• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#65: Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm pretty sure I love this dude.

He comes across as polite, thoughtful, and mature. Hope he's a beast on the field. :chuckle:

He said if he wasn't going toward FB, he would have wanted to be an oncologist. The draft picks so far have seemed much more prepared for talking in front of a crowd than various Cleveland media members.

Where was Ogunjobi ranked? I don't know much but is he a reach here?

Where was Ogunjobi ranked? I don't know much but is he a reach here?

He went really late in the RCF mock because people didn't really know much about him or watch him. I usually saw him picked in the top half of the third round.

I've brought this up elsewhere, but he slipped through the recruiting cracks a little. He wanted to go to school in his home town Charlotte, and was the cornerstone of his college's football program, which was being built from the ground up while he was there. I'd heard before the draft that he is a very intriguing three tech, in other words a Michael Dean Perry penetrating defensive interior lineman. Some prognosticators have been talking him up as a 3-4 defensive end, but I think he's scheme flexible and will play big minutes by the end of the year.

I heard that we gave this guy a promise that we'd draft him in the 3rd if he promised to get Shelton in shape for the 2017 season.

I didn't really hear that. I made it up but I am right.

I'd heard before the draft that he is a very intriguing three tech, in other words a Michael Dean Perry penetrating defensive interior lineman.

That's kind of my impression. A guy like that can be very dangerous if you have other guys who demand a double team. Quick penetration up the middle is an offense's worst nightmare.

That's kind of my impression. A guy like that can be very dangerous if you have other guys who demand a double team. Quick penetration up the middle is an offense's worst nightmare.

Yeah, a three tech kind of gets deprioritized because the vast majority of the NFL has a 3-4 base set. If a defensive player isn't going to play three downs for you, you don't take him in the first round or two. If Williams is going to run a 4-2-5 scheme the majority of the snaps, Oogiboogi gains value as the fourth lineman. Yes, I plan to call him Oogiboogi.

Not a bad showing here for Ogunjobi. And finally, PFF throws some "N/A" grades for people who don't have enough playing time *cough* John Ross *cough*.

DTxiev6XUAAcE3G.jpg:large

Counted it up and only 21 of those 43 players players qualified.

Wow, Elflein is really low. I thought he was having a good season.

How can Kareem Hunt who lead the NFL in rushing as a rookie get a lower grade than Kamara?

How can Kareem Hunt who lead the NFL in rushing as a rookie get a lower grade than Kamara?

Because total rushing yardage isn't the only barometer of success for a running back in the NFL.

Did you watch this season? Kamara was the best RB of any rookie - and it was a fantastic class.

Good for Larry though, he seems like one of those players who will work hard to have a long, productive career.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."