• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Mock Drafts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MoFlo

Hall-of-Famer
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
PFF:

17. CLEVELAND BROWNS – CHRISTIAN WILKINS, DI, CLEMSON

The Browns have more strides to make along the defensive line and Wilkins added to his game in 2018 as he ranked third with a 91.1 pass-rush grade to go with his usual exceptional play against the run.
---------------------------------------------

Matt Miller:

17. Cleveland Browns

The Pick: Trayvon Mullen, Cornerback, Clemson

The John Dorsey-led Cleveland Browns are suddenly one of the best drafting teams in the league. That will continue in 2019 as the club hits on picks in the middle of the round instead of at the top.

Up first is Clemson cornerback Trayvon Mullen. A hero of the national title game, Mullen has ideal size and speed to secure a starting cornerback job in the NFL. He's smart, too, and showed against Alabama his ability to make plays as a blitzer—not to mention his sitting back in coverage and executing a rare interception of Tua Tagovailoa.

Mullen does need to test well to show NFL scouts he has the agility to handle transitions against pro routes at top speed, but his film at Clemson showed a first-round talent at cornerback ready to start in the pros.

CBS:

CLE.png
17. Cleveland Browns

N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State. The Browns could use a legit No. 1 receiver on the outside who'd flourish in the red zone. Regardless of what Harry runs at the combine, he'd be a great fit and nice value at this juncture for Cleveland.

Walter Football:

17. Cleveland Browns: Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

The Browns have a strong defensive line, but they could use an interior player who can generate a heavy pass rush and help stop the run. This would take their defensive front over the top.

Dre'Mont Jones has a first-round skill set, according to sources Charlie Campbell reached out to.

I don’t see the burst or natural speed to create downfield separation with him; that’s my gripe. I think he’ll have a niche as a guy who can turn the intermediate routes into good YAC with his frame and stride, but I think he’ll be a bit limited other than the aforementioned and perhaps the red zone.

I know you didn't ask but...yeah, if Ed Oliver starts falling. Which, at the moment, it may be trending that way.

It pretty much answers the idea, so outside of certain people falling, more than likely we will pick near or at 17 you believe?

It pretty much answers the idea, so outside of certain people falling, more than likely we will pick near or at 17 you believe?

Yea I don't know if there is that super stud we are looking for in the top 5 that would be worth the price. As Amherst said, if someone starts falling I can see us moving up a few picks. It's probably just as likely as us moving down a few picks. But right now, it's way to early to hazard a guess.

Mel Kiper just released his first mock of the year.

17) Cleveland Browns: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

The surging Browns hit on their 2018 draft class, led by Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb. Can general manager John Dorsey do it again? My comp for Simmons is emerging Chiefs star Chris Jones, whom Dorsey picked in Round 2 when he was in Kansas City. Simmons is supremely athletic and already advanced in his technique as a pass-rusher. However, he will have to answer to NFL teams about his 2016 arrest during the pre-draft process.

Okay so like... can we take all this prospect talk to the prospect section? Especially about a player we won’t pick?

So what is the purpose of this thread then?

For someone to post a mock draft and for everyone to go "cool". Or "good mock". "Bad mock".

It's just that for for the next few months?

For someone to post a mock draft and for everyone to go "cool". Or "good mock". "Bad mock".

What is the point of this thread actually? We already have a draft thread.

Like, I'm not opposed to having a mock draft thread in theory, it just seems a little superfluous.

I don’t disagree in the slightest. But talking about Kyler Murray for 5 pages is ridiculous when the prospect threat exists

The hell am I even saying

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."