• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Defending EC Champ Cavs Preseason..Bastion of Hope or Forecast of Doom

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will the preseason tell us

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tornicade

2018 RBF League Champion
Reaction score
DATE OPPONENT TIME LOCATION
Tuesday, October 2 Boston 8:00 PM TD Garden
Saturday, October 6 Boston 7:30 PM Quicken Loans Arena
Monday, October 8 Indiana 7:00 PM Quicken Loans Arena
Friday, October 12 Detroit 7:00 PM Jack Breslin Student Events Center (Michigan State)

Preseason News -excerpts from the Athletic
The front office wants Lue to play younger players. No one has specifically ruled out a spot for Smith, and once when I pressed general manager Koby Altman about it, he said “this is what camp is for.” It’s just, well, Osman and Hood and Clarkson and Sexton are going to be on the floor. The Cavs even told Smith’s circle over the summer that playing time might be tight for him. Lue could certainly bring Smith off the bench and play him alongside Korver like he did at times last year, but Lue said “I don’t like that as much.” Lue always preferred to split Korver and Smith, but if Hood and Osman are the starters, either Korver and Smith will be playing together or, well, one won’t be playing much.
Koby Altman, Cleveland Cavaliers

On Saturday, with the team gathered around at the end of practice, Smith scolded teammates, particularly younger players, for failing to show up to the Cavs’ training facility early enough before practice and for not returning text messages from the training staff for appointments. Smith’s speech was in plain sight. We could see it, but we couldn’t hear what he said. A player relayed to me what was the crux of JR’s speech. Tardiness and sloppiness and training room failures were not allowed on LeBron James’ watch. JR is keeping with the tradition.
6 hours ago – via The Athletic
JR Smith, Cleveland Cavaliers

Marla Ridenour: #Cavs coach Tyronn Lue said Tristan Thompson will start at center against taller bigs, Larry Nance Jr. against smaller, more agile ones

JR is the one on time:

star-wars-bad-feeling-1.gif

Zizic not getting burn:
star-wars-bad-feeling-2.gif

Clarkson playing with Hood:
star-wars-bad-feeling-3.gif

Nance surviving starters minutes:
star-wars-bad-feeling-4.gif

TT playing at all:
star-wars-bad-feeling-5.gif

as of right now @Adam your images aren't displaying... this is why we need a preseason thread !
Aww man they were working when I hit post. Bollocks. Oh well it's lost its magic for me I'm not re-doing it I'm just going to sulk at the end of the bench like JR

Is the wine and gold scrimmage going to be streamed this year? The pre-season coverage has been poor this year.

Is the wine and gold scrimmage going to be streamed this year? The pre-season coverage has been poor this year.

To add to that, does anyone know if it will be available to watch on YouTube or somewhere else (not live).

I’m afraid I might miss it.

https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/wine-gold-scrimmage-2018

The 2018 Wine & Gold Scrimmage presented by FirstEnergy will be held on Sun., Sept. 30th at 4:30 p.m. at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base announced jointly today. The Cavaliers and team staff will fly in to tour base facilities before putting on the annual scrimmage for Airmen and their families. The team will have the opportunity to see first-hand the many contributions that Wright-Patterson Airmen make to help protect our Nation.

on NBA.com.. didn't see it ont he schedule for foxsports ohio
https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/tv/wine-gold-scrimmage

And the two lone clips the Cav's twitter showed were a Sam Dekker 3 and dunk by Kobi Simmons. Truly two of the team's keys pieces going forward :rolleyes:

All these wine and gold scrimmages are stupid bullshit anyway. Just wait two days for a real fake game.

Did JR tell those teammates to bring a bowl of soup also,in case they get angry at their coaches?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."