when leading off an inning), Almonte is 3-6 with 2 walks, Jackson is 1-4, Naquin 0-2, Guyer 0-4, Chisenhall 0-2, Gomes is 1-9 with a walk, Perez is 0-1. As a team we are 12-79 so as a team we are batting .1519 with runners in scoring position. I know that isn't exactly counting all the RBIs, but look through the boxscores, this team is getting on base and they aren't getting home. Last night, We had 12 hits 4 walks and only 4 runs total, so I wouldn't point out a few guys, it's everyone at the moment really.

The guy that has had the most opportunities is Santana at leadoff, which means our bottom of the order guys are getting on base. Outside of Almonte and Brantley, no one else is getting that hit with runners in scoring position. Lindor's only hit was that Grand Slam and that was because guys like Diaz got on base. Diaz and Almonte are third and fourth on the team in Runs behind Santana and Lindor. The point I am making is the fact that the bottom of the order guys aren't the issue, it's the fact as a whole this team isn't hitting when people are on base.

Last edited:
Indians also made a small move today, by sending Armstrong to the Minors and calling up Goody. I am not surprised to be sincere since they will float between a bunch of guys for that last bullpen spot. We may see guys like Garner, Crockett, Colon and if we need a spot starter then they move down the last bullpen guy to call up someone like Clevinger and Merritt then recall someone else up the next day. Now when a player is optioned down they have to stay down for 10 days unless someone moves to the DL then they are allowed to be recalled before those ten days is up. I expect also with who we have at the minors, if someone has has elbow soreness/shoulder soreness, we won't hesitate to use the 10 day DL

Bauer and Cabrera at it after one pitch. Will be interesting to pay attention to for the rest of the game.

Man this team is a snore fest.

Struggling team losing 1-0, feels like 5-0.

Josey has no chill on that shit swing.

Santana 2-11 with three walks for his RISP while Lindor is 1-10 with a walk for his RISP. Oh wellz!

Bauer probably tells himself after he makes a mistake, 'oh well, they're not going to score for me anyways'.

Kipnis isn't going to solve everything.

World Series hangover.

The switch: [OFF] ON

Maybe the team needs a bowling trip.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."