• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Spring Training Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BimboColesHair

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
C2oVvD0XUAAbY1N.jpg:large

View: https://twitter.com/Indians/status/827532826635538432

View: https://twitter.com/Indians/status/829812817670860800

Indians announce that Grady Sizemore will be in camp as an instructor.

The announcement comes on Valentines Day, which is brilliantly timed.

Hopefully he teaches them how to cover up their ding dong with a coffee mug

Hopefully he teaches them how to cover up their ding dong with a coffee mug

Hopefully he teaches Naquin how to properly track a flyball in CF again. Seems like he's lost his touch ever since he hurt himself running into a wall a few years ago in the minors.

To expand:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...cal-approach-michael-brantley-spring-training

Brantley's availability for the regular-season opener against Texas on April 3 will depend on the strides he's able to make in his rehab from surgery to repair a torn right biceps. The Indians will leave that part of the equation up to him.

"He's following the protocols the medical people put in place,'' Francona said. "By all accounts, he's doing everything. This kid has worked his ass off. We just need to be patient and allow him to try to get to the point where he can not only come back, but stay back.

He might not be ready for the season?

Is there anyone out there expecting this guy to ever play well for the Indians again?

Did you miss where they said the Indians expect him to be ready for the opener? That hasn't changed.

And yes...but nothing I say will stop the board from continuing to panic...

Did you miss where they said the Indians expect him to be ready for the opener? That hasn't changed.

And yes...but nothing I say will stop the board from continuing to panic...

I saw where they were "counting on him" to be ready, but not that they expect him to be. Which, even if they did say that, means nothing because they have been wrong several times about him being ready at this point.

What do you expect out of fans? Brantley is basically the boogeyman at this point. I'll remain highly skeptical until I see him producing in the lineup once again, as we all should.

He might not be ready for the season?

Is there anyone out there expecting this guy to ever play well for the Indians again?

Probably boobie Dibiasio and bimbo.

Until he actually gets about 100 ABs not off a tee, we have to assume he won't be back to normal.

I saw where they were "counting on him" to be ready, but not that they expect him to be. Which, even if they did say that, means nothing because they have been wrong several times about him being ready at this point.

What do you expect out of fans? Brantley is basically the boogeyman at this point. I'll remain highly skeptical until I see him producing in the lineup once again, as we all should.

Maybe trust what you read instead of continuing to ask "will he even be the same anymore", or "will he even play anymore", or some other worst possible outcome question.

Literally nothing we have heard has suggested that, yet we still have people acting like that's what is going on here.

It's like every little update we get in here has people going worst case scenario, when nothing even close to that is being said in the updates.

They're being cautious with him and want him fully healthy when he is back so he can stay back, so they are holding him out of early Spring Training games...am I really supposed to freak out about that?

Probably boobie Dibiasio and bimbo.

Until he actually gets about 100 ABs not off a tee, we have to assume he won't be back to normal.

And?

I've gone through what he has gone through...twice...should I not share what I went through when it helps the conversation about what is going on with Brantley?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."