• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

A New Beginning

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
FTOQn7t2

Cavaliers basketball doesn't begin and end with LeBron James.

There's still work to do, and we've got the pieces to have a bright future.

Time to get to work.​

The Cavs will have to rebuild through the draft. Until a ring chasing vet (Kevin Durant), showed up, Golden State was a home grown team with no draft pick above 7. If the Cavs finish among the bottom 10 teams for the next two years they will be able to add to lottery picks to the roster. This rebuild could end up both short and fun.

Why on earth choose the picture of Kevin Love the day after he got his head fucked up? Like I know that was this past finals.

Well tickets just got a whole lot cheaper, unless you’re on the floor with that 3 year deal.

Going to be a long trek back. I’ll take 20 wins and the lottery for a few years and deal with it if Sexton looks like the real deal. Fuck, we’re used to this. Got to build up Kevin and trade him. Build up assets as much as possible. There are no other moves to make except draft picks.

Lets build something sustainable, where we are non-reliant on one individual, build a collective of wining habits and mechanisms.

- team built on defense.
- team of versatile and multi-faceted players.
- offensive system which is not reliant on the talents of one individual.
- players who are selfless, hard working, gritty and will maximise their potential.
- coaching staff dedicated to player development, building a culture and system built for sustained success.
- front office with a clear vision for sustained success, no quick fixes. A team which embrace the draft and have clear requirements for the type of player they are recruiting.

Lets build this motherfucker!

Can we get rid of Tristan and JR asap now? Any LeBron stink should be shot out of a cannon. Including Lue. It sucks that we're going to hit the lower portion of the league but I really hope this organization starts to smarten the fuck up. Our decision making can be unrestricted now.

Can we get rid of Tristan and JR asap now? Any LeBron stink should be shot out of a cannon. Including Lue. It sucks that we're going to hit the lower portion of the league but I really hope this organization starts to smarten the fuck up. Our decision making can be unrestricted now.
Tristan is not so easy to get rid of.

Reality is that contracts like Smith and Hill are only valuable if you trade them for other big contracts. But you have to manage the size and length of those deals.

Let's think about Hill, for instance. What do they give up if we take Bazemore back and let them get rid of his contract a year early? I'd guess we can get our own pick back for that, but anything else? Atlanta also has that first rounder from Dallas, so would they give us our pick back and the least of those two picks (lottery protected)?

Contracts like Bazemore are interesting because they extend the Cavs contract commitment by a year, but assets can come back for doing a team a favor.

I also suspect there is a market for Love. The Sixers are actually a potential target there. I always thought they'd be an interesting choice, though the Bucks could be too as well as the Suns. If the Sixers believe Kawhi would re-sign, I'm sure they think Love would.

So you flip Smith and Hill for more contracts and either get picks or young talent back. Flip Love as well.

Remember, the Cavs now have their Full MLE and the Bi-Annual. Even after re-signing Hood, they will be under the Tax Apron. There are some interesting players that can be had for a decent price this year. Target a few of them and try to sign at least one to a 3+ year deal.

Establish a culture and a REAL system. That may mean a new coach (I'm a fan of Becky Hammon). I think Koby and the org were already hinting at a new culture.

Give the kids a chance to play. Let Sexton cut his teeth. See what you have in at least one of those UDFAs (likely Preston). Winning games is not important, but you also don't want it to be a slog. Let the season be a learning experience.

I kind of want to keep George Hill. Think he'd be good for Sexton. I like his game and like how he goes about his business.

I wouldn't panic trade Love. Get some good value.

Honestly, our contract situation isn't that bad. We already have two prime young prospects in Sexton and Cedi.

Hood and Nance are decent building blocks.

This will be fine. I'm excited to get back to REAL CAVS FANS Basketball.

Last edited:
We gonna get anything from silver?

Damn, this is gonna suck.

That’s really all I have to add to this thread at the moment.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."