• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NBA Draft - June 21

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Process God

Birthing All-Stars
Reaction score
Who would have thought that we'd be in this position with LeBron still in his prime and NOT because he is injured and without any help? I feel like the 2002-2003 Detroit Pistons on steroids right now (team situation, not team build).

Who are your top prospects? I will have to do some research because I never thought it would matter much. My dad told me this coming draft is loaded, but I'd like to hear from more informed individuals. I'd love to draft an elite wing or center.

And someone please get some goddamn Draft Express 2018 NBA Draft Prospect videos in here? God, I miss those and their repetitive music so much . . .

Don't know a damn thing about this draft. Gonna have to research.

Hopefully it's deep full of can't miss talent.

Don't know a damn thing about this draft. Gonna have to research.

Hopefully it's deep full of can't miss talent.

Look up Marvin Bagley, Michael Porter Jr and Luka Doncic to start

Let's just hope we don't draft like the 2002-2003 Detroit Pistons did. :chuckle:

Are there any truly game-changing, elite-level players (1st or 2nd team All-NBA, perennial all-star) in this draft?

Let's just hope we don't draft like the 2002-2003 Detroit Pistons did. :chuckle:

Are there any truly game-changing, elite-level players (1st or 2nd team All-NBA, perennial all-star) in this draft?

Two, potentially at the moment. Marvin Bagley and Michael Porter Jr.

There are a lot of guys that have the tools, but the jury is out. Bagley and Porter, though, are about as can't-miss as you can get.

Two, potentially at the moment. Marvin Bagley and Michael Porter Jr.

There are a lot of guys that have the tools, but the jury is out. Bagley and Porter, though, are about as can't-miss as you can get.

Ayton

I will be watching Bagley and Doncic a lot this year.

They play this right and they could have a Spurs like dynasty in the mix.

To keep Lebron and add a potential new franchise player to the mix on a rookie deal would be an absolute win for the cavs. Similar to what set the spurs on their path.
bagley looks like the best wing project since Durant

Marvin Bagley-OH GOD-WHAT A TALENT!!!! He is the real deal. He's dangerous from everywhere. He can do everything on the court. He can shoot from downtown. He can legit post up. He's like Lamar Odom meets Lebron James meets Kevin Durant.

He can lead an offense as a primary ball handler. He can block shots. He can legit dominate in the post-as in not post potential but is just so fluid down there.

everyone else has flaws. Im not seeing any in Bagley!!! Holy crap the thought of this kid in Cleveland is insane.

The Porter kid to me looks like a poor man's KD without the killer instinct. Plays way too stiff for my taste.

The two big men Ayton and Bamba have very nice potential as well. I don't see superstar potential in them though.

Ayton is a legit big man with legit offensive skills. He's not a young Olajuwan or anything but he can really shoot, really run the floor and definitely block some shots.

Bamba to me looks like a rich man's Nerlens Noel.

Michael Porter Jr, Marvin Bagley, Luka Doncic, Collin Sexton (if outside of the top 3) are the guys I'm keeping my eye on.

Porter does look very stiff. He is a great shooter, but he is a tad too slow for my liking and if he plays the 4 he does not project to be a good rebounder.
if he plays the 3, then he is going to struggle going past defenders and is going to settle a lot.

Bagley is just a mega stud all around...Porters combination of pure shooting ability and size is just amazing as well.

They would have gone 1-2 in the 17 draft easily. And there are about 4 more guys who could potentially show themselves to be better than Fultz and Ball this year.

This draft is fricken stacked. Has the most elite talent I've seen since 2003.

The two big men Ayton and Bamba have very nice potential as well. I don't see superstar potential in them though.

Bamba to me looks like a rich man's Nerlens Noel.

Dude, Bamba is draining mid-range jumpers and 3's in preseason games against pro teams in Australia. If he can continue to do this, he's 2nd on my list behind Bagley.

Bagley is just a mega stud all around...Porters combination of pure shooting ability and size is just amazing as well.

They would have gone 1-2 in the 17 draft easily. And there are about 4 more guys who could potentially show themselves to be better than Fultz and Ball this year.

This draft is fricken stacked. Has the most elite talent I've seen since 2003.

They would have gone 1-2 last year. 1-2 in 2016. Probably in the top-3 in 2015 with KAT either going 1 or 2. I think they both would have gone 1-2 in 2014 too, as I think Porter is more skilled with a better feel than Wiggins, and Bagley is just that much more of an athletic freak than Parker.

I already love Porter. That kid has KD potential.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."