• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

90’s/00’s players

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PIP

1997-98 Armco Heating & Cooling Hornet
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
For the true baseball fans on this board— was just wondering who some of you enjoyed watching the most and may consider to be underrated or even a favorite player ? Can include Indians players but looking for others...

For me it’s Larry Walker.. Totally understand his circumstance of Colorado— but goodness was he a legit player both at the plate and defensively..

Hands down one of the most underrated players I’ve ever seen..

Carlos Baerga

The Russel Westbrook of the Cleveland Indians.

John Olerud.

Decade long stretch where he averaged a .305/.411/.484 slash, won multiple Gold Gloves, walked almost 300 times more than he K'd, and was worth ~5 WAR a year.

It was the helmet while he fielded that underrated him.

Kenny Lofton was my favorite Indian and a fucking shame he won’t make the Hall.

Of non- Indians...I loved Greg Maddux just because of the way he dominated the game with mental ability and skill rather than physical abilities. And his pitches were just hilariously effective.

Loved Paul Molitor and felt he was underrated as well.

Used to think Will Clark had the prettiest swing around, and would have loved to see him make his way to CLE.

Barry Bonds

Before steroids, one of the top players in the game if not the top player. Afterwards he was a video game player set to max. I think he was the pinnacle of what a hitter can become.

Paul O'Neill. My all-time favorite non-Indian. A complete ballplayer- could hit, run and had a great arm in right field- and one of the biggest red-asses to ever play the game. Loved his intensity. I still wonder why on Earth the Reds traded him, a kid from Ohio who helped them win it all in 1990.

Paul O'Neill. My all-time favorite non-Indian. A complete ballplayer- could hit, run and had a great arm in right field- and one of the biggest red-asses to ever play the game. Loved his intensity. I still wonder why on Earth the Reds traded him, a kid from Ohio who helped them win it all in 1990.
Dont forget incredibly sexy and a narcissistic to boot if i remember the right guy (correct if im wrong).

Dont forget incredibly sexy and a narcissistic to boot if i remember the right guy (correct if im wrong).

You might be thinking of Keith Hernandez. Different "Seinfeld" episode. With his white man's fro and permanent surly scowl, Paul O'Neill wasn't exactly the poster boy for sexy.

I loved watching early 2000s Ichiro. After the steroid era and teams were manufacturing runs, he was the best. It's a shame he took a dump on Cleveland.

For pitching loved Randy Johnson. From his 80s hair, to his height, to how hard he threw coming across his body, he was perfect.

For the true baseball fans on this board— was just wondering who some of you enjoyed watching the most and may consider to be underrated or even a favorite player ? Can include Indians players but looking for others...

For me it’s Larry Walker.. Totally understand his circumstance of Colorado— but goodness was he a legit player both at the plate and defensively..

Hands down one of the most underrated players I’ve ever seen..

Carlos Baerga and Kenny Lofton for sure.....

Have a buddy who is a Cubs fan, and I referenced how overrated I thought Ryne Sandberg was. He lost his shit, and I said let's do a quick search of Ryne Sandberg compared to Baerga. Outside of 1 year where Sandberg really put up, Baerga was a better offensive player consistently.

Kenny was just the best in his prime though. Amazing lead-off hitter, occasional power, and spectacular range in CF. Not too mention his "It's OK to be fast" commercials were top of the line.....

Favorite Indian: Kenny Lofton.
Favorite non-Indian: "The Tornado" Hideo Nomo. Pitched 2 no-no's with one in Colorado which was supposed to be unlikely to happen. His pitching style was hilarious.
Most underrated in MLB: Javy Lopez. Clutch hitter and directed the best pitching staff ever until 2017 Indians.

Reactions: Lee

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."