• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Series 23 | White Sox @ Indians

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
This was the guy we needed to get.

The Washington Nationals have acquired right-handed reliever Kelvin Herrerafrom the Kansas City Royals for three prospects.

The Royals are acquiring outfielder Blake Perkins, third baseman Kelvin Gutierrez and right-handed pitcher Yohanse Morel for Herrera, one of the most desirable bullpen arms available on the trade market.

Herrera has 14 saves and a 1.05 ERA this season for the Royals, striking out 22 in 25 2/3 innings while walking just two batters. He is coming off a 2017 season when he had a career-high 26 saves.

This was the guy we needed to get.

The Washington Nationals have acquired right-handed reliever Kelvin Herrerafrom the Kansas City Royals for three prospects.

The Royals are acquiring outfielder Blake Perkins, third baseman Kelvin Gutierrez and right-handed pitcher Yohanse Morel for Herrera, one of the most desirable bullpen arms available on the trade market.

Herrera has 14 saves and a 1.05 ERA this season for the Royals, striking out 22 in 25 2/3 innings while walking just two batters. He is coming off a 2017 season when he had a career-high 26 saves.
The Indians have a closer. They need guys that can get it to him.

Didn't realize he was the only reliever available, guess they're screwed now.
Yeah, I’m shocked the royals wouldn’t trade the only reliever into their own division too.

Teams don’t like trading within the division usually. But yeah, now we’re fucked

Fangraphs WAR:

Bauer 3.6 -MLB #4, AL #2
Kluber 2.5 -MLB #T9, AL #T6
Clevinger 2.0 -MLB #T15, AL #T9
Carrassco 1.9 -MLB #T17, AL #T11

Washington didn't really give up anything special...but I'm guessing KC would have made the Indians pay if they wanted him. There should be plenty of other guys.

Man Hammy has been servicing Rodon all night

Pathetic that we had to go to Allen in a game that was 6-1 heading into the ninth.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."