• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Postseason Roster

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steve_424

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
As I write this, the Indians sit 12.5 games up on 2nd place Minnesota and, barring a historic collapse, will win the Division and play in the postseason.

There are, of course, plenty of injury questions, with the following currently on the DL:

Trevor Bauer - Return unknown
Edwin Encarnacion - Will return on time
Leonys Martin - Return unknown
Tyler Naquin - Could return late September/early-to-mid October
Josh Tomlin - Will be available to return
Lonnie Chisenhall - Possible return in late August/early September
Nick Goody - Possible return at some point
Danny Salazar - Out for the season
Bradley Zimmer - Out for the season

I am going to say Encarnacion, Martin, and Tomlin (although he doesn't make it) return for my roster.

POSITION (14)

C - GOMES, PEREZ
1B - ENCARNACION, ALONSO
2B - KIPNIS, GONZALEZ
SS - LINDOR
3B - RAMIREZ, DIAZ
OF - BRANTLEY, MARTIN, DAVIS, CABRERA, GUYER

PITCHERS (11)

SP - KLUBER, CARRASCO, CLEVINGER, BIEBER
RP - HAND, MILLER, ALLEN, CIMBER, PEREZ, OLSON, OTERO

Based on what Antonetti said during last night's broadcast, I definitely expect Bauer back before the playoffs.

He specifically said Bauer would be out a “few weeks” but that his arm would stay conditioned.

Martin... impossible to tell. The guy almost died. No telling how long it's going to take to get him back to feeling normal, much less to baseball activities.

I'd lean towards him NOT making it back at this point. Same with Naquin. Same with Chisenhall.

Lineup
C: Gomes
1B: Alonso
2B: Kipnis
SS: Lindor
3B: Ramirez
LF: Brantley
CF: Allen
RF: Cabrera
DH: Encarnacion

Bench
Perez, Gonzalez, Diaz, Guyer, Davis

Rotation
Kluber, Bauer, Carrasco, Clevinger

Bullpen
Hand, Allen, Miller, Cimber, Perez, Ramirez, Bieber

Left Off/DL
Tomlin, Plutko, Olson, Otero, Martin, Chisenhall, Naquin

If Martin is unable to return and the Tribe doesn’t land a starting caliber outfielder between now and the 31st, I would expect them to move Kipnis to CF and Yandy to 3B.

Based on what Antonetti said during last night's broadcast, I definitely expect Bauer back before the playoffs.

He specifically said Bauer would be out a “few weeks” but that his arm would stay conditioned.

Martin... impossible to tell. The guy almost died. No telling how long it's going to take to get him back to feeling normal, much less to baseball activities.

I'd lean towards him NOT making it back at this point. Same with Naquin. Same with Chisenhall.

Lineup
C: Gomes
1B: Alonso
2B: Kipnis
SS: Lindor
3B: Ramirez
LF: Brantley
CF: Allen
RF: Cabrera
DH: Encarnacion

Bench
Perez, Gonzalez, Diaz, Guyer, Davis

Rotation
Kluber, Bauer, Carrasco, Clevinger

Bullpen
Hand, Allen, Miller, Cimber, Perez, Ramirez, Bieber

Left Off/DL
Tomlin, Plutko, Olson, Otero, Martin, Chisenhall, Naquin

mz9LRE.gif

If Martin is unable to return and the Tribe doesn’t land a starting caliber outfielder between now and the 31st, I would expect them to move Kipnis to CF and Yandy to 3B.
Also think they will give a month and a half long look at Greg Allen to see if he continues to improve.

We are looking to get another bat via in the next weekish or so, so I would believe that our final roster isnt set in stone at the moment.

If we would be going with the group we have now though, its hard to say, but more than likely we are going 11 pitchers and 14 position players for the first round.

Also in September we will have guys like Olson, Diaz, Taylor, (Maybe even call up Talbot/Wilk while moving Zimmer/Merryweather etc to the 60 day DL), Allen, etc all up, so we will have a full 30 team plus to finish the year.

Pitchers:

Kluber, Carrasco, Clevinger, Bieber, Bauer (Plutko/Tomlin will get his spot if not ready), Miller, Allen, Hand, Perez,

Last spots will be the winner between Cimber, Ramirez, Olson, Otero, Tomlin. Ramirez hasn't been good lately so he can lose his spot. Cimber is likely to get a spot, but he hasn't been the best since coming over.

Position Players:

EE, Alonzo, Kipnis, Lindor, Ramirez, Gonzalez, Gomes, Perez, Brantley, Davis, Guyer

There is three spots after that, I am thinking Diaz, Martin (Allen is his replacement) and Melky. If we get another Veteran OF like McCutchen then there will be a competition between Diaz and Melky for the last spot. Allen is on the roster if Martin cannot go especially since he is a good CF and has great speed on the bases.

Also think they will give a month and a half long look at Greg Allen to see if he continues to improve.

If Martin isn't able to go, there is a good probability Allen is a sure bet to make the playoff roster as a defensively replacement/Pinch runner. He has been hitting well since the last call up especially since he has been given almost everyday status since Martin got sick.

I dunno guys but something tells me Martin will not be ready to go...

Yandy will now likely be playing everyday (until EE is back) now that we are done with interleague play. Great chance to continue to prove himself.

I firmly believe that the only reason that bauer isn’t still pitching isn’t because Trevor Bauer. 100% team call. He’d pitch if it was up to him.

The Indians will still add an outfielder within the next few weeks. It will be Cutch or Adam Jones

New guess:

POSITION (14)

C - GOMES, PEREZ
1B - ENCARNACION, ALONSO
2B - RAMIREZ, GONZALEZ
SS - LINDOR
3B - DONALDSON, DIAZ
OF - BRANTLEY, KIPNIS, DAVIS, CABRERA, GUYER

PITCHERS (11)

SP - KLUBER, BAUER, CARRASCO, CLEVINGER,
RP - HAND, MILLER, ALLEN, CIMBER, PEREZ, OLSON, BIEBER

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video