• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NFL Draft - Day 2 Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phills14

Cleveland Sports Fan
Staff member
Reaction score
636603656016567316-USP-NFL-NFL-Draft-99459483.JPG

Day 2 of the 2018 NFL Draft is upon us. Last night we took the QB of the future, Baker Mayfield and a shutdown corner in Denzel Ward. Day 2 opens up with the Browns having picks 33, 35 and 64. They do not have a 3rd round pick as of now.

Who are the guys available at those spots? Where do you want to see them go? Let's discuss here!

Some names that interest me, ignoring need for the time being:

RB- Guice
WR- Sutton
OG- Hernandez, C. Williams
DE- Harold Landry, Sam Hubbard
DT- Maurice Hurst
CB- Josh Jackson, Isaiah Oliver
S- Justin Reid

I expected Guice to be the #2 RB to go, now he'll be #4 tops; seems like those character concerns may be legit. I would have Chubb here but if his knee isn't right I'd like to avoid him.

Hernandez and Williams are pretty talented. Seems like Bitonio isn't moving to LT anytime soon so probably don't make sense.

I really like Harold Landry as a prospect, as well as Hurst from talk on these forums, but I'm somewhat worried about both of their medicals. I didn't list him because it seems like he may be in free fall, but Arden Key is a pretty ridiculous talent but has plenty of character concerns.

I like Jackson and Oliver a lot, not sure they make a whole lot of sense after Ward going #4, the Gaines + Carrie signings, and Boddy-Calhoun on the roster. Suppose depth there never hurts

I'm hoping for Justin Reid and one of Guice, Landry, or Hurst if those 3 check out with the Browns

I have a bad feeling that the Browns are one of the teams particularly turned off by the whole Guice inappropriate combine questions thing.

I hope to God I’m wrong. Guice at 33 is downright highway robbery. I think he’s every bit as talented as Saquon with a much more appealing style of running.

Then I’d either target Hurst, Landry, or Crosby at 35. Medicals permitting on the first two.

DB, DL, WR/TE, even LB are possessions where I understand taking players even if you already have guys you like on your roster. I like Garrett and Ogbah, but taking Chubb or Landry would've made plenty of sense.

I don't think RB is a position where you spend early picks on depth. I am sure Guice is a nice player, but really don't see why you add him to a roster with Duke and Hyde.

Best available at 33 and Guice at 35. Giants already took Barkley and refused to even listen to trade offers yesterday after we passed on Darnold. I feel more comfortable betting on Guice being at 35 than someone else we like who dropped.

I have a bad feeling that the Browns are one of the teams particularly turned off by the whole Guice inappropriate combine questions thing.

I hope to God I’m wrong. Guice at 33 is downright highway robbery. I think he’s every bit as talented as Saquon with a much more appealing style of running.

Then I’d either target Hurst, Landry, or Crosby at 35. Medicals permitting on the first two.
McCloughan loved Guice openly before consulting with us, for the record.

And clearly he has a lot of say...

McCloughan loved Guice openly before consulting with us, for the record.

And clearly he has a lot of say...
Not saying he doesn't, but I wouldn't look into the Mayfield pick as a strong indicator. Dorsey stressed he was the consensus among everybody multiple times during his presser.

Hurst and Guice are my wants at 33 and 35. I like Josh Jackson, but he seems like overkill. Damn Pats HAD to take Michel.....

Give me Jamarco Jones at the end of the 2nd.

Any combo of Sutton, Guice, Kirk, Landry, Hurst and Williams will be an instant winner.

I have to admit, Landry and Hurst would be real tempting.

Not sure why there is such interest in Guice for this team.

Good player, but locking up Duke Johnson should be a larger concern. Carlos Hyde is an elite downhill runner, and I fell like there is much more value later on in guys like Kerryon Johnson or Royce Freeman.

Not sure what Landry's medicals look like, but that's a tough pick to pass on given his bend and ability to get to the QB. He would be a freaking nightmare coming off the weak side.

Obviously y'all know my thoughts on Mo Hurst. He's DT1 and the third best defensive player in the draft for me.

No interest in Josh Jackson, he's likely falling because he's somewhat limited to a Cover 3 scheme. Not really a fit for the current staff. I think he'll be a really good player for a team who plays a ton of zone, really good instincts and pass-off skills.

I agree with many about Guice.

What about Hughes the CB? Many had him as a first round talent, but somewhat raw. Would (hopefully) solve our CB holes for years.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."