• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Rotation Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TitleTown

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Now that our team seems relatively set for the start of the season, what do you think the roations/minutes will be?

My guess:

Starters
Sexton
Hood/Korver
Cedi
Love
Zizic

Bench
Hill
Clarkson/JR
SF???
Nance
Frye/TT

Last edited:
I'm sorry, isn't our head coach still Ty Lue?

Starters

George Hill
JR Smith
LeBron James cardboard cutout
Kevin Love
Tristan Thompson

Bench

Minutes divided up between Kyle Korver, Channing Frye and Larry Nance. Sexton, Hood, Cedi and Zizic get garbage duty.

I'm sorry, isn't our head coach still Ty Lue?

Starters

George Hill
JR Smith
LeBron James cardboard cutout
Kevin Love
Tristan Thompson

Bench

Minutes divided up between Kyle Korver, Channing Frye and Larry Nance. Sexton, Hood, Cedi and Zizic get garbage duty.
Do you have some version of this post on auto-respond for every thread? :chuckle:

Sexton
Hood
Cedi
Love
TT
Is my guess

Bench minutes will go to Hill, Clarkson, JR, Korver, Nance mostly

Hill probably starts next to Sexton in the backcourt, at least to start the season. Need some kind of veteran presence on the perimeter, and Hood hasn't established himself as that kind of player yet.

Hill probably starts next to Sexton in the backcourt, at least to start the season. Need some kind of veteran presence on the perimeter, and Hood hasn't established himself as that kind of player yet.

So you think we'll keep letting Clarkson run the 2nd unit then?

So you think we'll keep letting Clarkson run the 2nd unit then?

Sexton's development will be prioritized over Clarkson's development, so if we think playing Hill next to Sexton will help him learn and develop then that's probably what we'll do. Maybe the bench unit goes down in flames as a result, but that's arguably the lesser of two evils.

Sexton's development will be prioritized over Clarkson's development, so if we think playing Hill next to Sexton will help him learn and develop then that's probably what we'll do. Maybe the bench unit goes down in flames as a result, but that's arguably the lesser of two evils.
I like the rationale, but I just don't see that happening with all the guards we currently have on the roster that are better off the ball than Hill.

Korver at 2 would be much better than Hill. Hill is too passive off the ball, whereas Korver will create space.

I like the rationale, but I just don't see that happening with all the guards we currently have on the roster that are better off the ball than Hill.

Korver at 2 would be much better than Hill. Hill is too passive off the ball, whereas Korver will create space.

Sexton-Korver-Cedi-Love with either Nance or Zizic at the 5 would be a dream starting lineup for me. I think Korver's more realistically going to come off the bench, though, if he hasn't been traded by then.

Sexton-Korver-Cedi-Love with either Nance or Zizic at the 5 would be a dream starting lineup for me. I think Korver's more realistically going to come off the bench, though, if he hasn't been traded by then.
Whether or not we trade Korver will tell us a lot about the team's intentions going forward.

If we do keep Korver, then we definitely are trying to make the playoffs.

Sexton
Hill
Hood
Love
Tristan

With Clarkson Cedi Korver off the bench on the wings with Hill sliding to PG.

Nance and Zizic get backup big minutes.

Cedi and Zizic should start but they won't.

I don't see Kluber or Bauer anywhere? Oh wait, basketball, my bad.

Ought to be

Sexton
Hood
Cedi
Love
Zizic

Hood
Clarkson
Korver/JR
Nance/Frye
Thompson/Nance

But, doubtless, Lue will favor the vets over young players. Because winning 33 games this year is much more important than winning 25.

Should be:
Sexton
Hood
Cedi
Love
Nance

Bench:
Hill
Clarkson
Korver
Frye
Zizic

Zizic and Nance splitting time at Center should protect Nance from wear and tear. Zizic really shouldn't be over 20-25 minutes a game until his conditioning improves.

But realistically b/c Lue:
Hill
Hood
JR
Love
TT

Bench:
Sexton
Clarkson
Cedi
Korver
Nance

Ball Handlers - Sexton, Hill, JC
Wings - Cedi, Hood, JC, Korver, Jr
Bigs - Love, Zizic, Nance, TT, Frye

We'll see if Love can get back to a 22-25 and 12 guy but there is definitely some talent here. I'm pretty excited about watching this group without Lebron. I truly think each one of these guys except maybe TT will play better without Lebron. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs but looking at the roster they have (not including Love) 5-6 guys who can get you 15 -18 pts on any night. Our 3 pt shooting may take a small hit but our defense and rebounding will improve. What team has 4 better bigs at rebounding than us? Love, Zizic, Nance and TT. I just hope that Lue has a system ready to install that involves lots of ball movement and player movement.

We could still end up being a bottom 10 team but i don't see any of these eastern conference teams clearly better:

Hawks
Nets
Magic
Bulls
Knicks
Hornets
Pistons
Heat

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."