• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Series #34 | Indians @ Twins | July 30th, 31st, and August 1st

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
Cleveland Indians (57-47; 1st in AL-C)
vs.
Minnesota Twins (48-56; 2nd in AL-C)

Game #1 | July 30th, 2018 @ 8:00 PM EST
Shane Bieber (5-2); 4.80 ERA; 44 K vs. Ervin Santana (0-0); 5.40 ERA; 5 K
Game #2 | July 31st, 2018 @ 8:10 PM EST
Trevor Bauer (9-6); 2.36 ERA; 192 K vs. Kyle Gibson (5-7); 3.42 ERA; 126 K
Game #3 | August 1st, 2018 @ 1:10 PM EST
Carlos Carrasco (12-5); 3.89 ERA; 128 K vs. Lance Lynn (7-8); 5.10 ERA; 100 K
Team Leaders
Batting Average
: Michael Brantley (CLE) - .302; Eddie Rosario (MIN) - .305
Home Runs: Jose Ramirez (CLE) - 30; Eddie Rosario (MIN) - 19
RBIs: Jose Ramirez (CLE) - 74; Eddie Rosario (MIN) - 64
Stolen Bases: Jose Ramirez (CLE) - 23; Brian Dozier (MIN) - 8
Wins: Corey Kluber (CLE) - 13; Jose Berrios (MIN) - 10
SO: Trevor Bauer (CLE) - 192; Jose Berrios (MIN) - 142
ERA: Trevor Bauer (CLE) - 2.32; Kyle Gibson (MIN) - 3.42
WHIP: Corey Kluber (CLE) - 0.94; Jose Berrios (MIN) - 1.05
Holds: Neil Ramirez (CLE) - 11; Trevor Hildenberger (MIN) - 14
Saves: Cody Allen (CLE) - 20; Fernando Rodney (MIN) - 22​

I don't think it has been talked about how bad of a season the Twins have had relative to expectations.

I thought they made a bunch of nice offseason moves- Lynn, Odorizzi, Morrison, Reed, and Rodney. Lynn, Morrison, and Reed have been bad. Odorizzi has been mediocre, Rodney has been fine. Buxton took a huge step in the second half last year but had a pretty bad start to the season before missing a few months, Dozier's numbers are way down, and Sano has been so awful he got sent down to Single A to be babysat.

Returned a solid lineup and Berrios turned into an ace (nice to avoid him). There’s still time of course but I really thought they’d swing hard for the division this year.

One positive from yesterday was, Kluber did make a few mechanical adjustments. Not that I doubted they'd be working on it....it's just nice to see proactive adjustment by staff and player.

He's not back to his early spring form but you do notice he was making a concerted effort to clean some things up. His arm slot was better on his breaking pitches. Kind of in-between good and bad.....and did show good movement yesterday.

His lower body is still a little messy (hips are still a little flat) but it is encouraging to see that much arm slot correction in one start.....and you do see a bit better flex in his trail foot and him getting a bit more shin separation as a he strides. If his knee starts feeling better, hopefully that last bit of correction will happen.

kluber-wtf-mechanics-april-july.png

Last edited:
One positive from yesterday was, Kluber did made a few mechanical adjustments. Not that I doubted they'd be working on it....it's just nice to see proactive adjustment by staff and player.

He's not back to his early spring form but you do notice he was making a concerted effort to clean some things up. His arm slot was better on his breaking pitches. Kind of in-between good and bad.....and did show good movement yesterday.

His lower body is still a little messy (hips are still a little flat) but it is encouraging to see that much arm slot correction in one start.....and you do see a bit better flex in his trail foot and him getting a bit more shin separation as a he strides. If his knee starts feeling better, hopefully that last bit of correction will happen.

kluber-wtf-mechanics-april-july.png
These posts have been awesome. Thank you.

Omg Gomes that was beautiful

Last edited:
Everyone starting to learn Bieber now. Kipnis didn’t help. We shall see how Bieber responds.

Everyone starting to learn Bieber now. Kipnis didn’t help. We shall see how Bieber responds.

He looks really good to me sans the gap hit. Ringing some guys up via painting the edge.

Jose fucking Ramirez dude

Someone make the meme where Jose is looking in a mirror and there’s a goat in the reflection

Good God almighty Jose is the new King of Cleveland.

And tied for HR King of baseball.

Imagine if we can pull off a Gallo deal, we'd have 3 of the top 7 HR leaders.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."