• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Potential Free Agency Targets

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kbiz

Situational Showstopper
Reaction score
While we finally have some talent on this team, we still have plenty of holes to fill to flesh out this roster, top-to-bottom, to actually make the proverbial "jump" that has eluded us for years.

The Browns have the cap space to be major players in the off-season and will be able to afford to overpay to get players here, if need be.

Any help on the OL likely will need to come from the draft but I still see plenty of potential talent available at roster needs - DE, entire secondary, and WR.

This may be a bit premature but figured if nothing else, would lead to some fun discussions considering the activity levels in Brown's Talk as of late.

So lets hear them - your dream signings, reaches, and realistic targets this off-season.

edit: Recent Top 20 List Below - https://nflmocks.com/2018/11/08/2019-nfl-free-agents-top-20-players-available/

1. DeMarcus Lawrence, DE, Cowboys
2. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Texans
3. Trey Flowers, DE, Patriots
4. Frank Clark, DE, Seahawks
5. Dee Ford, EDGE, Chiefs
6. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Steelers
7. Grady Jarrett, DT, Falcons
8. Landon Collins, S, Giants
9. Earl Thomas, S, Seahawks
10. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Rams
11. Ziggy Ansah, DE, Lions
12. Lamarcus Joyner, S, Rams
13. Brandon Graham, DE, Eagles
14. Sheldon Richardson, DL, Vikings
15. Matt Paradis, C, Broncos
16. Tyrann Mathieu, S, Texans
17. Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Redskins
18. Tyrod Taylor, QB, Browns
19. Ronald Darby, CB, Eagles
20. Bradley Roby, CB, Broncos

Last edited:
Not a dream target anymore as he's looking washed but could see us going after Clay Matthews to plug a hole, maybe especially if Mike McCarthy is a thing.

Not a dream target anymore as he's looking washed but could see us going after Clay Matthews to plug a hole, maybe especially if Mike McCarthy is a thing.

I don't see us going after any vets in their 30's, just don't see the point yet. We are getting their, but we are still in the average to good 4 year vet for depth purposes in free agency.

While we finally have some talent on this team, we still have plenty of holes to fill to flesh out this roster, top-to-bottom, to actually make the proverbial "jump" that has eluded us for years.

The Browns have the cap space to be major players in the off-season and will be able to afford to overpay to get players here, if need be.

Any help on the OL likely will need to come from the draft but I still see plenty of potential talent available at roster needs - DE, entire secondary, and WR.

This may be a bit premature but figured if nothing else, would lead to some fun discussions considering the activity levels in Brown's Talk as of late.

So lets hear them - your dream signings, reaches, and realistic targets this off-season.

I don't see any real help for what the Browns need at WR in FA. They need a guy with size with #1 potential. All the best #1 options that were potential FA have signed extensions or new contracts this year.

Would be helpful for everyone to post a list of FA in the original post.

I don't see any real help for what the Browns need at WR in FA. They need a guy with size with #1 potential. All the best #1 options that were potential FA have signed extensions or new contracts this year.

Would be helpful for everyone to post a list of FA in the original post.

Funchess.

Hard to believe he's only 24, 25 next season.

I think he'd be a better fit with Mayfield than Newton too. Carolina doesn't really air it out that much, with the offense mostly focused around McCaffrey. Funchess just doesn't get the targets there to produce like a true number one, but I definitely think he's capable of it.

I don't really think he's a #1 WR, but he's very good and I'd love to have him here.

I think he could be, or at least close. He had a 900+ yard season last year, and I don't think he's really made the focal point on the Panthers.

I don't see us going after any vets in their 30's, just don't see the point yet. We are getting their, but we are still in the average to good 4 year vet for depth purposes in free agency.
Well if it is a short term two year deal I don’t have a problem with a guy in thier 30’s as long as they don’t have injury history. If we can get out of the contract in 12 months and the player can help us in the short term I am all for it. Time to start having the mindset of creating the best roster possible while Baker is on his rookie deal. If Kendricks has been clean off the field our defense would have been better this year, I don’t mind a few of those players next year as long as it does not cripple the cap long term, which it won’t.

Go get talent and aim to win. We need to stop with worrying about 2022 and but the best team possible on the field in 2019.

There’s no way we could get clowney. But he and Garrett would be amazing together. He’s not the top level pass rusher he was expected to be but he’s a lot better than ogbah.

I'd love to see Haslam finally spend some money instead of constantly being in the top 3 in available cap space. However, if Haslam is actually willing to spend, I hope Dorsey doesn't go blowing it on more guys like TJ Carrie and Chris Hubbard. We can't afford misses like that.

I'd love to see Haslam finally spend some money instead of constantly being in the top 3 in available cap space. However, if Haslam is actually willing to spend, I hope Dorsey doesn't go blowing it on more guys like TJ Carrie and Chris Hubbard. We can't afford misses like that.

Haslam isn’t afraid to spend money. He spent like crazy his first couple years and got us into cap hell with very little success to show for it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."