• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NFL Draft - Day 3 Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phills14

Cleveland Sports Fan
Staff member
Reaction score
2018 NFL Draft Day 3 is Upon Us. Today is where we find Special Teamers, Punters, Kickers, Practice Squader and hopefully a diamond in the rough or 2.

cleveland-browns-nfl-draft-2018-number-one-pick.jpg

4th Round: #14 (114)
5th Round: #13 (150)
6th Round: #1 (175)
6th Round: #4 (178)
6th Round: #14 (188)​

Bold prediction: if Hurst doesn't get drafted early today? I think his heart condition is a lot worse than what just fans have been informed of. I think he will be undrafted if not picked in the 4th round

I'm looking at the team that holds #114:praying:

Edit: I had to add the 4th round. Matches has the original a few posts below that caught me in a good burn

Last edited:
My wants:

developmental WR. Callaway (if deemed draftable), Desean Hamilton, Eq. St. Brown come to mind. Maybe Lazard.
LB depth. Need somebody to push/replace the Burgess' of the world. Cichy, Jewell, and Skai Moore come to mind.
FS depth - need an upgrade over the guy from BYU. Armani Watts, Marcus Allen, or Dame Webb will do. PFF thinks Webb might be the best pure FS in the draft.
Maurice Hurst. If he's still sitting there in the 6th (or maybe even sooner), take his ass. I don't care if he plays 2-3 seasons in the NFL. Chances are he gives you way more value than anyone else you're going to draft at that time.

Last edited:
My wants:

developmental WR. Callaway (if deemed draftable), Desean Hamilton, Eq. St. Brown come to mind. Maybe Lazard.
LB depth. Need somebody to push/replace the Burgess' of the world. Cichy, Jewell, and Skai Moore come to mind.
FS depth - need an upgrade over the guy from BYU. Armani Watts, Marcus Allen, or Dame Webb will do. PFF thinks Webb might be the best pure FS in the draft.
Maurice Hurst. If he's still sitting there in the 6th (or maybe even sooner), take his ass. I don't care if he plays 2-3 seasons in the NFL. Chances are he gives you way more value than anyone else you're going to draft at that time.

Fully agree on FS and LB. Randall is an enormous question mark and I would have preferred to address that spot earlier in case he can't transition back to FS or is a total bust. We can't be 1 injury from starting Kai Nacua again or having Peppers trying to play that role.

Let’s find some gems.

We snagged Caleb Brantley in the 6th last year. Ahtyba Rubin in the 6th in 2008. Obviously I know nothing about Hurst's condition, but a 6th round investment in him seems totally worth it, unless our staff has said we'll literally never be able to clear this guy for play.

Was gonna ask who we should be targeting but why bother. They never take the guys we discuss on here and the board wants :chuckle:

Dorsey seems to find some guys in later rounds that make an impact, let's hope he does so today.

Quick question...whatever happened to that CB we took from Oregon who had the bad knee injury 2 years back or so?

Probably because he didn’t recover to a strong enough degree

I'll take Shaquem, Jewell, or Skai at LB in that order. Make the stink of James Burgess in the rotation go away.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."