• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NBA Playoffs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

czvo

Banned
Reaction score
Figured we should have a thread for it:

EASTERN CONFERENCE
1. Toronto vs. 8. Washington

4. Cleveland vs. 5. Indiana

3. Philadelphia vs. 6. Miami

2. Boston vs. 7. Milwaukee

WESTERN CONFERENCE
1. Houston vs. 8. Minnesota

4. Oklahoma City vs. 5. Utah

3. Portland vs. 6. New Orleans

2. Golden State vs. 7. San Antonio

The West is depressing because literally everything broke Golden State's way on the final day. I'm of the opinion that avoiding OKC, Utah, Minnesota/Denver is massive, though it would still be tough for any of those teams to beat Golden State. The Warriors just aren't as likely to get pushed by any of the three teams on their side.

In the East, once Philly opened up a 100-point first quarter lead on Milwaukee locking up that three seed, this was best case scenario. Miami is probably the toughest first round opponent for Philly since they play the best defense of any of the three potential opponents, plus they have the best coach in Spo. And if Embiid is back, they're really the only team that has a big that can match him. Milwaukee has looked bad, but they can beat Boston. And even if they don't, Miami is a team that Boston can beat even without Kyrie and Hayward. However, if Philly gets past Miami, I think they're definitely getting to the ECF. Will be fun to watch unfold.

It will be fascinating to see Simmons in the playoffs. Does he step up or do teams find a way to guard him. He was always criticized in college for lacking an alpha mentality so the bright lights will shed some light on his mental approach

Predictions:

First Round:
Raptors in 5
Celtics in 6
Sixers in 5
Cavs in 5

Rockets in 5
Warriors in 4
Blazers in 6
Jazz in 6

Conference Semis:
Cavs in 6
Sixers in 6

Rockets in 7
Warriors in 5

Conference Finals:
Cavs in 5
Warriors in 7

Finals:
Warriors in 5

Doing a quick perusal, looks like Cavs are a little better than even money to win the East and about 8 to 1 to win the Finals.

I'm expecting zero sweeps, though I'll give a low chance to OKC sweeping Utah and then an outside shot of Washington just laying down against Toronto in 4 straight.

But my picks are: EAST-Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly, CLeveland WEST- Houston, Golden State, Portland, OKC

THink the second round match ups are all gonna be absolute dog fights with the potential for multiple upsets.

Wow, GSW got lucky, again.

OKC vs UTAH just sucks.

Eh, I kinda think OKC is gonna show people that Utah was never a threat to anyone. Utah is gonna have to prove to me they can win in the playoffs with a rookie as their lone offensive threat.

Eh, I kinda think OKC is gonna show people that Utah was never a threat to anyone. Utah is gonna have to prove to me they can win in the playoffs with a rookie as their lone offensive threat.

I dunno, it's all about matchups. OKC beating Utah doesn't prove or disprove Utah's ability to beat GSW for example, and also doesn't prove that Utah was never a threat or good to begin with.

CAVS WIN IN 4
RAPTORS WIN IN 5
SIXERS WIN IN 4
BUCKS WIN IN 6
ROCKETS WIN IN 4
WARRIORS WIN IN 5
THUNDER WIN IN 6
BLAZERS WIN IN 6

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."